TnVols23

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I must give the nod to Alcoa, simply because of the confidence they should have going into the game. WB is not very good right now despite high expatiations they have in their new coach and some of the kids they think are big stars. I do expect Coach M will turn things around this year, and be tougher later in the year but I don't think it will be this week. Alcoa has its sights real high and they have the confidence of a big region win last week. Alcoa by 10.

After the disappointing performance Vs. Soddy Daisy the other night, I  think that this game will be a little one sided, in favor of Alcoa. I say that we will win by 7. What are other's thoughts? Bart Hicks didn't look to special the other night either.

825327953[/snapback]

Actually, Bart was on of the bright spots. He had several tackles, including one huge hit on SD's big tailback. He shows as much potential at the linebacker spot for a sophomore as just about anybody I've seen.

TNVol, your resentment and sour grapes show concerning Bart. Why can't you just wish the young man well?

I still have to lean toward WB, although they are struggling. Alcoa is good ... real good for 2A ... but they are not Central or Soddy Daisy.

I am picking Alcoa for two reasons. One, I think Alcoa's passing game will present problems for WB. Two, WB's running game against Alcoa's defense will be a very good matchup. I am cautiously optimistic but it always difficult for a 2A school to beat a 5A school.

All I know is I will be there with my Tornadoe stuff on. Pulling for the football team and the band. My only regret is there are no 'visitor' stands at WB. It makes it hard to keep up with what is happening on the Alcoa sideline.