Should girls play?

TigersBball42

Boy did you open up a can of worms on this one. If girls want to play let them play, but on a day to day basis i woud like to see a girl get hit as hard and as many times as most male football players do. Women arent built the same as guys, they dont have the same muscle mass, and therefore could probably get hurt a lot easier than men. I'm not tryin to be sexist so just shut up, Just stating facts. If they want to play let them play, but they wont stay long.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my take on it. When I've played tackle with no pads with my buddies just for fun, I can hit just as hard as some of the guys. Physically, I am built pretty much the same as the guys, I can jump just as high as they can, I can hit as hard as some of the can, and I'm faster than a few of them (mostly linemen, but hey I'm workin on it). I think the thing that seperates guys and girls is mental toughness. I know I don't do well under pressure. But I think if a girl can be mentally tough and be on the same playing level as some of the guys then why not? Just as long as they're parents sign a parental agreement form. (Unfortunatly I'm a daddy's girl and that won't happen in my lifetime)

But hey, this is just my opinion.

Do u think that girls should get to play football, they all think they should but I dont really know should they???

825329030[/snapback]

WHY NOT?? IF THEY THINK THEY CAN SURVIVE A 250-300 POUND BLOCK/KNOCK DOWN FROM AN OPPONENT. IF THEY CAN'T, THEY'LL NOT BE THERE LONG. I KNOW BECAUSE I WAS ONE***

you are all right. i think if the girl thinks she can take it, bring it on, but its her choice to either do it and find out, or dont do it at all. and girls wouldnt be a distraction if you wouldnt let us be but 99.9% of the time guys minds are in the gutter and they cant get past the tight pants. and everyone of ya'll know good and well that the reason some guys get so offended over this is because they are afraid. they are afraid that they will get shown up them selves or their little boy will get shown up, then the other daddies will talk about them. i agree some stupid girls will get out there with a bad *** attitude thinkin cuz they're a girl theyll get special treatment, and i say knock the crap outta them, they shouldnt be out there. i know i would do everything in my power to run someone like that off boy or girl. but the ones who really have the heart and determination, let em play. its for the love of the game. God may have made them a girl but i think they have just as much right to get out there and prove themselves. it isnt your place to judge til you've seen them, and i'm talkin about all of them

We got some mountain girls up here that could play. It just depends on the type of girl. A 5-10 160 lb. girl thats tough and can run under a 5 flat could probably play with the guys. We have had a few like that up here, but the coaches won't let them play and I know these girls could play. I agree that most of them can't, but there are a few who can.

If God had intended girls to play football he wouldn't've given them boobies. Seriously though, take a look at the Rockwood Girls Basketball team the past few years. ONe of the assistant Football coach is the girls team coach. Every year about half the team quits because they can't take him yelling. Say what you will about teenage boys, but haven spent last weekend with my girlfiends youngest sister, 14 yr old girls are just as bad. Little teenage girl may just be wanting to get closer to the high school stud quarter back.

Girls should not be playing football with boys,its that plain and simple.There are so many problems that stem from girls playing.When you line a girl up with a guy in a 1 on 1 tackle drill,the guy has no idea what to do.I know some guys who won`t hit a girl no matter what,and I know some guys who will light a girl up,just because she's a girl.Not only that,but special considerations must be made when a girl plays,like a private dressing room(which is very hard to get on road games) guys have to try not to touch certain areas,ect. Not only that but think what the coaches must go though,can you really see a coach chewing out a girl for missing an block,or running the wrong route? Girls respond differently to things like that than guys do,most would cry (most,not all) Like someone said before,what happens when you have that first major injury to a girl? The family would sue,and the guy who hit her will feel guilty. Girls and guys bodies are made differently,its a fact of life.

Edited by JC4life

Girls should not be playing football with boys,its that plain and simple.There are so many problems that stem from girls playing.When you line a girl up with a guy in a 1 on 1 tackle drill,they guy has no idea what to do.I know some guys who won`t hit a girl no matter what,and I know some guys who will light a girl up,just because she's a girl.Not only that but special considerations must be made when a girl plays,like a private dressing room(which is very hard to get on road games) guys have to try not to touch certain areas,ect. Not only that but think what the coaches must go though,can you really see a coach chewing out a girl for missing an block,or running the wrong route? Girls respond different to things like that than guys do,most would cry (most not all) Like someone said before,what happens when you have that first major injury to a girl? The family would sue,and the guy who hit her will feel guilty. Girls and guys bodies are made differently,its a fact of life.

825329409[/snapback]

Since you put it that way, I could not agree more. Well said!

Wish we still had good marks!