Ooltewah @ Chattanooga Central 09112004

basketballisbest

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing all of these posts let me give a little input. Since I don't attend either of these schools, and in fact, attended high school out of state, I think I can be somewhat objective.

The first thing I noticed in Central's last game is that they put up an awful lot of yardage with little results. From what I can tell, they controlled the game except for a slew of turnovers and penalties. If they can avoid these mistakes, they could give Ooltewah a run for their money. Don't forget Ooltewah had 17 penalties of their own in their last game. They can't keep doing that and expect to beat the big boys like Oak Ridge, Dobbyns Bennett or Riverdale.

On the other hand, I have heard of many boasts of individual and team speed from Red Bank, East Ridge and McMinn County, and none of them compared to the team speed of Ooltewah and none of them came close to the speed and quickness of Caldwell, or Williams for that matter. But if Central can find a way to avoid previous mistakes and stop the running game, this one could get interesting.

I saw the game against McMinn and I must say I have never seen an Ooltewah team ever possess so much depth and so much speed. This team looks better all the way around (passing may still be a question) than the team that made it to the state semis a few years ago.

My prediction is: Ootewah 42 Chattanooga Central 10

After seeing all of these posts let me give a little input.  Since I don't attend either of these schools, and in fact, attended high school out of state, I think I can be somewhat objective.

The first thing I noticed in Central's last game is that they put up an awful lot of yardage with little results.  From what I can tell, they controlled the game except for a slew of turnovers and penalties.  If they can avoid these mistakes, they could give Ooltewah a run for their money.  Don't forget Ooltewah had 17 penalties of their own in their last game.  They can't keep doing that and expect to beat the big boys like Oak Ridge, Dobbyns Bennett or Riverdale.

On the other hand, I have heard of many boasts of individual and team speed from Red Bank, East Ridge and McMinn County, and none of them compared to the team speed of Ooltewah and none of them came close to the speed and quickness of Caldwell, or Williams for that matter.  But if Central can find a way to avoid previous mistakes and stop the running game, this one could get interesting.

I saw the game against McMinn and I must say I have never seen an Ooltewah team ever possess so much depth and so much speed.  This team looks better all the way around (passing may still be a question) than the team that made it to the state semis a few years ago.

My prediction is: Ootewah 42    Chattanooga Central  10

825333826[/snapback]

Very nice post!!!

Thanks. It's fun to watch everyone challenge back and forth, but from time to time we need someone to talk a little reality.

Maybe that's me.???

I just hope both teams come out; play their best; and do it with good sportsmanship. And hopefully no one gets seriously injured -- competition is a great thing for all of us.

your posts arent too bad at all basketballisbest... The Owls really are just extremely fast. Great LB corp, Very strong Lines.... Great RB's... and solid passing game(defensive and offensive) This year could really be a nice chance for them to make it pretty deep in the playoffs... I would like to see them pass the ball a little more once theyve established the run in future games... just for game experience for the QB/WR combinations... practice may be strong but there is no substitution for real time, game time