Tired of Knoxville Central being mad

PLACALL

I have listened to the Knoxville Central fans talk down about Smith and Huber transfering to Powell. The same thing that they have been doing to other schools for several years now finally comes back to bite them.

This is a problem that is being seen more often now. For instance: all those kids that wore AE jerseys last year in Youth League are wearing Fulton. What ever team seems to be winning is the team to join.

The really bad thing is that the parents are starting more and more to shop these kids around. There is no more community involvement or pride. It is time to step up to the plated and do the right thing. play for your community.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have listened to the Knoxville Central fans talk down about Smith and Huber transfering to Powell.  The same thing that they have been doing to other schools for several years now finally comes back to bite them.

This is a problem that is being seen more often now.  For instance: all those kids that wore AE jerseys last year in Youth League are wearing Fulton.  What ever team seems to be winning is the team to join.

The really bad thing is that the parents are starting more and more to shop these kids around.  There is no more community involvement or pride.  It is time to step up to the plated and do the right thing.  play for your community.

825331138[/snapback]

Mad......mad about what? Knox Central has the players despite not having these two (not taking anything away from them they are good players) :huh: ....Huber wanted to leave b/c he could not play LB...as for Smith he loves red and black and would love to still be wearing the uniform :) .....DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS? The PROBLEM is that parents get way into kids lives' and try to live it for them.....I do agree that community involvement and pride is decreasing, but before you say something make sure you know the whole story or talk to the two boy's you are talking about and get the right story.

Central cannot help it that people want to come play for them just like other schools (i.e Fulton), b/c these are the schools they will most likely get the most opportunity of being recruited.

Can you tell me who all besides Cassen signed a football scholarship, not financial aid, to play college football. I am talking about last years Central team only.

Big99 What makes you think that Central and Fulton have the only signees. How many did Fulton have last year? I am talking about full football scholarships not finacial aid, or government grants.

Mad......mad about what?  Knox Central has the players despite not having these two (not taking anything away from them they are good players) :huh: ....Huber wanted to leave b/c he could not play LB...as for Smith he loves red and black and would love to still be wearing the uniform :) .....DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS?  The PROBLEM is that parents get way into kids lives' and try to live it for them.....I do agree that community involvement and pride is decreasing, but before you say something make sure you know the whole story or talk to the two boy's you are talking about and get the right story.

Central cannot help it that people want to come play for them just like other schools (i.e Fulton), b/c  these are the schools they will most likely get the most opportunity of being recruited.

825331170[/snapback]

With all those huge Powell lineman he knew where to go to get recognized.

I agree with you, what"pla"shouldI"call". Community pride has been sacrificed in the name of a winning team and it's ruining high school athletics. Overzealous moms and dads are too willing to blame the coaches at their community schools and yank them out and send them to the highest bidder. We might as well get used to it because as long as the TSSAA has no teeth in this matter then it will go on.

Recruiting your own hallways is no longer good enough.

You must recognize real talent....since Powell was so good last year

825331185[/snapback]

Short memory? The difference in the Powell/Central game last year was one official's call. I'm not saying that it wasn't a correct call, but that was the difference in the ball game - period.

Central is a great football program and for the most part has classy players and fans. The same could be said of Powell. It's a very few that are whining about the situation.

The deal with Huber and Smith has gone way past where it should have. Both moved in to the Powell zone and enrolled at the school they are zoned for. Nobody "recruited" either player.

There have been a lot of players go from the Powell zone to Central and nobody from Central has complained. Now the reverse happens and all heck breaks loose. That's just plain hypocritical.

I do agree with Newman...parents are getting to caught up in where their kids are playing and who they are playing for....this is not what high school ball is supposed to be about.....that is what college is for......it is getting ridiculous

This is to PLATO....there is a difference in getting a scholarship (i.e. to a school that is on probation and cannot get big recruits to come there) to a D-1 school and actually getting to see the field!!!!! If you know what I mean :huh:

I do agree with Newman...parents are getting to caught up in where their kids are playing and who they are playing for....this is not what high school ball is supposed to be about.....that is what college is for......it is getting ridiculous

This is to PLATO....there is a difference in getting a scholarship (i.e. to a school that is on probation and cannot get big recruits to come there) to a D-1 school and actually getting to see the field!!!!!  If you know what I mean  :lol:

825331301[/snapback]

You really believe that? I'm no Bama fan, but they are still an SEC school who is off probation now and isn't having any problem getting into the homes of some pretty good recruits.

Besides, Baron had offers from and was recruited by some other pretty good D1-A programs.

Rinse the sour grape taste out of your mouth.

Edited by HTV

This is a problem that is being seen more often now.  For instance: all those kids that wore AE jerseys last year in Youth League are wearing Fulton.  What ever team seems to be winning is the team to join.

The really bad thing is that the parents are starting more and more to shop these kids around.  There is no more community involvement or pride.  It is time to step up to the plated and do the right thing.  play for your community.

825331138[/snapback]

Ok let's get one thing straight! Are you talking Youth League Sports or are you talking High School Sports? How are you going to get on here and talk about 2 high school players and then talk about a youth league team?

Now the playes from the Baby Roadrunners who left the program to play for the Baby Falcons left only because they or should I say their parents didn't get along with the Pee Wee coach. Those same exact players will be playing Midget ball with the Baby Roadrunners next year and you can bait on that.

Now to the topic that you started, I don't think many of the Central fans are still talking about the 2 transfers. Powell isn't better then Central and will never be so why should the Central fans be talking bad about the transfers and Powell?