Alcoa vs. Sweetwater

Tornadofan15

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Govman, I don't mean to be disrespectful of your memory either. Sweetwater had the ball for the last play of the game and completed a short pass, AHS was in a prevent defense. Little Al ran along the SHS player for a short time and pushed him out of bounds. Then the bad situation happened. This was Ronnie's first year as head coach, or as they called it- head football. I'm pretty sure I know who you are. Why don't you ask 10 tonight?

Govman, I don't mean to be disrespectful of your memory either.  Sweetwater had the ball for the last play of the game and completed a short pass, AHS was in a prevent defense.  Little Al ran along the SHS player for a short time and pushed him out of bounds. Then the bad situation happened.  This was Ronnie's first year as head coach, or as they called it- head football.  I'm pretty sure I know who you are.  Why don't you ask 10 tonight?

825342383[/snapback]

Mr. Abbott,

I won't see 10 tonight. For the past several years, up until about a month and a 1/2 ago, I would have. I will instead, most likely see your father at our weekly Wed. nite supper. You evidently aren't aware that I've made a move.

We may need to make a bet on this one. I won't argue that Alcoa was on d, and in prevent, but I might be willing to bet you lunch that Al was in possession of the ball (intercept?) at the end of the game before the big bruuuhaaaa started.

Maybe I'm just nuts.

I'll pick Alcoa by 10! I do think if they are sloppy like last week vs. a bad WBlount team, Sorry GovMan, then the game could go to SW. Alcoa does count primarily on 3 players who are good but not great and I think depth is a big factor for a championship team. Latham and Lindsey will get their yards so I think it will come down to who has the intensity. Another point is, most all teams improve every week, and Alcoa has no corner on that market. Go Nadio's

Waggle said it right, if Sweetwater is gonna win they are gonna have to hold the ball a long time. Alcoa scores fast and a lot. If you hold the ball for most the game, then you can stop them from doing that. But that means Sweetwaters offence is gotta be going good, and Alcoa defence not as. But i don't think Sweetwater can do this, Alcoa just to strong.

Not sure which generation of Abbot this is ... I'm assuming "Principle" Abbot, but I also remember that young Darby Abbot had visions of riding a Snapper onto the field pre-game later that year when Sweetwater came for playoffs to present the colors.  I think you "nipped" that one.  True?  Or just a rumor?

825341922[/snapback]

Just to set the record straight on one other thing, Sweetwater didn't get to play alcoa in the play-offs that year (even though they wanted it very very badly!) alcoa was beat by Meigs Co. that year. (not sure of the score) sweetwater then played Meigs on the road in the semi-finals and beat them 44-21 (wasn't that close) Meigs had a very good rb that year believe his name was Gary Meadows, and the wildcats shut him down. He got most his yds on a long run late in the 4th quarter long after the game had been decided and reserves were in.. Sweetwater then went to state and beat a very good milan team 10-6. :D

Just to set the record straight on one other thing, Sweetwater didn't get to play alcoa in the play-offs that year (even though they wanted it very very badly!) alcoa was beat by Meigs Co. that year. (not sure of the score) sweetwater then played Meigs on the road in the semi-finals and beat them 44-21 (wasn't that close) Meigs had a very good rb that year believe his name was Gary Meadows, and the wildcats shut him down. He got most his yds on a long run late in the 4th quarter long after the game had been decided and reserves were in.. Sweetwater then went to state and beat a very good milan team 10-6.  B)

825342782[/snapback]

I was on about 11 yrs old, but I do remember Meigs beating Alcoa in the second or third round. It was a very sloppy game, and I could barely see the field. I think the score was like 24-7 or something like that!

Wagglert,  They should win state.  HaHa!  Did you forget the 55 to 6 thrashing they took last year from lipscomb.  But I won't talk about that now this is about Alcoa and Sweetwater.  If Alcoa thinks Dustin Latham is the only player that Sweetwater has then Alcoa better watch out.  Besides the way everyone has talked all year Alcoa only has three players on the team.  They will have a hard time beating 11 with only three.  Football is a team sport and Sweetwater will bring the whole team.  Just remember both of the Alcoa games last year Sweetwater lost them because of turnovers.  If Sweetwater holds on to the ball they will come out winners in this one.  Sweetwaters line is just to big and strong for Alcoa.

825339271[/snapback]

I tried to tell you and your buddy that SW just didn't have a chance in this one. 44-10 if I'm not mistaking!! Sorry, but Alcoa will dominate the region! Good luck though!! thumb