AP Top ten

nununu

I think Farragut is probably overrated. They only beat winless Heritage 7-6 and winless Bearden 14-0.

It is still early, especially because they really haven't played anyone very good.

We will find out eventually as they close the season with Oak Ridge, at Soddy Daisy, and at Ooltewah. That's a rough stretch that they have struggled with (0-9) the last three years.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is JCM really that good this year?

825340751[/snapback]

The truth is they are probably better than everyone thinks this year. This team reminds me of the one two years ago when the cougars had a undefeated season in class 5a. They are loaded with talent this year with the offense led by junior QB Ricky Borner who is dangerous in and out of the pocket, and the defense led by 6'1 220 pound LB Anthony Echols who reminds me of 2002 Gatorade Tennessee Player Of The Year Daniel Brooks. They both play the same style of football and both are hard-nosed players. The JCM Cougars are the real deal and i hope they get a chance for revenge on Melrose this year. If they get past Melrose they will be gunning for Maryville.

I like the recognition from the AP voters for Rutledge, but seriously the only team they've beaten is Gibbs and the jury is still out on Gibbs.

Until Rutledge wins one or both of the next two games I don't feel they should be ranked as high as they are. Definitely should not be ahead of the defending champs in 3A or tied with the team that knocked them out of the playoffs last year.

Edited by KevB1990

West Carroll may be decent, but I think Bruceton and JCS could both handle them (Definetley JCS atleast).  In my opinon, the AP poll is useless until the 6th or 7th week.

825341168[/snapback]

Bruceton won't beat West Carroll..But they get their chance on Oct.1st....Bruceton will on the other hand beat South Fulton....I agree with Bigwes68 on his opinion of South Fulton....

In 4A... Haywood is probably underrated...Should be in the Top5...

In 1A....Boyd-Buc should be 2nd...South Fulton should also be receiving votes..

In 2A....Humboldt is overated..Tyner would easily beat them....Carver is probably underated...

In 3A...McNairy is overated...

Edited by occhsfanviachattanooga