Tennesse Great Players?

BigOrangeCountry24

I think you may be off on the Brackins brothers

I can see them not taking Phillip, but they flat out missed Eric

825348971[/snapback]

Um...so what happens if they insist they're going to school together and if Tennessee won't take both, they don't need to waste their time talking to them?

Too many of you guys are assuming that every kid in the state wants to wear that ugly shade of orange. There's a lot out there who don't.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah! home vs UNLV, home vs LA Tech, and home vs Notre Dame are really hard non conference games.

825349199[/snapback]

well if you read what I wrote I said no team in the SEC plays a demanding non conference schedule. I love when people dont read before they type. But while we are on this subject. La. Tech will contend in the WAC. Notre Dame will be tough and every school plays a cupcake the 1st week. At least they aren't a division 1-aa school like some teams play.

they recruited simms the year before clausen, we actually ended up with aj suggs instead of simms and personally i wish we'd had simms instead of clausen or suggs. i can't believe i actually had the nerve to say that, in my opinion i would have wanted simms over suggs! 

Tennessee recruits in Tennessee as much or more than in any other state.  If there is a top prospect who is getting recruited by other top schools in this state, UT always gets them.  As far as the players who are have gone to Auburn, I believe that Auburn as a whole has a lower standard for their recruits.  Cooper Wallace probly didn't come because Jason Witten was there.  And these peple who are arguing that this maryville qb should be at UT, news flash, UT has 2 of the best (if not the best 2) freshman qb's in the nation, also, they already have a committment from Jonathon Crompton, the #2 qb in the nation for this class.  I think we are going to be pretty deep at that position and there is no need to waste a scholarship on a guy who won't see the field for the big orange.

825349019[/snapback]

I'm a Maryville Fan and we've only ever had one QB that could play (not start) at UT in my opinion (Toki McCray). It's not Cade. Cade will compete at NC and maybe start. He is a great tobacco road prospect.

Oh yeah! home vs UNLV, home vs LA Tech, and home vs Notre Dame are really hard non conference games.

825349199[/snapback]

Their gonna be harder than they look JC. Even though we put it on UNLV, they were still much more chalenge than anyone anticipated. Notre Dame should scare us all a little bit. Their gonna have it figured out by week 9.

I think you may be off on the Brackins brothers

Eric

Co-captain of 2001 Wolverine football team ... two-time All-Big Ten Conference honorable mention selection (2000-01 by media, 2001 by coaches) ... two-time Butkus Award candidate (2000, 2001) ... four-year letterman and two-year starter at inside linebacker ... played in 44 career contests and made 18 starts ... recorded 150 stops, 15 TFLs, five sacks and four PBUs during career ... set career-best 57-tackle season in 2000.

Attended Gatlinburg-Pittman High School (1997) coached by Gary Hammonds ... four-year letterman and three-year starter on the varsity team ... played linebacker, tailback and fullback during high school career ... Key Statistics ... recorded 404 tackles, 40 TFLs and 12 sacks on defense during his career ... ran for 2,131 yards and 33 touchdowns on offense for two-time Appalachian Region champions ... amassed 800 yards rushing during his senior season, while making 128 tackles and three sacks defensively ... chosen All-Appalachian Region Defensive Player of the Year and Mr. Football in Class AAA his senior year ... Honors and Rankings ... chosen as first-team All-SEC Region by PrepSTAR magazine ... picked as the No. 24 prospect in Dixie and the No. 19 linebacker on the SuperPrep All-America team ... two-time defensive player of the year by the Mountain Press ... selected as honorable mention All-USA by USA Today.

Phillp

Attended Gatlinburg-Pittman High School (1999) coached by Gary Hammonds ... ran the 40-yard dash in 4.6 seconds ... four-year varsity letterman and three-year starter ... played strong safety, quarterback, running back and linebacker during prep career ... Key Statistics ... rushed for over 3,000 yards and scored 52 TDs on offense during career ... recorded over 135 tackles and tallied eight sacks defensively in his career ... rushed for 1,404 yards, caught 10 passes for 272 yards and threw for 259 yards as a senior ... set a school record with 28 touchdowns senior year ... recorded 81 tackles, five sacks, three TFLs and two interceptions from safety position during senior season ... rushed for 1,404 yards with 24 touchdowns as a junior ... recorded 37 tackles and two interceptions during junior season ... Honors and Rankings ... USA Today High School All-American honorable mention ... No. 19 prospect in the state of Tennessee by the Knoxville News Sentinel ... listed No. 80 in the Dixie region by SuperPrep ... rated as No. 86 player on Prep Football Report All-Southeast team ... selected to play in Tennessee-Kentucky All-Star football game ... all-state honoree as a junior and senior ... selected all-county as a sophomore, junior and senior ... Tennessee Athletic Coaches Association Offensive Player of the Year as a junior ... named Associated Press All-State on offense as a senior and on defense as a junior

I can see them not taking Phillip, but they flat out missed Eric

825348971[/snapback]

You have way too much time on your hands.

The state of Tennessee has a handful of D-1 prospects each year, most of those guys are pulled from the state because UT may only recruit a few of those guys and UT recruits out of state and JUCO heavily, and who wants to play for a team who has that ugly orange for their color. Go Dawgs forever. UGA

well, considering notre dame beat a michigan team that was ranked in the top 10, a La Tech team that has the leading rusher in the nation, UNLV has one of the quickest backs i have seen....maybe you need to rethink that..

825349201[/snapback]

Oh, get over it. La Tech isn't good, UNLV stinks, too. ND will be a good game, just bc it is awesome when ND plays UT. It seems like the whole community of Knoxville is split, the Baptists against the Catholics. It is great to see all the orange and green and gold in the stadium.

Edited by californiastars