DB INDIANS VS SD CHEROKEES

ArtVandalay

Dobyns-Bennett has been using the Roll Tribe Roll slogan since the 1930's! Kingsport to me is sadly a dying little town where good players are moving away because alot of professionals are leaving the area so I don't see the whole recruiting deal. The winningest team in state history! Number 24 in the nation in all-time wins, 51st in the nation for winning percentage, 13 State championships, over 50 division 1 college players, 4 Alumni in the Tennessee Sports Hall of Fame, an original member of the College Football Hall of Fame, 5 pro football alumni, plus three other former Indians who were drafted by the NFL but did not play. If you want to talk recruiting look at MBA or Brentwood Academy! You need to worry about the South-Doyle program. Old Young High was a great program in the '40's and '50's and Doyle was good in the 70's. Each year I admire the athletes South-Doyle puts on the field but they lack intensity and don't rally together. South-Doyle could be a really good program if the staff could get the guys to play as a team and believe in each other. When I played at D-B in the early 80's we didn't have alot of talent but the traditions and leadership skills the coaching staff and alumni indoctrinated us with made us a better team, alot of football is psychological!

In short, Roll Tribe Roll!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had heard that the kid you are talking about is living in CA now, but that wasnt from him

825359812[/snapback]

Your right waltdeezy, he had moved out to Cali for the summer to stay with his dad, but he was back here to see us after summer practices and said that he was either playing at or attending gate city

I reckin' the Doyle's will be crying Friday Night.

This will be a good run thru for the Tribe. Duran Duran, back on track with 4 TD Passes and 1 TD Run. Look for the Defense to score at least 1 TD. Expect the Tribe Defense to shut down the Doyle's for negative yards in the 1st half. We all know that GMan calls of the masacre just when it is way out of hand.

So halftime..... DB 49-0

Final Score .... DB 63-7

Roll Tribe Roll

Bring your crying towel, Doyle's

Giddy Up!!

I gotta' question for you DB haters. Do you think DB is the only school in the state without a state championship since the playoffs begain? I never see these comments directed to any other school. The state championships that DB has won are official, whether they came before the playoff system or not. And I don't think things would of been any different had there been a playoff system at that time. If this is your line of thinking then I guess any college team that wins a national championship can't really count that championship because there is no playoff in college.

Another thing. If we never win another championship its fine with us DB fans. Oh sure we would like to see another one, two or three maybe. But we'll take those 9, 10, or 11 win seasons any day over winning a state championship and then going to 4 or 5 wins a season like a lot of schools do.

By the way RedSmash, how many years in row has DB beat Jefferson Co.? Would you trade that "1" championship to finally get a win over DB? I know if I were you I would.

To answer your question, no I would not trade the state title won on the field for a single victory over anyone. This attitude of superiority is the vcery reason you see people say things about never winning the title on the field. You all are in an upswing right now, but the "dynasty" is crumbling a bit!!

By the way RedSmash, how many years in row has DB beat Jefferson Co.? Would you trade that "1" championship to finally get a win over DB? I know if I were you I would.

825361680[/snapback]