Weight Room Totals

bhsOL

If you guys have seen this Meridith kid you might believe he can do this he is a man child.

THe bench world record for supers is 965 this is unreal Gene Rychlak set 7-11-04 he weighs 379 lbs. 198 lb. weight class record is 683 220 lb. weight class is 738.5 these are unreal records.

www.powermagonline.com

At elizabethton we are puny we only have about 4or five kids benching 300+ lbs. We only have 1 that squats over 400.

825361220[/snapback]

Kenny wrestles too. As a sophomore placed 6th in state in the 189 lb. weght class and as a junior he placed 2nd also at 189.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maurice whitten from tennessee high benches- 350 squats -560 power cleans-350 and run a 4.5 fourty. He weighs about 215. Look for him in D1 next year

825362951[/snapback]

But with all the numbers these guys put up do they know how to use their power? Many people have unreal strength but can't use it.

926 sorry you had problems reading hulks post. and no they dont teach english at ole betsy. I know alittle about lifting and did not have any problems reading his post.

At Betsy they teach pogarian. I believe the hulk is a honor student at Betsy and scored about a 25 as a freshman on his A.C.T. He aint to dumb.  Powermagonline.com...check it out....SHW-Gene Rychlak USA, Record Set 7/11/04, weighed 348 lbs., instead of being  ignorant and going on what you think you know all about...look at the facts for once.

825362428[/snapback]

Well, I know a thing or two about lifting, myself. I also know how to form a simple sentence. Maybe the hulkster should post like an honor student instead of the way he did and people wouldn't assume things are a little slow, up in the corner. How hard would it have been for an honor student, even one from the corner, to use proper punctuation? You managed it, didn't you?

Guys, the biggest problem with this is the discrepancies with depth on squats and bouncing the bar off the chest or bridging on bench presses. I have seen a lot of high school guys who said they could squat 500, but they end up 3 inches or more from parallel. Three inches is a WORLD of difference with a heavy squat. You can easily add 100-150 pounds to your max. Bench presses that are bounced off the chest or where their butt is a foot off the bench prove nothing. A power clean is either made or not. I have seen the video of Rychlak's bench record. The bench shirt he has on was so constrcitive that the bar couldn't hardly go down to his chest, even with 900 pounds. He would probably be a 600 or so bencher doing it with no equipment. Olympic Lifting is a true test of strength. No equipment is going to help you get a clean and jerk or snatch. McGavock holds a bench press and power clean contest every spring sponsored by Coca-Cola. The weight classes are under 140, 141-160, 161-180, 181-200, 201-220, 221-240, 241-260, and 261 to unlimited. There is also a best lifter done by formula. It is scheduled for Thursday March 10th. Coach Larry Coffee at McGavock is your contact. (615) 885-8850. Hendersonville won it last year. If you think you are strong, bring it on. thumb

:)

But with all the numbers these guys put up do they know how to use their power?  Many people have unreal strength but can't use it.

825362974[/snapback]

At Siegel we have 38 players who lift a combined total of 225 on the bench, 175 squat, and really do not know anything about that cleaning thing. :huh:

Guys, the biggest problem with this is the discrepancies with depth on squats and bouncing the bar off the chest or bridging on bench presses. I have seen a lot of high school guys who said they could squat 500, but they end up 3 inches or more from parallel.  Three inches is a WORLD of difference with a heavy squat.  You can easily add 100-150 pounds to your max. Bench presses that are bounced off the chest or where their butt is a foot off the bench prove nothing. A power clean is either made or not.  I have seen the video of Rychlak's bench record.  The bench shirt he has on was so constrcitive that the bar couldn't hardly go down to his chest, even with 900 pounds.  He would probably be a 600 or so bencher doing it with no equipment.  Olympic Lifting is a true test of strength.  No equipment is going to help you get a clean and jerk or snatch.  McGavock holds a bench press and power clean contest every spring sponsored by Coca-Cola. The weight classes are under 140, 141-160, 161-180, 181-200, 201-220, 221-240, 241-260, and 261 to unlimited.  There is also a best lifter done by formula.  It is scheduled for Thursday March 10th.  Coach Larry Coffee at McGavock is your contact. (615) 885-8850.  Hendersonville won it last year.  If you think you are strong, bring it on. thumb

825363013[/snapback]

I agree 100%. Bench shirts, squat suits, deadlift suits, and those industrial knee wraps the powerlifters use add a significant percentage to the lifter's true max. Everybody knows high school weight room maxes are bogus, but they don't use all the apparel that powerlifters use, either...so in my opinion, it's a push.

I coach my son in powerlifting. He's 16 and plays for Mt. Juliet.

He competed in June of this year in a sanctioned meet and hit a 660 squat, 375 bench and 565 deadlift.

He's also competed in Strongman as a 15 year old and placed 4th out of a group 12 men in the heavy weight division.

I know and have handled Josh Ward from Sevierville, TN and he benched in the mid 500's a couple of years ago.

These lifts were done in powerlifting meets. Both kids have done more int eh lifts in the gym but, we can't count those as they weren't done in meets.