Friday Night Lights

secretasianman

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i still say that the program is the best football movie. i dont think it was too Hollywood at all. What about the part with the two linebackers who would spit in each others mouth to get fired up, (i know that many people will not see any point in that and consider it gross, and well im with ya to an extinct). But what i liked most about the program is that is showed the darker side of college football. I mean the one linebacker couldnt even read so all he was relying on was getting to the NFL, the he breaks his leg and his NFL dreams go down the drain. it also had some of the best on the field shooting i think there has ever been.

Remeber Titan is very close for 2nd

Can't wait to see the movie. I have not read the book "yet" but look forward to that also. From what I have seen so far it should be awsome. We moved to east TN from a small town in north TX called Iowa Park (Go Hawks) This is a town of about 7000 people, but they had a bowl stadium that was built by the towns people. And most of the smaller towns had stadiums that were just as big. An on any given Friday night, you could locate the High school in any town from 10 miles out by following the lights in the distance. It was an awsome football experience that I'm glad my son's were able to be part of for a while.

Guest region4fan

That music from Brian's Song occasionally comes on while I am in an elevator and it makes me tear up too. I can still see them running together while that music plays.......

I also have to fight them back in Titans when Big Julius goes to see Gerry at the hospital and Gerry calls him his brother. Man Oh Man that one is tough to get thru.

Edited by region4fan

Varsity Blues is my guilty pleasure. Acting isn't great, accents are shotty, but if it's on I gotta watch it.

I recommend "The Last Game". It's a documentary I rented earlier this year. Chronicles one year of this dynasty high school football program in Pennsylvania, which culminates in the father/coach going up against his son, who is coaching another team in the playoffs. It's no "Hoop Dreams"--another awesome sports film--but it's worth the rental price.

Guest region4fan

My son just bought me the book. he is in this weekend and we are going to see the movie together. I can't wait.......dying to peek at the book, but decided to see the movie first.