1A Playoffs

timbdp

Unbiasedspectator,

I dont think its Boyd fans underestimting DCA. But why shouldnt they be confident against an DCA, they did defeat them in the state championship. I have seen both teams play as well and DCA would have to throw the ball much better to beat Boyd, cause they couldnt run the ball against them. Boyd is very good maybe better than last year. DCA has a harder road to through the playoffs, good luck to DCA and I hope to see you in the "boro." GO BUCS!!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No private school should be allowed to play in Div I Class A, the county schools that can't recruit kids from all over don't have much of a chance, next year will be much more interesting, this years title will likely go to one of the alphabet schools.

825376894[/snapback]

If'n yer gunna let privet schouls play pubics, putt the privets in Class AAAA or Class AAAAA. Why putt the creem of the crop with the smaler schouls?

Looks like Mt. Pleasant is running up scores like Ezell Harding did in 2001. I know that they have a lot of talent, and they play a big game the 22nd with Wayne County who just slipped by Eagleville this past week. That game shouldn't be a big challenge for Mt. Pleasant and they will end up a #1 seed. Also DCA and CPA play that same night, so several things will be determined at that point.

Well atleast after this year most of the privates will play in a different classification as they all should.  No private school should be allowed to play in Div I Class A, the county schools that can't recruit kids from all over don't have much of a chance, next year will be much more interesting, this years title will likely go to one of the alphabet schools.

825376894[/snapback]

The schools in 1a can't recruit. Nobody in 1a recruits, and for the rankings boyd should be #1,then cpa and dca,then maybe mt. pleasent. There is no way they should be ranked over boyd and cpa,thats just crazy!

Hello JB

Edited by footballrox

Of course they recruit. Anybody can so long as it is with in the residence rules of the TSSAA, or they sit out. Some areas just have better jobs to find for the parents of the better athletes, the job market in Nashville is much better than say Greenback, Oneida, Midway, or Unaka. Mt. Pleasant has Saturn and the rest of the Wmson Co. area that boarders Maury.

No knead in argueng no moore, butt even my cuzzin who coaches bassketbawl in a high schoul in Kanetucky rekruits. Lyke I say, EVERBODY rekruits, or at leest thay try. Sum are bettur than others. Lyke Larry Curr frum Annerson Cownty. He even got cawght once. Ill say no moore beefore thay shut down the thread. B)

Unbiasedspectator,

I dont think its Boyd fans underestimting DCA.  But why shouldnt they be confident against an DCA, they did defeat them in the state championship.  I have seen both teams play as well and DCA would have to throw the ball much better to beat Boyd, cause they couldnt run the ball against them.  Boyd is very good maybe better than last year.  DCA has a harder road to through the playoffs, good luck to DCA and I hope to see you in the "boro."  GO BUCS!!!

825377636[/snapback]

Hard to say how the outcome would have changed, but remember that DCA were basically without Chris Wooden in the state final who was playing with an injured MCL. He is still a major threat and I also think DCA now have new ways to score since Wooden was not 100% at the start of the season. To the best of my knowledge, DCA only graduated one senior who got a lot of playing time from last year. I would definitely classify them as a stronger team this year.

Just like CPA and Boyd, I think DCA would beat Goodpasture this year and also by a healthy margin.

I apologize for anything that might have offended Boyd fans, and I was one of the first to congratulate their team for winning their first state championship. But they are NOT the greatest thing since sliced bread. I will even say that they could be the best team this year, but to undermine teams that have dominated Boyd for years until last year, when Boyd defeated a very young team that was absolutely riddled with injuries. And beating Goodpasture, who is down, doesn't make you a monster. It has gone to Boyd fans heads and they must realize that CPA and DCA, who've both won multiple state championships, have done that many times before. Again, Boyd may be the best team this year, and being the defending champs I understand the notion that they are #1 until beaten, but I wouldn't bet on it. Again, I have seen all three teams this year.

Edited by unbiasedspectator