DB at Campbell Co.

ccDL92

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok here is the low down on tonights game!!!!!!!!!! (just know everyones waiting to hear this lol).

db: #1 in state but should they be? (now don't go hating db fans). good recievers as well as decent qb. running game starting to improve. defense is ok hard to tell if the other teams are scoring on second and third teams to give confidence and not embaress the other teams (exception: oak ridge).

ccchs: finally clinch's playoff spot after 29 years (research shows ccchs opened in 75 not 74). will they be emotional (yes), will they be scared (no). with their qb gone to the sidelines as reported could there be that alabama ruse once again pulled by the coaching staff so db wouldn't prepare for him? are the sprinklers going today (by accident of course) since it's dry today,hmmm one never knows!!!!

game: this game will be closer than people expect, possible upset in the minds of the ccchs faithful until that untimely and usual occurance of the turnover giving db the short field to score on (history repeating itself as in games before during this season) ccchs defense steps onto the field but can't contain or even bottle up the tribes offense as it has done to many teams in their 4 shutouts.

score:

db: 40 +

ccchs: 14

I don't know how I "Bud" posted as bighitter because I just posted all of the www.tricitiessports.com as Bud.  CoachT who is bighitter?

TO ALL THOSE THAT DON"T KNOW:

www.tricitiessports.com will carry not one; but both of the Dobyns Bennett Football radio stations live on the internet. Choose either WKIN or WKPT. What an awesome service. Go download your player now so that when game time rolls around you will be ready. Also, during the week, you can listen to various sports talk shows. Check it out!

Roll Tribe

PS I know smoke will love this.

825394388[/snapback]

Oh yeah that is very nice Bud, thanks for the information. www.tricitiessports.com is a great website that keeps me updated on whats going on with sports around the area.

I will diffently be listening to the DB game tonight.

I want to thank www.tricitiessports.com, Intellithought of Kingsport, and Bank of Tennessee, for making this happen. I will diffently enjoy hearing the games from back home, and it will be nice to get to listen to the sports shows throught the week also.

Thanks again Bud for the infromation.

Roll Tribe Roll

Game time. My take on this game.

DB has the offense to move the ball against the best D's in the state. Is Campbell County's Defense better than Oak Ridge? I don't know that answer, but we will after tonight. But I doubt that the Cougars are in the Wildcats league. DB put up 45 on Oak Ridge... @ Oak Ridge.

DB has the Defense to stop the best Offenses in the State. OR is the only team to have any real success. They scored 31, 24 of that was in the 1st half. DB could easily have 3 shutouts and they have a couple of near misses... but DB does play alot of players when the 3rd and 4th quarters role around.

DB will play alot of players tonight.. and this will be one of those near shutouts.. CC will more than likely score late in this game.

Congrats to CC for a great season, glad to see someone other than Jeff Co or Sevier Co up top with the Tribe.

DB 35

CC 06

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Edited by ArtVandalay

JKar,

I have said all year that Riverdale is the #1 team and still think that and can give plenty of reasons why, but that is a different thread...but decent quarterback? he was first team all-state last year and having a real good senior season...running game isn't just now coming around, it is just now being used - we just weren't running the ball much earlier in the season...our running yards for the season are equal to the running yards for our opponents and that includes Gulmire, Shiverdecker, Pate, and Elder (no we haven't seen Mr. Johnson , yet). Defense is ok? what tapes have you been watching? giving up 173 yards per game is ok? and that does include Oak Ridge...not as low as the 157 that the Cougars are allowing, but ok? How good are your sprinklers? Have the mowers been working at all this week? Is Stiner really injured? Is he really out for this game and the remainder of the season? Is the mexican restaurant recommended earlier in the week really that good?

Plenty of potential for an upset, but no need to knock a team you haven't yet seen...

How good of a road is hwy 63 (or is it 163)?...if I want to avoid the Interstate traffic, what are the alternate roads like?

Thanks...good luck

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by skunk