Tennessee High state champions

wrestlingcoach

You played both teams THIS year? Well, I'm sorry but that has no bearing on the subject of this thread.

Now if you maybe could tell us how GREAT you think the viking are then maybe that would work. Or can you come up with about 3 pages of stats to back up your knowledge of how mighty THS really is this year? That would be really helpful.

825420626[/snapback]

i played both this year and we will see who is better when u play maryville

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok. Thanks, Nizzi B. What game will you travel to see this week? Who will win-out in the Region 1 & 2 playoffs?

I can cut & paste a whole wheel barrel load of why THS will win it all. Roll up your pant legs and get ready. Its deep!

A viking fan thought the Trojan players & coaches were incorrect thinking the vikings weren't the best. Where is THS the weakest?

825420692[/snapback]

;) Here’s another one for your THS barrel 03.

NIIZZIB is obviously a little bitter today now that he realizes that he will see the rest of the playoffs from the stand. I still give you props along with your boy THEGAME65… you guys played a tough game.

Now with that out of the way… lets get to the facts. First I have to say… 03 you are a clown!!! I’ve seen your posts on several threads and I can’t figure you out???! YET

Now the facts. MoWest had no game breaker. Their fastest player could only equal the speed of our D-ends or linebackers. That’s why after we were on the board twice in the 3rd … they were no longer a threat. After breaking into the secondary of MoWest…BA the 3rd fastest man on THS"s team made there secondary look like a bunch of Kebler Elves chasing after a Chocolate Chip… it was embarrassing. The same play, two times in a row!!! Even with an angle they weren’t able to even breathe the same are that BA was breathing. After asking around I feel that our (THS) edge WILL BE athleticism and speed!! And not only in the skilled positions. Especially in the Maryville game!!! I hear they are big and strong and well coached. That’s not enough to win the big one in this era. YOU MUST HAVE THE STAND OUT ATHLETES!! The call them GAME BREAKERS… we call him BA!!! thumb

;) Here’s another one for your THS barrel 03.

NIIZZIB is obviously a little bitter today now that he realizes that he will see the rest of the playoffs from the stand. I still give you props along with your boy THEGAME65… you guys played a tough game.

Now with that out of the way… lets get to the facts. First I have to say… 03 you are a clown!!! I’ve seen your posts on several threads and I can’t figure you out???! YET

Now the facts. MoWest had no game breaker. Their fastest player could only equal the speed of our D-ends or linebackers. That’s why after we were on the board twice in the 3rd … they were no longer a threat. After breaking into the secondary of MoWest…BA the 3rd fastest man on THS"s team made there secondary look like a bunch of Kebler Elves chasing after a Chocolate Chip… it was embarrassing. The same play, two times in a row!!! Even with an angle they weren’t able to even breathe the same air that BA was breathing. After asking around I feel that our (THS) edge WILL BE athleticism and speed!! And not only in the skilled positions. Especially in the Maryville game!!! I hear they are big and strong and well coached. That’s not enough to win the big one in this era. YOU MUST HAVE THE STAND OUT ATHLETES!! The call them GAME BREAKERS… we call him BA!!! thumb

825420875[/snapback]

I'm surprised at you, Stone cold! You write about me making comparsions and then your next 2 sentences are some sort of the same.

I was at that Powell game, too. Powell played the Maryville team close all night. Powell hit them pretty hard. Powell had a hard working QB (Cody Watts). Cody had some great passes to Smith. Powell caused Maryville some trouble.

The final score was 42-10. Maryville won that one.

825420600[/snapback]

I quoted those scores for the very reason why you can't do comparisons.

03, you missed my point. Football is a game of emotion. It's hard to get fired up

every week but playoff time you better be ready or you're watching other teams

play in stands the next week. Mo-West is a much better team than their record.

I can't believe they didn't win the conference.

Powell did give Maryville a good game for awhile but Rebs still won by 32 points.

That's why I was impressed. They just don't make mistakes and execute very well.

As I said earlier, Maryville is the team that everyone strives to be and while some

of their fans "toot their horn" a little too much, the Rebs have made a habit of backing it up.

why isnt this called tennessee high: we wont make it past the semi's.  or tennessee high:  we arent good enough to beat Maryville.  just pointing out the facts here

825420167[/snapback]

Whats this stuff with Maryville...i mean whats all the talk just because they have a perfect record doesn't mean anything. We have a perfect record too but it doesn't matter in the playoffs. You can talk all you want but just wait if Tennessee High does play Maryville they will be ready...That is if Maryville doesnt loose their next game

1tshelley, whats this "asking around" you're talking about?

Don't think anyone outside of Bristol believes THS is at the same level as Maryville. You can't just ask your buddies around you at the home game and get an honest answer. I thought some of your own fans were told the vikings are NOT playing at the level Maryville is? And a MoWest player that I'm sure has no use at all for Maryville says the vikes are not there yet.

And thinking that Maryville is so big & strong is false. They do have size. They are fast. But more than that they are well coached, confident, in great playing condition and they make very few mistakes.

As for B A, that kid is fast! Was fun to watch last year and looks to be stronger this year. There is some great speed in the Knoxville & Chattanooga areas, too. No one has gotten loose from Maryville's defense.

Also, would you explain what you meant concerning B A looking like a Chocolate Chip? That didn't sound so right. Is that what your group sitting around you at the game thinks as well?

825421247[/snapback]

:D I’m glad you asked 03… my source is an ex THS alumni and former Viking football and basketball standout. If I’m not mistaken I think he still holds at least one school record in football. He lives just outside the Knoxville area and is a big fan of high school football. He brags about the RedRebles all the time so I thought I would get the scouting report. He hasn’t seen the Vikings play this year (he does know some of the players and their families) but he HAS been to see Maryville play. He gave me the run down on your team as he sees it, and to me… I couldn’t have gotten a better report from the newspaper reporter that covers your games.

Your team thrives mainly on intimidation… sort of like your fans do. THAT’S NOT GOING TO WORK THIS TIME!!! Our players know that Maryville is a good team but they will also be told (when the time comes) that they have an edge in athleticism and speed and above all we have several players that can make the game breaking play on offence and special teams. That’s what you need when two great defenses do battle.

The thing about the BA being like a “chocolate chip” … it was simply my sense of humor and the use of a METAPHOR. If you don’t know what that is… look it up!! Don’t try to put words in my mouth!!! :D

Good to hear you have a sense of humor, shelley. Maybe we could see it some time.

For some therapy you might want to ask your source to come see the vikings play a game. He could advise you on the fact that THS does NOT have a great defense. What they do have is a GREAT SCHEDULE. Playing MoWest caused a real blackeye in that big time season you've had. No 50 to zip against them. I get the idea the vikings were alittle set back by such a good team as West.

Maryville might be intimidating to some teams. But they don't thrive on it. They are very business-like.  They didn't scare any team on their schedule. They haven't scared anyone they've played since I've been watching them. Other teams get up for the game against Maryville. Those teams hit Maryville hard. Its always a great place to see a game.

825421798[/snapback]

;) Morristown West is probably turning in their helmets and pads about right now. In other words THEIR SEASON IS OVER!!! It could have been by 1 point or 50 points… but the result is still the same. THE FAT LAIDY HAS SUNG…. SO LET IT GO!! Talk about needing therapy!

I figured your game out 03 and I also have the lowdown on you team… so we’ll see ya on the 26th. That’s if the REDREBELS make it out of this week!! :D

After reading this bull, starting with the title of this thread I gotta say this. TN HI has not beaten anyone the past five years.

You are right Maryville will have to play hard to get past their region 3-4A foes, this and next week. Make no mistake most of us football students and watchers know Powell and Knox Central could beat TN HI. No doubt TN HI gets past two other area teams in a cake walk. Wow you beat a MoreWest team by 9 points, real big deal there!

IF Maryville should fall it will be to Powell or Knox Central. These are good, talented, athletic teams who play top competition year end and year out. Not the cake walking teams TN HI has in their region. Who ever comes out of this bracket will soundly defeat TN HI, you can bank on that.

17 points vs. More West HA HA! Big win there. Better get ready the games start soon.

Good to hear you have a sense of humor, shelley. Maybe we could see it some time.

For some therapy you might want to ask your source to come see the vikings play a game. He could advise you on the fact that THS does NOT have a great defense. What they do have is a GREAT SCHEDULE. Playing MoWest caused a real blackeye in that big time season you've had. No 50 to zip against them. I get the idea the vikings were alittle set back by such a good team as West.

Maryville might be intimidating to some teams. But they don't thrive on it. They are very business-like.  They didn't scare any team on their schedule. They haven't scared anyone they've played since I've been watching them. Other teams get up for the game against Maryville. Those teams hit Maryville hard. Its always a great place to see a game.

825421798[/snapback]

I dont get how you all are saying its a black eye for the Vikings. If MoW is better then most teams in our conference,why did region 1 sweep region 2? It would be different if THS was the only team to win out of our conference, but all 4 teams did. Not tring to contradict you at all. I just don't understand ur reasoning in that statement. Im sure if THS says they had a off-game then they did, to what extint is unknown to me, but MoW is not close to the team THS has this year.

Edited by EastHigh

I agree, EastHigh. THS is a better team than Morristown West. That blackeye remark was in fun. After seeing all those numbers THS put up this season it was only too easy to pick on them for that MoWest score.

I realize they had a bad night but it was easy to give them a hard time 'cause West has struggled so much this year. They,THS, were really talking that game up. Some of their predictions were WAY off the actual score.

825422247[/snapback]

Totally agree with you, and you know I would love to see yall in the semi's playing my Patriots. Two games to go though, and it's goin to be tougher then you could imagine.