rocky top

BHSbruins08

maybe ... maybe not... when I was a Freshman in High School ('98-'99) I went to the Georgia Tech/Virginia game(as always) At Haltime Georgia Tech was down 38-7(or something like that), anyway My father and I stayed till the end(like we always do) and what do ya know... GT shuts out UVA in the second half, and comes back to win 41-38! Those are the games and experiences that REAL fans stick around to see... clearly something you would miss...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being from Tuscaloosa, and I will probably get ripped by people I know and don't know for saying this, but........I HATE THAT SONG!!!!!!!! LOL And before anybody says anything, yes I did see the game last week. But I am not a bandwagon fan. Have to stick with Alabama for life.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!

Edited by Fuggly63

Why doesn't one of ya'll post the lyrics for the rest of us?? That way all of us "non-believers" can see the reason UT fans love their song so much!

825403287[/snapback]

Rocky Top

by Boudleax and Felice Bryant

Wish that I was on ol' Rocky Top

Down in the Tennessee hills

Aint' no smoggy smoke on Rocky Top

Ain't no telephone bills

Once I had a girl on Rocky Top

Half bear, other half cat

Wild as a mink,

but sweet as soda pop

I still dream about that.

Rocky Top you'll always be

Home sweet home to me

Good ol' Rocky Top

Rocky Top Tennessee,

Rocky Top Tennessee

Once two strangers climbed ol' Rocky Top

Lookin' for a moonshine still

Strangers ain't come down from Rocky Top

Reckon they never will

Home sweet home to me

Good ol' Rocky Top

Rocky Top Tennessee,

Rocky Top Tennessee

Corn won't grow at all on Rocky Top

Dirt's too rocky by far

That's why all the folks on Rocky Top

Get their corn from a jar

Home sweet home to me

Good ol' Rocky Top

Rocky Top Tennessee,

Rocky Top Tennessee

I've had years of cramped-up city life

Trapped like a duck in a pen

All I know is it's a pity life

Can't be simple again

Home sweet home to me

Good ol' Rocky Top

Rocky Top Tennessee,

Rocky Top Tennessee

GO COUGARS!!! :D

ok i think the whole running through the t is a big joke to me, its not that exciting if yo uask me haha and im a pretty big ut fan...but rocky top is always best when there are a bunch of drunk college students, much like this past weekend after the bama game, and they are all screaming it at the top of their lungs and going off on all the bama fans and singing things such as it stinks to be a bama fan and the what not, those are the truly fun times that bring the best out of the song rocky top, mostly for the humor

ok i think the whole running through the t is a big joke to me, its not that exciting if yo uask me haha and im a pretty big ut fan...but rocky top is always best when there are a bunch of drunk college students, much like this past weekend after the bama game, and they are all screaming it at the top of their lungs and going off on all the bama fans and singing things such as it stinks to be a bama fan and the what not, those are the truly fun times that bring the best out of the song rocky top, mostly for the humor

825404869[/snapback]

Running through the T is not a joke, its a hughe tradition....football just doesnt mean as much without tradition... you say your a UT fan, but u hold nothing for our tradition? what since does that make? Rocky top is funny arond drunk college students, but it doesnt mean as much as hearing it screamed at the top of 100,000 fans lungs....

i know what you are saying about the tradition and all, but its just not the most exciting thing in the world as some people make it out to be, if someone has never seen it before and a ut fan builds it up to be something spectacular like they do, and then someone sees it for the first time they will be highly disappointed, thats all i was trying to say

i know what you are saying about the tradition and all, but its just not the most exciting thing in the world as some people make it out to be, if someone has never seen it before and a ut fan builds it up to be something spectacular like they do, and then someone sees it for the first time they will be highly disappointed, thats all i was trying to say

825404998[/snapback]

I dunno...I think Sports Illustrated thought it was a pretty big deal... that was one of the top 3 reasons that UT was voted "Best Place to be on College Game Day"...I believe it said it was an awe inspiring moment....I happen to agree...never fails to give me goose bumps and I'm there for every home game. I do think Rocky Top should be UT's song and no one else...it, like running through the T, is tradition...and tradition is EVERYTHING in college sports my friend.