Maryville Best Team in State!

LoyalRebFan

Everyone must be real board here. I look it like this Maryville only needs to win vs. its 4A opponents. I don't care about OR, DB, Riverdale or others. Some seem to think Maryville is afraid to step into 5A. Silly. Notice I said step into 5A because I really don't think 5A in, Tennessee, at least is much better than 4A. No disrespect meant but 5A in TN is no real big deal. If you look at the size of teams in places like Ohio, Michigan, Texas, California, PN and Florida these larger schools would tear any 5A team in Tennessee to pieces in my view. I enjoy TN football for what it is 4A or 5A. Comparing and what ifs are all a joke and a waste of internet time.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate these threads! Until Maryville has played in the Championship game this year we do not know if they are the best in their classification. Claiming them to be the best in the class above them is useless fodder. Riverdale is probably going to win 5A this year and when they do should be considered the best in the state period since they are in the top classification. Saying Maryville would beat them is sheer, useless speculation, and kind of chicken poop too since we know we will not be playing them.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but in this case with dude sayin Maryville would shut out riverdale who is averaging 50 a game is totally ludacris. This guy knows nothing about football and should think about doing something else other than predicting football scores. Not putting the rebels down they are a great football but they would never put 49 up on the Warriors and would never shut Riverdale out. What a fool.

Edited by center68

Let me give you a clue. Maryville likes playing in 4a and would probably choose to play 3a if they could. If Maryville wants to claim the mantle of best public school in the state then they would volunteer to move up to 5a, but you see, they don't, cause they like where they are.

So if you want to make the claim, urge your program to move up. People who like to talk smack about the upper classifications and not back it up with a move up are usually cowards, all talk and no action, like I believe you are. Go support your team, your 4A team, and be happy to contend for the 4A championship. Leave the other classification out of your posts, or be a man and petition your school, your coach and your administration to move up and be worthy to boast. Right now, for those with a brain, realize your claim is baseless and pitiful, because you know that your team will never have to back it up, and that, my pitiful friend, is as cowardly as it gets.

825398226[/snapback]

Dandy,

I've yet to figure out WHY White House doesn't petition to stay in 4A instead of moving down to 3A next year. I understand the split/enrollment and all that qualifies us for 3A, but I would think since we're undefeated in 4A, 4A would be best suited for a challenge. While yes it will look good to be dominant over 3A teams like Sycamore, Greenbrier, Page and the like, I prefer to watch games with a little more challenge. We are 4A material no matter what our enrollment shows. I just think becoming the "bully" of 3A will get a little old.

Edited by WHHS1975

Dandy,

I've yet to figure out WHY White House doesn't petition to stay in 4A instead of moving down to 3A.  I understand the split/enrollment and all that qualifies us for 3A, but I would think since we're undefeated in 4A, 4A would be best suited for a challenge.  While yes it will look good to be dominant over 3A teams like Sycamore, Greenbrier, Page and the like, I prefer to watch games with a little more challenge.  We are 4A material no matter what our enrollment shows.  I just think becoming the "bully" of 3A will get a little old.

825399315[/snapback]

Mighty full of yourself...you obviously don't play Austin East or Futon often.

Tennessee high fans are on some heavy medication if they think they can upset maryville.  The only team standing in the way of maryville winning state is knox central.  As far as maryville being the best team in 4A and 5A is a stretch, but all i know is that a DB-maryville game would be awesome.

825399428[/snapback]

Great post jt. I think you need to update your opinion of Central though (56-10 is no fluke). Melrose is the only one that is really gonna give Maryville a run for it.

Someone put an end to this thread quick!!! I am sick of reading about Maryville this and Maryville that. If they are so good then why aren't they scheduling real teams??? Knoxville Carter has lost 6 games, Knoxville Halls has lost 5 games, Heritage has won 1 game!, and so on and so on, the only team thats any good that they beat was Alcoa.

Let's see them play teams like Melrose, White House and Stratford, lets see what their record looks like then. Its easy to be undefeated when you play Cupcakes.