Maryville Best Team in State!

LoyalRebFan

If they are so good then why aren't they scheduling real teams??? 

Maybe because we dont want to travel all over the state when we know what the outcome will be. And did you ever think that the players traveling might actually have to go to school?? Geez, the ignorance of some people surprises me. By the way, is this thread even necessary?? I thought everyone knew Maryville was the best team in the state.

P.S.- Knox Central was being talked about as a possible state title winners and look what Maryville did to them: 56-10. DEAL WITH IT!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently, this terribly misguided Maryville fan has not been keeping up to date with the 5A games. Riverdale has not allowed a touchdown in the past seven games and probably won’t give up one this week either. Furthermore, Riverdale has been a fierce competitor in 5A for over a decade now and Maryville has been in 4A! Obviously, if Maryville were really up to the task of taking on any 5A powerhouses then they would volunteer to move up. So, what are ya’ll waiting for? Until then, I would refrain from stating the completely irrational thought that Maryville would beat Riverdale (not to mention DB or Oak Ridge).

P.S. Obviously I am a Riverdale fan. Go Warriors!!! :angry:

Maybe because we dont want to travel all over the state when we know what the outcome will be.  And did you ever think that the players traveling might actually have to go to school??  Geez, the ignorance of some people surprises me.  By the way, is this thread even necessary?? I thought everyone knew Maryville was the best team in the state. 

P.S.-  Knox Central was being talked about as a possible state title winners and look what Maryville did to them: 56-10.  DEAL WITH IT!

825399918[/snapback]

Maybe because they don't want to travel because they know that they will lose.

Guest Rebelnation
Someone put an end to this thread quick!!!  I am sick of reading about Maryville this and Maryville that.  If they are so good then why aren't they scheduling real teams???  Knoxville Carter has lost 6 games,  Knoxville Halls has lost 5 games, Heritage has won 1 game!,  and so on and so on,  the only team thats any good that they beat was Alcoa

Let's see them play teams like Melrose, White House and Stratford,  lets see what their record looks like then.  Its easy to be undefeated when you play Cupcakes.

825399804[/snapback]

Hey dipstick, Halls and Carter are in our region!! Do you know how high school football works? Do you know what region foes are? Do you know how a schedule is made and why? Also, have you ever heard of long standing county rivalries?

No one said you have to read the threads about the Rebels brain wave....we're over people like you who are over us!! thumb

Edited by Rebelnation

Guest Rebelnation
Apparently, this terribly misguided Maryville fan has not been keeping up to date with the 5A games.  Riverdale has not allowed a touchdown in the past seven games and probably won’t give up one this week either.  Furthermore, Riverdale has been a fierce competitor in 5A for over a decade now and Maryville has been in 4A!  Obviously, if Maryville were really up to the task of taking on any 5A powerhouses then they would volunteer to move up.  So, what are ya’ll waiting for?  Until then, I would refrain from stating the completely irrational thought that Maryville would beat Riverdale (not to mention DB or Oak Ridge). 

P.S. Obviously I am a Riverdale fan.  Go Warriors!!!  :ph34r:

825400286[/snapback]

Most of us Rebel fans don't feel this way mackens. I (and I know several others)have a lot of respect for your all's program. Ya'll don't get in too much of a rush for us to move up. It'll happen in due time.... thumb

Someone I respect a whole lot (other than stars n bars and rebelron obviously) is Riverdale (the poster).  He is a class act in every sense of the word.

wtn, we haven't forgotten Melrose.  We also haven't forgotten White House.  What's White House's record against Maryville anyway?  Haven't we beat them like all 3 or 4 times we've met in the playoffs?

Again, we could not handle Riverdale.  We wouldn't get blown out, but there's no way we beat Riverdale.  Now soddy, ooltewah, Oak Ridge....we could play with and probaly beat 2 out of 3 of them.  Not sure which, but I like our chances against any of the 3.

825398886[/snapback]

Gosh, you'll make me blush.

This year I would have to pick Riverdale, and if DB is truly the #1 team in the state as the rankings say, then I would obviously have to pick them over MAryville as well.

That said, I don't think many teams in 5A relish the thought of MAryville moving up. At least they would not be in our region <_<

Maryville has decided to leave the TSSAA and play as an independent next season since no one in Tennessee is a competitive match, they will travel the country putting a Blount County "whooping" on the non-believers. Here is the 2005 Schedule:

Aug 26 Murfreesboro Riverdale - will open with a warm up game

Sep 03 Charlotte, NC Independence

Sep 10 Valdosta, GA Lowndes County

Sep 17 Batesville, MS South Panola

Sep 24 River Ridge, LA John Curtis

Oct 7 Carroll, TX Southlake

Oct 14 Jenks, OK

Oct 21 Bellevue, WA

Oct 28 Concord, CA De La Salle

Nov 04 Long Beach, CA Poly Tech

Jan 04 Post Season: Will play the winner of the Rose Bowl.