Jefferson County Lady Patriots

DZbettin

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody see the game between White Co. and Jefferson Co.?

825433035[/snapback]

White County played well....I didn't think Jeff County played that well until they had a strong run at the end of the 3rd Qtr. White County battled hard, they had some difficulties with Jeff County's post players, but WC's guard play was pretty good, I thought.

How did Jeff Co stack up against Pigeon Forge last week?  I read somewhere on here where the Tigers won by 15 points.  Is that true and if so, how?

PF is a good AA team, make no mistake, but they are AA.

825433051[/snapback]

Well, keep in mind it was a scrimmage, but even in scrimmages, you can usually tell the level of competitiveness. First, our post players played well and our guards shot well that game. I think we had about eight 3-pointers. Second, I believe one of Jeff Co's players was out. I don't know her name, but I believe she is a starter and she is an excellent perimeter shooter. It could have made a difference in the game. I know PF is just AA, but they are playing with and beating some of the top AAA teams in the state. Our team has always been a young team and this year we have 3 starting seniors. We have the experience and talent to win state. :D

How did Jeff Co stack up against Pigeon Forge last week?  I read somewhere on here where the Tigers won by 15 points.  Is that true and if so, how?

PF is a good AA team, make no mistake, but they are AA.

825433051[/snapback]

It was a strange scrimmage. First of all, there was no scoreboard in the gym, so it was difficult to track the score. It seemed that JC held a lead at halftime, probably not a wide margin.

PF came out gunning in the 3rd qtr, hit several 3 pointers, and although JC got good looks at the basket, they just didn't fall. Lots of experimanting by Potts with combinations and defenses. I thought JC probably lost by about 10 or so, but again, without a scoreboard, it was hard to tell.

The scrimmage Saturday against Powell was really good. Ogen got a couple of fouls early, so in a real game, she would have been sitting early for Powell. Therefore, game might not have been as close. Good hard fought game, good play on both sides.

Yeah, our scoreboard is being changed out due to PF going with Pepsi instead of Coca Cola. We were keeping track of score, but you know it could be off a point or two. The actual score was 48 - 37 (I think) and PF won by 11 points not 15. PF led most of the first half, but in the 2nd quarter JC took the lead with free throws. It was close the entire game. JC is AAA and PF is AA so they will never compete against one another, but this just goes to show that PF is as good as JC and some of the other AAA schools. That is meant as a compliment to JC, because I think they are a great team and will go far this season. thumb

Jeff County beat Seymour by 20+ last night. Good night for Huff and Kyle, Kyle really took over the game late in the 2nd qtr. After falling behind 12-10 in the second qtr., JC went to full coart pressure, resulting in 15 unanswered points. Kyle had at least 10 points in that run, highlighted by a 30 foot 3 pointer to beat the buzzer at the half.

3rd QTR was fairly even, and then with subs everywhere, JV pulled even further away in the 4th qtr.

Scrimmage was conducted like a regular game, 8 minute qtrs, stopping on every whistle, etc. I believe JC hit the 60 point mark.

Good play underneath by Katie, Sinard and Lyke had good games, especially defensively, nice ball movement on offense after a slow start to the game. Haley Chambers came in and did all the little things she needs to do underneath in that roll; blocked out, rebounded and setting screens. The other girls off the bench didn't do anything spectacular, but they didn't do much wrong, either.

# 55 for Seymour played a heck of a game, Edwards I think is the last name.

JC at Halls Thursday, haven't heard a time yet. Don't know if JVs are playing.

Against Pigeon Forge...Lindsay Lyke (starter) was out that game due to a prior school related committment. Also, I heard that Potts used it as more of a practice, to experiment with new defenses and lineups. Nothing against the Lady Tigers, they are a good AA team, but they should not even be close to Jefferson in a real game.

Edited by RockHard

Jeff County beat Seymour by 20+ last night.  Good night for Huff and Kyle, Kyle really took over the game late in the 2nd qtr.  After falling behind 12-10 in the second qtr., JC went to full coart pressure, resulting in 15 unanswered points.  Kyle had at least 10 points in that run, highlighted by a 30 foot 3 pointer to beat the buzzer at the half.

3rd QTR was fairly even, and then with subs everywhere, JV pulled even further away in the 4th qtr.

Scrimmage was conducted like a regular game, 8 minute qtrs, stopping on every whistle, etc.  I believe JC hit the 60 point mark.

Good play underneath by Katie, Sinard and Lyke had good games, especially defensively, nice ball movement on offense after a slow start to the game.  Haley Chambers came in and did all the little things she needs to do underneath in that roll; blocked out, rebounded and setting screens.  The other girls off the bench didn't do anything spectacular, but they didn't do much wrong, either.

# 55 for Seymour played a heck of a game, Edwards I think is the last name.

JC at Halls Thursday, haven't heard a time yet.  Don't know if JVs are playing.

825436633[/snapback]

Good to hear that the Lady Patriots are up, running and ready for the season. Has Katie Rickered been playing more aggresive on offense? I`ll try to make it to the next home scrimmage.