jeff co and bearden

bigeastfbguru

wow, so you were on those horrendous jeff co teams of 1998-99.  they were awful.  what a bunch of losers.  they had no talent, besides upton, and i bet none of them ever played football in college,nor had the ability to do so.  by the way, did you play a skill position or at least start.  im sure anyone could play for that team.  im gonna go with bearden in this won, thats right.

825405353[/snapback]

Actually Bigeast, I didnt play on that team at all. But if I remember, they did make it to the playoffs, which is more then some teams can say. My senior year was the year after we went to state (97-98). Yes I played a skill position and started. I feel worse for even answering your questions. Wasnt worth the energy it took to type it. I'll be waiting for your next negative comment....i'm sure its full of wisdom.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

825404834[/snapback]

HE PLAYED AT CNC FROM 1975 TO 1979-DID HIS GRAD WORK AND COACHED AT CNC 1980 TO 1985. HE MARRIED SHERRY FANCHER FROM NEWPORT TN THE FIRST TIME (SHE PLAYED BASKETBALL FOR UT FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS AND TRANSFERED TO CNC) HIS SECOND MARRIAGE IS TO TRACY WINSTEAD, HER OLDER BROTHER PLAYED CENTER FOR JC 76 & 77 HE GOT A SCHOLARSHIP TO PLAY CENTER FOR CLEMSON IN 1977. THE YOUNGER BROTHER PLAYED AT JC 79 & 80 THEN TRANSFERED TO CHEROKEE WHEN HIS DAD GOT THE HEAD COACHING JOB THERE. PAUL LEFT BEARDEN FOR ONE YEAR AND WENT TO BE AN ASST. COACH AT CUMBERLAND COLLEGE WITH CHUCK KING. WHEN THE HEAD JOB OPENED UP A FEW YEARS AGO HE CAME BACK TO TAKE THE JOB.

HE PLAYED AT CNC FROM 1975 TO 1979-DID HIS GRAD WORK AND COACHED AT CNC 1980 TO 1985. HE MARRIED SHERRY FANCHER FROM NEWPORT TN THE FIRST TIME (SHE PLAYED BASKETBALL FOR UT FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS AND TRANSFERED TO CNC) HIS SECOND MARRIAGE IS TO TRACY WINSTEAD, HER OLDER BROTHER PLAYED CENTER FOR JC 76 & 77 HE GOT A SCHOLARSHIP TO PLAY CENTER FOR CLEMSON IN 1977. THE YOUNGER BROTHER PLAYED AT JC 79 & 80 THEN TRANSFERED TO CHEROKEE WHEN HIS DAD GOT THE HEAD COACHING JOB THERE. PAUL LEFT BEARDEN FOR ONE YEAR AND WENT TO BE AN ASST. COACH AT CUMBERLAND COLLEGE WITH CHUCK KING. WHEN THE HEAD JOB OPENED UP A FEW YEARS AGO HE CAME BACK TO TAKE THE JOB.

825406369[/snapback]

Wish he had stayed at Cumberland with King, or even came back to Bearden as an D-coordinator. He's a much better asst than head coach.

Organization and disipline is not his good points.

Wish he had stayed at Cumberland with King, or even came back to Bearden as an D-coordinator.  He's a much better asst than head coach.

Organization and disipline is not his good points.

825406417[/snapback]

My quess is that Bearden is in a rebuilding mode, and as I have stated before there are some of the kids that should be going to Bearden have been transfering to Maryville. Paul has been on the college level for some of his coaching career so I would quess that when it come to disipline, he would be very good on the field but not so good of the field. In college you can't baby sit kids.

His organization skills were good on the college level but I have not been around him in years. from what I understand his coaching staff is not the best in the world, he is kinda stuck with what he has.

Game went pretty much how I expected with the Patriots winning 35-7. Chris Shiverdecker as he has all season went well over the 100yd mark and scored 3 TD's(He also had 2 TD's called back). Shane Acuff had a monstar game, intercepting 3 passes taking one back for a TD which gave the Patriots a 7-0 lead, Shane also played well at WR. The starting defense once again pitched a shutout (Bearden scored late in the game on Jeff Co's 2nd team) Justin Blair lead the Jefferson Co defense with a great game on that side of the ball.Thats the good news, the bad news is that Jefferson Co won`t be making the playoffs this year :rolleyes: Both Campbell Co and Sevier Co won which made the win basically useless. The patriots can take pride in the fact that they finish with a winning record, don`t know how much that means to them but at least its something.

BTW I must say that Bearden is one of the most classless teams I have seen, their players were taunting Jefferson Co players all night. Even when the score was 35-0 they were still talking smack. I must say that I was not impressed with they way they handled things after the play was over.

My quess is that Bearden is in a rebuilding mode, and as I have stated before there are some of the kids that should be going to Bearden have been transfering to Maryville. Paul has been on the college level for some of his coaching career so I would quess that when it come to disipline, he would be very good on the field but not so good of the field. In college you can't baby sit kids.

His organization skills were good on the college level but I have not been around him in years. from what I understand his coaching staff is not the best in the world, he is kinda stuck with what he has.

825406538[/snapback]

I maybe wrong but bearden to me has been only a so so team and have been rebuilding for the past 20 years . I wouldnt put up with kids throwing helmets and fight on the sidelines and back talking other coaches. What you do is run them and run them and run them some more if that dont work take up there equipment.

Game went pretty much how I expected with the Patriots winning 35-7. Chris Shiverdecker as he has all season went well over the 100yd mark and scored 3 TD's(He also had 2 TD's called back). Shane Acuff had a monstar game, intercepting 3 passes taking one back for a TD which gave the Patriots a 7-0 lead, Shane also played well at WR. The starting defense once again pitched a shutout (Bearden scored late in the game on Jeff Co's 2nd team) Justin Blair lead the Jefferson Co defense with a great game on that side of the ball.Thats the good news, the bad news is that Jefferson Co won`t be making the playoffs this year :lol: Both Campbell Co and Sevier Co won which made the win basically useless. The patriots can take pride in the fact that they finish with a winning record, don`t know how much that means to them but at least its something.

BTW I must say that Bearden is one of the most classless teams I have seen, their players were taunting Jefferson Co players all night. Even when the score was 35-0 they were still talking smack. I must say that I was not impressed with they way they handled things after the play was over.

825407162[/snapback]

As a bulldog parent iam embarassed how our team acted

Guest Oakland
Game went pretty much how I expected with the Patriots winning 35-7. Chris Shiverdecker as he has all season went well over the 100yd mark and scored 3 TD's(He also had 2 TD's called back). Shane Acuff had a monstar game, intercepting 3 passes taking one back for a TD which gave the Patriots a 7-0 lead, Shane also played well at WR. The starting defense once again pitched a shutout (Bearden scored late in the game on Jeff Co's 2nd team) Justin Blair lead the Jefferson Co defense with a great game on that side of the ball.Thats the good news, the bad news is that Jefferson Co won`t be making the playoffs this year :lol: Both Campbell Co and Sevier Co won which made the win basically useless. The patriots can take pride in the fact that they finish with a winning record, don`t know how much that means to them but at least its something.

825407162[/snapback]

while not making the playoffs is disappointing, 6-4 isnt that bad, you guys did better than your patriot counterparts in the boro at least. good luck to jeff county in the offseason, that is where your championships are won

I'd like to thank the Bearden community for treating me and my broadcast partner so well this fall. Though the season didn't happen like everyone wanted, I was continually impressed by the kindness and patience of the Bulldog faithful. Everyone from the security guard to the athletic director treated us better than we deserved...and the press box food was phenomenal!

Thanks, Bearden. Hopefully we'll do it again next year.