Smith County Region 4-3A Champions !

imallin

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what I saw tonight and I know that Smith Co. deserved the victory. Portland got nothing stolen from them except maybe their reality. Smith Co. got the shaft on a call that in my opinion would have decided the game 5 minutes earlier than it was decided. If you can't beat SC with all the opportunities you had tonight made by SC mistakes, then I like our chances if we were to play again. We played the entire 1st quarter in our territory caused mostly by our gaffs. Still you couldn't score. You had the ball in excellent position due to a muffed punt. Still you couldn't score. 1st and goal from the 8 with 3 minutes to play and still couln't get a whiff. Refs control that too ? Anything can happen and last year at your place was just as bad with phantom holding calls and such. Love that home field advantage. Our defense rocked your world. BELIEVE THAT !

Hey man....say the refs handed the game to the OWLS....how's tonight any different from last year Week 10 at Portland....SC's back crosses the goalline to seal the deal and then the line judge throws a holding call to the 10 yard line where there was not an OWL in that area!!!! In that game the refs took a TD away from us. Your team had the ball 1st and goal with 4 minutes left....Your team couldn't come up with a TD catch....Your team couldn't come up with an interception that would've been a TD b/c I know that kid has crazy wheels....Your team had 5 penalties on 3rd or 4th and short.....booo hooo.....that's football!!

The refs didn't make your team drop passes or interceptions....the refs didn't make your team false start or have illegal motion....the refs didn't take a TD off the board on a wierd call....and the refs didn't stop you from scoring from 1st and goal.....That was SC's "AVERAGE" D!!!!! Best of luck in Round 1 !!!!

Flags get waved off all the time.  The referee has the say in any penalty.  You are showing your ignorance with such a statement.  Come on back in two weeks.  We'll see how it goes.  B)  We made a lot of mistakes tonight.  We won't make them next time.

825407558[/snapback]

I was just making an opinion statement... guess I'm not allowed to do that.... I just think waving off a flag anytime is stupid... you either saw it or you didn't... whether the team you are trying your darndest to help win just got the first down or not.... we made mistakes too... i think we fumbled about four times.... we won't make our mistakes next time either... now I'm going to stop posting on this thread before I say things I regret... it's time for P-town to step up to the challenge of Grundy Co.... Hold your heads high P-town... it was a hard fought game played with a lot of heart... Now... let's stop talking about it and just prove in these next three weeks that we are the best team in this region.... regional championship doesn't mean crap in the playooffs... let's show 'em what we are made of...

by the way.... i think it would be interesting to find out how many yards ptown lost and how many sc gained by the crappy placement of the ball tonight... man that guy was way to obvious.. he may as well have been wearing a SC shirt, with a painted face, holding a gold and black pom- pom

now i am finished ... on to Grundy Co.

You may be finished, but last words like that I find pretty funny. Ball carriers don't get the ball spotted where they bounced to. Our radio guy on the sideline said the spot you were refering to was right on and was 3 inches short b4 they ever even brought out the chains. He has 98% success rate in calling them from the sideline. Cry and whine all you want and think you are the best team in this region all you want. Does you a lot of good now. GO OWLS.

talk about a defensive battle. one of the best games i've seen our defense play. all the big hits, all the emotion, everything u could ask for was there. these boys worked so hard this year and it has paid off. everyone stepped up and ya'll did it. congrats owls and coaches. now go to the second season and play like champions.

825407478[/snapback]

I have been hearing all this talk from Portland and Smith County alum. Portland talking about the officiating and how they got screwed. Smith County saying that the officiating was fine and that they just played an awesome game.

Well I went to this game with two of my friends because we wanted to watch what seemed to be a great matchup so here is the consensus of 3 outsider's opinions.

1. The officiating did stink. Yeah Smith County might have had penalties on them but the ones on Portland were real iffy and at decisive times.

2. It was a ugly game. My friends and I agreed that neither team deserved to win. I felt like neither team could overcome penalties, mistakes and turnovers rather than great defensive effort. But hey somebody has gotta take the ugly girl to the prom right? I have to be honest that with the way Smith County has played in the games I have seen they will not beat Trousdale or Livingston in the playoffs. I honestly don't think they are better than Portland.

3. Michael Wilmore is not the same player. You can tell that the concussion has screwed him up. He isn't running the same way. He looks hesitant to hit the defenders and is running upright. If this has any relevance to it then Smith County is in trouble.

There's no need to take anything away from both teams player's effort in this game. I spoke with the Hartley kid after the game and told him he played great because he did....All of the players played lights out football all night long!! The only bad thing about those kind of games is one team has to lose!! The good thing is SMITH COUNTY is your REGION CHAMPIONS

If it makes you P-town people feel better.....blame it on the refs!!!! Hopefully both these teams can win in Round 1 so we can get back to some good olefashioned lights out football!!! How bout Round 2.....Leave your punches and kicks in Sumner County and just come to play FOOTBALL!!!!

#1fballfan.....will you please change your name to #3fballfan....you're a joke

I was just making an opinion statement... guess I'm not allowed to do that.... I just think waving off a flag anytime is stupid... you either saw it or you didn't... whether the team you are trying your darndest to help win just got the first down or not.... we made mistakes too... i think we fumbled about four times.... we won't make our mistakes next time either... now I'm going to stop posting on this thread before I say things I regret... it's time for P-town to step up to the challenge of Grundy Co.... Hold your heads high P-town... it was a hard fought game played with a lot of heart...  Now... let's stop talking about it and just prove in these next three weeks that we are the best team in this region.... regional championship doesn't mean crap in the playooffs... let's show 'em what we are made of...

by the way.... i think it would be interesting to find out how many yards ptown lost and how many sc gained by the crappy placement of the ball tonight... man that guy was way to obvious.. he may as well have been wearing a SC shirt, with a painted face, holding a  gold and  black pom- pom

now i am finished ... on to Grundy Co.

825407608[/snapback]

I hope you are finished. I don't understand how you can say the things you have said. I was at that game and was at all the other SC and P-Town games in years past. Why would you try and take something away from all the great teams in this region by blaming the loss on the refs, if sc got home cooking believe me it would be the first time ever. We don't get calls in any sport! Like I said earlier, don't shame this great region with stuff like that. P-Town had opportunities and missed, if they had completed their attempts and the score was say 21 to 6 how would you feel. I bet differently. No one likes to lose, heck I am also a sore loser any body who likes to lose is not a true sports freak, but I still believe in giving credit where credit due and this time it goes to SC and the big D they laid down tonight. The last call didn't make this game it was a game all 4 quarters.