Webb At JP2

timbdp

Kevin Campbell is # 6, he was hurt for like 3 or 4 weeks, but when he was getting the majority of the carries that Dean Smith was getting for a while. He had a couple of big runs against Catholic. He's pretty solid. They have missed him some during their losing streak, but they didn't lose much with Dean getting more carries. He also caught a TD pass vs. Alcoa....And Kellen, the comment was a joke, being a fan is not something to be cocky about, and trust me I am a fan of the sport and not just Webb.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to say that JP2 has only two threats could be the worst thing that the Webb supporters could think. Yes Golden is a great threat, but let's remember about ChucK Wooseley who is supposed to return this week ,and by the way he had a great game in the first contest between the two teams. Brian Sneed is becoming a good threat at running the ball and he is a great defensive player. Courtney Coffey is amazing in his shear size and strength and can run the ball and block for Woosley and Tate. These are just a few examples. Webb guys if you recall, these are the same dicussions held earlier this year and JP2 out played you emmensly, ALOT more than the score showed, JP2 gave you three touchdowns on "interesting plays" and you could only convert twice. The game was dominated by JP2 and Webb looked pathetic especially in that thing they called a passing game (1-8 1INT 0TD 5YRDS). Webb was one dimensional the entire game and just got out played by a better opponent. Webb is being simply ignorant to come into the game seeing JP2 as a two player team, please Webb use your heads so this game is closer than the last one, Jp2 walked over you last time and you must realize that, you appeared one dimensional and JP2's corners will eat you 1/4backs passes up again just look at the previous games stats, In my opinion Webb's only hope is to find some kind of a passing game early and then establish the run because face it, JP2 won last time because Webb was ineffective running the ball for the most part and Webb had as many completions as interceptions.

JP2 35

Webb 14

No change Webb is on a bad streak and JP2 is on a 4 game winning streak

I don't have a dog in this fight, but Webb will win. I respect you guys a lot more after the Catholic game. Dolinak ain't worth a dime, if you had Fleming, you guys would win by three touchdowns. Also, if Tate played at Catholic he would be GOD with a football in his hands. The line for Catholic would open up so many possibilities for this guy to score every time he touched the ball it would be sick. I for one am glad he plays for JPII, though, you guys would have a pretty vanilla offense without him. With that being said, Webb by 13!

In my opinion Webb's only hope is to find some kind of a passing game early and then establish the run because face it, JP2 won last time because Webb was ineffective running the ball for the most part and Webb had as many completions as interceptions.

JP2 35

Webb 14

Shows how much you know. Webb straight up dominated and had nearly 400 yards rushing. Not ineffective anymore

to say that JP2 has only two threats could be the worst thing that the Webb supporters could think.  Yes Golden is a great threat, but let's remember about ChucK Wooseley who is supposed to return this week ,and by the way he had a great game in the first contest between the two teams.  Brian Sneed is becoming a good threat at running the ball and he is a great defensive player.  Courtney Coffey is amazing in his shear size and strength and can run the ball and block for Woosley and Tate.  These are just a few examples.  Webb guys if you recall, these are the same dicussions held earlier this year and JP2 out played you emmensly, ALOT more than the score showed, JP2 gave you three touchdowns on "interesting plays" and you could only convert twice.  The game was dominated by JP2 and Webb looked pathetic especially in that thing they called a passing game (1-8 1INT 0TD 5YRDS).  Webb was one dimensional the entire game and just got out played by a better opponent.  Webb is being simply ignorant to come into the game seeing JP2 as a two player team, please Webb use your heads so this game is closer than the last one, Jp2 walked over you last time and you must realize that, you appeared one dimensional and JP2's corners will eat you 1/4backs passes up again just look at the previous games stats, In my opinion Webb's only hope is to find some kind of a passing game early and then establish the run because face it, JP2 won last time because Webb was ineffective running the ball for the most part and Webb had as many completions as interceptions.

JP2 35

Webb 14

825417374[/snapback]

Tell that Pope John Paul has more than one threat. Please...because he was basically the only threat last night. Number 16 had some good plays, but the rest of the time it was Golden Tate. The only time JP2 really moved the ball was when Tate would get the ball either in the air or on the ground. Congradulations to Tom Dolinak. He came out last night and proved all the doubters wrong...including me. He was 3-5 or something like that on the night. If Webb needed to throw last night, Dolinak would have been up for it. He threw a perfect ball to Huddleston on a hitch and go. Kevin Campbell set the tone with the running game with that 50 something yard run. He played a heck of game and had 160 something on the ground with 2 TD's. ryan Walker put up the same type of numbers, like he normally does. Both Evan and Dean Smith threw in TD runs. It was an all around Webb dominated game. Even on defense, with the exception of the last possession of the first half, Webb dominated. Tyler Clendenen playued well on D and got to picks. And on a key 4th down, Blake Beeler knocks the ball out of the receivers hands to all but seal it. Webb showed what kind of team they could be last night against JP2. When they are playing like they did last nigh, it is going to be tough for them to lose. Congrats Spartans, and lets keep it going next week.

Congrats to Webb, U out played us. We battled for 3 and half quarters then the wheels came off. Webb is a solid football team. Good luck

As for JP2, this loss hurts because we have such high goals. Anything other than a state championship is going to hurt. We will remember this and we will build off it. Golden is a playmaker. We are fortunate to have such a talent. However, he is not alone. Can't wait for the class of `06,`07,`08 etc. The future is bright at JP2.

What are we doing? "LOOKING UP"

As usual I always have something to say! LOL

First of all Father Ryan Wrestling, I am sure that JP2 players will say that they did not give up. You can attribute alot of what happened in the fourth quarter to immaturity. I would say that Ryan has given up on a couple of occasions this season when they couldn't score in a contest and I would be wrong because I don't think any team ever gives up; sometimes it just becomes apparent that FATE has other plans and no matter what a team does to come back it is just not meant to be. And yes Golden is a tremendous player but I truly think that the whole team gave their best effort. I am sure Golden would agree that he could not do anything on the field without his 10 teamates. Really FRW if you cannot provide a well thought out and appropriate post then don't post. And don't be as disappointed in our playoff loss as you should be in your 5-25 record over the last 3 seasons or 10-30 regular season record over the last 4 years.

We played well to get to a 21-21 tie even with all the mistakes we made to that point. One player was out of position on Walker's long run to the end zone (Jeff Fisher says that football is more a game of inches than yards- I think he's probably right). Our young guys thought it was a desperation thing for the team. More mistakes were made and by the time we really got the ball back we were down 3 TDs. The guys were deflated. Webb's kicker was tremendous! He placed those kickoffs right where they needed to be. We have so many freshmen and sophomores that start or at least play alot but you could still see their youth. Once burned, lesson learned- we shouldn't make the same mistakes next year- or at least as many of them. I think we were not as "up" for this contest as we were for the first one. Again immaturity played a part in that. We were so up for last week's game against Glencliff and played great, came back and won. Was it too much false confidence or maybe we were just worn from having played well in October against some pretty formidable opponents in Webb and Glencliff? We did not play particularly well against St Benedict because of the same lacksadaisical attitude.

We have a great senior class that have been leaders for our team for 3 years- that has been a tremendous responsibility; the class has come through with flying colors. Thank you to JL Barton, Kyle Bagwell, Chuck Woosley, Mike Isaacson, and the rest of the senior Knights on a great season and good luck in the future.

Edited by jp2fan