Morristown West @ Tennessee High

Mike the Vike

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You bunch of cocky THS fans!!! Especially you BigVikedaddy!!! You keep going off of scores that happen early in the year. I hope Mo-west opens a can on you guys. Yes im a maryville fan and im fully aware they beat us last year in the semi finals, but hey we beat them in regular season. WOW things do change in the playoffs. I'm tired of hearing about your 10-0 record!!! WHO HAVE YOU PLAYED??? Let me give ya some advice from a real champion program thats been there: TAKE ONE GAME AT A TIME and MARYVILLE HAS ONLY LOST TWO GAMES IN FOUR YEARS!!! Those two loses came to mo-west too. So don't count your chickens before they hatch. When you play somebody thats proven as good as maryville or mo-west or central, then talk some crap. GO REBS!!!

You bunch of cocky THS fans!!! Especially you BigVikedaddy!!! You keep going off of scores that happen early in the year.  I hope Mo-west opens a can on you guys. Yes im a maryville fan and im fully aware they beat us last year in the semi finals, but hey we beat them in regular season. WOW things do change in the playoffs.  I'm tired of hearing about your 10-0 record!!! WHO HAVE YOU PLAYED??? Let me give ya some advice from a real champion program thats been there: TAKE ONE GAME AT A TIME and MARYVILLE HAS ONLY LOST TWO GAMES IN FOUR YEARS!!! Those two loses came to mo-west too.  So don't count your chickens before they hatch.  When you play somebody thats proven as good as maryville or mo-west or central, then talk some crap.  GO REBS!!!

825410259[/snapback]

LOL! Well, I'm not Tennesse High School fan, but I have seen a great deal of games this year in East Tennesse. All I can say is that I can't imagine anyone in Region 1 or 2 beating Tennessee High this year. So, if the Rebels can hold up their end, I think you'll get your game, MHSfootball. I promise you this year's THS team is special, so I hope they play Maryville; a team with a great tradition and feared by many.

Like I said I think TN High puts away a under achieving Morr West. But make no mistake if TN High over looks those Trojans who have been to the big game and have beaten the only true power in 4A the past 6 years twice, I would not over look them. Coach Woods and staff know how to get ready for the play-offs and what it takes to advance. TN High has NEVER Been to the big game and if they want to get there they will treat all teams in the play-offs with respect. It matters little what a teams's record is except for where you get to play during the play-offs.

Like I said I think TN High puts away a under achieving Morr West.  But make no mistake if TN High over looks those Trojans who have been to the big game and have beaten the only true power in 4A the past 6 years twice, I would not over look them.  Coach Woods and staff know how to get ready for the play-offs and what it takes to advance.  TN High has NEVER Been to the big game and if they want to get there they will treat all teams in the play-offs with respect.  It matters little what a teams's record is except for where you get to play during the play-offs.

825410385[/snapback]

I wouldnt say tennessee high has NEVER been to the big game because they have, just not recently.

Tennessee High will win this one by however many they want.

Playoffs is a whole different scenario. MoWest has good experience in the playoffs, and i think this game will be closer than expected. People keep talking about who beat who in the regular season and how west lost to cherokee and how TN high is 3 times better than cherokee...You cant go on games in the past, b/c hey look at the college football season when UT beat UGA...UGA stomps LSU, Auburn barely beats LSU, Auburn spanks UT,and UT beats UGA...So see, dont go by which teams have beat who int he reg. season...Don't think im bashing THS, theyre a good team and they most def. deserve to be where they are, congratulations THS on a great season, and i hope for a good game fri. night.

GO TROJANS

W

the president

Where is this game being played? I'm seriously thinking about skipping the MHS/Rhea Co. game to go see this one. At least then I'd be able to make educated statements about the THS program instead of just relying on stats and gut instinct.

I think that Motown is better than their record shows. I also don't think they are really as bad as MHS made them look. MHS was up BIG for that game, but that's the only time I've seen the Trojans this year.

I'd also really like to see what all this talk about THS is about. If they are as good as everyone says, then it would definitely be worth the drive.

So, where's the game? The swamps of Motown or in the Big Castle in Bristol?

I wouldnt say tennessee high has NEVER been to the big game because they have, just not recently.

Tennessee High will win this one by however many they want.

825410483[/snapback]

Disagree I would easily say TN High has never been to a big game. Back to Back 3A State Championship's in the 1970's under a different play-off system does not even equate! The only remnants of this is a bunch of older over weight balding guys like me coaching from the stands or maybe on the sidelines and tarnished trophy in a old case! A great accomplishment for sure but recent play-off experience is a bigger factor. The kids know what it takes and the coaches have experience of how to prepare for those they have never faced. Coach Stubbs has brought new life to the program and is doing a great job making it to the play-offs 5 years in a row, but getting to the big game from the east is tough endeavor indeed and Morristown West has been very close to winning it all the past 4 years. I think TN high will win the game but I wouldn’t be real surprised if they are challenged like never during this season. Good luck.

While you hear about "Playoff experience" and "Throw out the records come playoffs" it's hard to get over MoWest last game a sound beating from Cherokee 24-0. I don't think that's the way the Trojans wanted to head into the 1st round. Playoff experience is helpful but when your 4-6 against a very strong 10-0 I don't think it comes into play. That "experience" should have helped in the regular season not a flick of the switch in week 11.

Playing at the Castle and a bad taste in the mouth from last years crushing defeat provides all the momentum the Vikes need. Vikings win big in this one!