Portland (8-3) @ Smith Co. (10-1)

JamieSkeen

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No refs to blame this time. Owls took care of business for the third year is a row. But, as usual Portland fans showed what a classless bunch they are. Glad they are moving up next year. Maybe they can play with the 4A teams, because the 1A, 2A and 3A teams in this region kicked their butts.

Oh, in case nobody noticed, one of the refs showed up at the game with portland sweatshirt on. NOW BLAME IT ON THE REFS!!!!!!!!!!

It had to be the refs.  :blink: How could our small but slow guys possibly beat the Kitties again?  Is that 3 years in a row...that we have sent the Kitties packing?  How can this be?

I saw one Portland coach shake hands with Wilmore.  The others didn't look too happy.  They've got to be the poorest sports we have played.  It feels good to send them home again after all the crap they pulled two weeks ago. 

It was a headknocker.  Portland's qb played a very good game.  SC's defense stepped up again to keep the Panthers out of the end zone until 2:07 to go.  Portland converted two long 4th down plays on the drive (scored on 4th and 9).  Potland was held scoreless for almost 94 straight minutes against our defense.

Portland couldn't hit the big play that has carried them all season. 

Billy Plummer really stepped up to make a great catch with a minute to go giving SC the 12-7 lead.  The defense held off Potland again at the end.  What a job by the defense. 

All I've got to say to Potland is Potland Whooosa Daddy?   Good luck in 4a.

825430099[/snapback]

I used to have respect for you antwan... but you have just lost it all... not that it means anything to you, but I think if you knew who I was, you would probably feel pretty stupid for some of your comments. Anyway, I will say Congrats to Smith County... I still have absolutely no respect for the entire program but I will be the bigger man here and say congratulations. Should be a great game next week between Smith and LA.

Panthers... great job tonight... way to play with heart and with class... you fought until the very end... my hat is off to each of you... by the way... you should have had one more play (but I won't go there). Now on to bigger and better things... 4A!