Rebels/Panthers II

Rebel Nation

billmorgan

Why should Maryville be scared of 5A? There are only 4 5A schools that would have a chance of beating Maryville in East Tennessee. Oak Ridge,Dobyns Bennett,Soddy Daisy and Ooltawah.Those teams could beat Maryville but Maryville could beat them also. Maryville would beat all the other 5A schools in East Tennessee. Maryville will be in 5A one day and you can quit your crying.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand...how do you keep your enrollment numbers down AND accept tuition students at the same time?! Its just not possible! You see, we have to accept every kid inside of our city limits, then if our school feels that we have the space we can accept tuition students. Now what you don't realize is that most of these tuition students were accepted BEFORE KINDERGARTEN!!! Thats right, GQ went out 10 years ago and hand selected the male students from Heritage and William Blount, these students he MADE pay 1800 dollars a semester in order to go to the Maryville City School system, now 10 years later these players are on our freshmen team! If you believe that...then you need to go ahead and check yourself into a mental hospital.

Maryville[/url'>Rebels' date='Nov 9 2004 - 05:45 PM']I don't understand...how do you keep your enrollment numbers down AND accept tuition students at the same time?!  Its just not possible!  You see, we have to accept every kid inside of our city limits, then if our school feels that we have the space we can accept tuition students.  Now what you don't realize is that most of these tuition students were accepted BEFORE KINDERGARTEN!!!  Thats right, GQ went out 10 years ago and hand selected the male students from Heritage and William Blount, these students he MADE pay 1800 dollars a semester in order to go to the Maryville City School system, now 10 years later these players are on our freshmen team!  If you believe that...then you need to go ahead and check yourself into a mental hospital.

That was an awesome post. If they still had good marks I would give you one on that post.

i'm a Powell fan and i am sick of the talk about recruiting. if you do, you do. if you don't you don't.

if you do then it is a bonus on winning the game.

Play the game and not worry about who is from where, it doesn't matter.

Powell needs to go out and hit Maryville right in the mouth and let them know it will be different this game. if Maryville gets comfortable bye bye Panthers.

Good luck to both teams Friday.

This thread has gotten out of hand. I read every post and can't believe how little football talk there was. Powell will show up. Maryville will show up. The game will kick off somewhere around 7. Other than that, time will tell. But this I can say , if Maryville just shows up and hasn't taaken Powell serious, they will get beat. In a small way Maryville is like the NY Yankees. Everyone either loves them or hates them, but the oppsoing team has 1 thing in mind. WE WANT TO WIN. How the team shows up depends on how well GQ has done his job. This Rebel fans trusts and believes his team will be ready. Maryville by 3 TD's.

Thanks 3ball, and yes the recruiting thing is waaay outta hand. True or not, our opponents need to be less concerned with what they can't control and more concerned with what they can control...like you seem to do. thumb

Rebelknight, welcome to the day to day world or CoachT. You gotta be here every day to know it's always like this....thanks for bringing some Football talk :(

Edited by dmoyers1

i guess the powell fans don't want to talk about recruiting, not only did you get the 2 you got, powell also went after our q.b and tailback. if we still had the kids you did take from central, maryville would have their hands full. i heard a great man once say to a group of eighth graders " we can not split up and go to different schools ,because we will not win against the county schools" i.e maryville, oak ridge.

please powell win this game!

Edited by JohnPaul

While I admit that Maryville is much like the Yankees, I also must say that P.O.W.ell (some playing there against their will) will play the role of the "spank"ees.

Gotta go with the Red Rebs on this one. Although Maryville will tease them for a half.

1st half : Powell 17 Maryville 10

Final score: Powell 24 Maryville 52

:D:D;)

i guess the powell fans don't want to talk about recruiting, not only did you get the 2 you got, powell also went after our q.b and tailback. if we still had the kids you did take from central, maryville would have their hands full. i heard a great man once say to a group of eighth graders " we can not split up and go to different schools ,because we will not win against the county schools" i.e maryville, oak ridge.

825426225[/snapback]

You don't have a clue, John Paul. Nobody "went after" either of the players you mentioned.

Powell is a closed zone. The only way you can enroll is to move into the zone. That's excactly what the two who enrolled at Powell did.

This thread has gotten out of hand. I read every post and can't believe how little football talk there was. Powell will show up. Maryville will show up. The game will kick off somewhere around 7. Other than that, time will tell. But this I can say , if Maryville just shows up and hasn't taaken Powell serious, they will get beat. In a small way Maryville is like the NY Yankees. Everyone either loves them or hates them, but the oppsoing team has 1 thing in mind. WE WANT TO WIN. How the team shows up depends on how well GQ has done his job. This Rebel fans trusts and believes his team will be ready. Maryville by 3 TD's.

825425712[/snapback]

I'm a powell fan through and through, but I have been to many maryville games over the past 5 years and enjoy them thoroughly. :D Am I allowed to say that?

825426225[/snapback]

Hey JP,

Must I remind you, 56-10!

Those two guys couldn't make up that kind of slack, heck, they didn't do it for Powell.

You live in a dream world.

If, if, if.

Just admit you got spanked!