Cookeville vs. Lebanon

Fuggly63

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not old! Yeah I played '85,'86 & '87 seasons. Two under the immortal Ken Honea :lol: ,the last one under Larry Davis after the parents ran Ken off after two straight bowl winning seasons. :P

825427506[/snapback]

Problem was, Honea couldn't stay off the sauce. Remember him coaching with the cigar sticking out of his face?

Oh Yeah! Everybody knew what was in that thermos! He'd get to coughing so bad sometimes he'd have to use that famous line "Shoot,take over Jake". :P

825427514[/snapback]

Where did Libbey end up going? Haven't heard anything about him in a while. Of course, I'm in VA now, but I still try to keep up with things at home.

Where did Libbey end up going?  Haven't heard anything about him in a while.  Of course, I'm in VA now, but I still try to keep up with things at home.

825427515[/snapback]

I THINK he is teaching @ Upperman. I know he was a year or two ago. Helping coach too. '88 classmate/teammate of mine-Jerry Boyd- is principal there now if you didn't know that.

Edited by THE SQUAD

if they are going to win by 20 then they need to score around 60 points based on the last 7 games for lebanon. cookeville's D brings a better game than they did against WC because if not it will be a long night.

825426864[/snapback]

This may be one thing I can agree with you on (Don't turn on me cookeville fans, alumni, and players because I am not turning on you by no means). Cookeville did look sloppy last week against WC, I will give you that. I don't think that Coach J wanted to give Lebanon to many looks, and that was PART of the problem. Another part of it was all the boys could think about was getting to play Lebanon again. Now, I need to clarify some stuff and I need your help (go figure).

First off, what the heck is little......I MEAN bigballer talking about when he posted that reply on page 11 or twelve. He talks about sons, his sons, my sons, so many sons that I couldn't keep up with what he was saying. I don't even have a son.....don't want one at the moment.

Secondly, he said I don't know much about Lebanon's program, granted, I don't. I do know that beyond the trash talk that goes out on these boards by myself and other cookeville fans, I have a lot of respect for their program. They don't play dirty, don't take cheap shots, and you are very similar to our own program here in cookeville. That is why this is going to be such an emotional game.....for BOTH teams.

Third, he claimed that Lebanon came and kicked our butt in week three.....no. Even Lebanon fans know it wasn't a butt kicking but rather a very hard faught football game. In that game, Cookeville had 15 first downs and Lebanon 14, Cookeville had 179 yards rushing to Lebanon's 143, Cookeville had 112 yards passing Lebanon had 118. It's going to be another game just like that one was.

Now, here is where I am confused. little.......I MEAN bigballer thinks he is some hot shot know it all about both programs when he is obviously not. Anybody in the world would tell you that the previous game was BY FAR a butt kicking....which further proves my point that he is confused. Either that or taking too much of grandpa's old cough medacine. But, I guess he can continue to childishly bash me all he wants, if it makes him feel better. My name is Adam VanDeven, class of 2003. I played for cookeville for four years and have nothing to hide. So now he can't say I hide behind my screen name.