Randy Sanders

Gerry Bertier

I think you are all over it Muffin. The advantage goes to Texas because of our D secondary. Look for the defense to be the majority of our problems tomorrow. The offense should score 16 to 24 points but Texas has the potential to stack it up. If Tennessee wins, I will be surprised. I'll be pulling for them, but I WILL STILL BE SURPRISED! :)

825503025[/snapback]

That defense hasnt aloud a point through the first 30 minutes of the game and has forced 2 turnovers! But there is still a half to go!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Third time's a charm. Randy Sanders finally did what he has preached to his men the last three seasons. He stepped up. It was about as non predictable of calling a game as I ever seen Randy implement. He's very much the talent that Fulmer has seen in him and FINALLY, Randy got it done. Congrats to him and the Defensive secondary that showed up today as well. Where did that come from? :)

Third time's a charm. Randy Sanders  finally did what he has preached to his men the last three seasons. He stepped up. It was about as non predictable of calling a game as I ever seen Randy implement. He's very much the talent that Fulmer has seen in him and FINALLY, Randy got it done. Congrats to him and the Defensive secondary that showed up today as well. Where did that come from? :)

825503230[/snapback]

I couldnt agree more, Sanders really did a good job at calling this game and some players stepped up and made some big plays!

Third time's a charm. Randy Sanders  finally did what he has preached to his men the last three seasons. He stepped up. It was about as non predictable of calling a game as I ever seen Randy implement. He's very much the talent that Fulmer has seen in him and FINALLY, Randy got it done. Congrats to him and the Defensive secondary that showed up today as well. Where did that come from? :)

825503230[/snapback]

Coach Sanders has done a really good job in 04. Next yr xould be special at UT. They have a lot of talent and will have a lot of depth at qb. Sanders was one of the final 3 choices for the head job at East Carolina.

Today they played like a team getting ready to make a run next year.... I will have to give it to ole Rick Clausen, looked real good, which in turn helped sanders look good. Sanders did call some unpredicatable stuff for a change. Pulling the d all the way to one side with a draw play, then throwing it back accross the field. wow, you go randy! If I was a bettin' man I would say Randy is a Coach T plus member and has been reading this board and felt he better step it up.lol :)

Anyway the toughest decision now is to see which one of the 4 will be qb next year.. what a great problem to have for a change..I am thinking that Heath Shuler's boy from NC is going to be tough... I am looking for another National Championship coming soon! Look for the vols to be ranked in the top 5 at the beginning of '05...

I think the story about Rick Clausen is amazing. Just look where he's come from. This guy went from a deer in headlights his first game this season to looking like a future Pro candidate. Throwing across his body and strikes down the middle. It really is a feel good story. I'm happy for him. So now what do you do? Ainge, Schaeffer and Clausen are top contenders. I would feel as comfortable with Clausen in the saddle as Ainge right now. Schaeffer may be the odd man out. He has been overshadowed by QB's working the ball to All the receivers. Since Clausen is throwing with much athority, expect Schaeffer to not stick around. Rick is at least a backup to Ainge at this time. Their styles are similar, pocket passers, and the offense right now has to be sold on Rick when he's a the helm. What a problem.

Ya know, I've hnd my share of Sanders gripes, like the toss sweep TWO YEARS IN A ROW vs. Florida, but .....

Give the ol' ex-QB (backup to Jeff Francis) credit today. ... He called a fine game. Never took unnecessary chances, but used every page in the playbook. Kept A&M on their heels. Threw short, mid and long; Sidelines and middle. Used a diversified attack to open up both the run and the pass. .... In fact, today's Vols were a few barely overthrown passes and tackle-making blades of grass away from hanging half-a-hundred on the Aggies. .... And, all in all, everybody went home happy. Even those Aggie boys got to kiss the girls .... once .... in the fourth quarter.

Fine overall game. .... Go ahead and renew everyone's contract. Even the secondary and the special teams did ok (even though Wilhoite still scares me some).

2005 could be a special year. But, even if UT doesn't win a national title, another SEC East crown and trip to Hot-lanta should be plenty.

By the way, everyone e-mail that goober Trev Albert at ESPN and thank him for that little extra push of motivation. ... He predicted the Vols-Aggies game would be the biggest blowout of New Year's Day, with the Aggies winning. ... Well, Mr. Jimmy Johnson Hair Wannabe was half right. :lol: