Randy Sanders

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the topic at hand with Mr. Sanders, he did better, but he's still a knucklehead on the sidelines 90% of the time. After Auburn #1, he went right back to same ol' conservative Randy again until he had to get it going against UK and Vandy because the D couldn't stop anyone. Yes, he did a good job at having Ainge and Schaefer ready, and yes, he called a good bowl game, but the fact of thr matter is that against Ole Miss, UGA, Bama, USC, and ND he went back to the same ol' Randy we all know and love. I still think UT can do better and I wish we would. Unfortunately, he does just enough to get by and until something happens otherwise he will be the offensive coordinator.

Grade for season, B-.

Another bone-headed play was Ainge trying to make a play there at the end of the first half against Notre Dame....After the bad snap,he should have fell on the ball and he wouldn't have gotten hurt.....But then again the whole sideline experienced brain-freeze...He should have knelt down anyway...

825513354[/snapback]

I think the real bone-head play was Fulmer going for it on that last play of the half.

• 2 weeks later...
I think I remember hearing Ainge say in a interview after that game that he had a receiver standing wideopen down field if he could have just got his hands on the ball to get it to him.

825517606[/snapback]

I still think he should have just fell on the ball, but at least he was making an effort to make a big play.

There is no problem going for a big play at end of half. Look at SC game the week before. There was just too much confusion on this play--let too much time run off the clock, bad snap from backup center--but it's just a football play, could have happened in the 3rd quarter just as easily as last play of 1st half. Just a good reason for the can't be satisfied crowd to jump on and blame the coaches. If Ainge does not get hurt (or throw a Int) no one remembers the play.

Edited by jusdontno

If Ainge does not get hurt (or throw a Int) no one remembers the play.

825534174[/snapback]

I agree it was just a freak play and that stuff happens in football, it is a Physical sport and they same one who complain about him running a play at the end of the half are prolly the same ones that boo when he knees on the clock at the end of a half!!!

The naysayers have been reading too many of Climer's articles in the Tennessean. You're the hero when it works ala the hail Mary vs Florida and you're the goat if the starting QB gets injured on the play. High risks=high reward. You don't know what could have been if you don't pull out the stops every now and then. It's not like the Vols are going for it on every 4th down like Mumme did.

Some buddies of mine and I were talking this week, and if we don't line up in the 3 receiver I 50% of the time this year then something is seriously wrong. We have a great fullback, tailback, and great receivers. I really hope that we forget the tight end exists outside of the 5 yard line.

Just a thought in case Randy ever reads this.

Some buddies of mine and I were talking this week, and if we don't line up in the 3 receiver I 50% of the time this year then something is seriously wrong.  We have a great fullback, tailback, and great receivers.  I really hope that we forget the tight end exists outside of the 5 yard line.

Just a thought in case Randy ever reads this.

825543272[/snapback]

Did you notice how well we threw as well as run the ball out of the bunch formation in both the SEC Championship game as well as the Cotten Bowl?