Randy Sanders

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

plus they have got to keep the Clausen family happy so Jimmy will come to the hill in '07...  but I agree with gotmilk Ainge will start, Shaffer will transfer, Clausen will be backup and have Crompton as redshirt...

825505971[/snapback]

Actually the Knoxville News Sentinel quoted him after the Cotton Bowl and Schaeffer said he wasn't going anywhere, but things may change.

Edited by Tom142

Shaeffer will wait until after signing day to make a decision is my guess. I say if Crompton commits, Shaeffer leaves. Ainge should be and will be the starter, but Clausen II will get a look. They'll look at 40-50 yard bombs vs 60-70 yard spirals and Ainge will get the nod! B) Rick will be a decent backup which is all that Sanders ever was or Dickey for that matter. The guy with the brain that won't get you beat is the backup.........the guy with the rocket launcher for an arm gets the QB job. That's just how it is..........

You didn't watch Fulmer's press conference after the game did you?  Fulmer said that Clausen did not even take one snap in practice the whole week of the ND game.  That's probably why he was rusty.

825511609[/snapback]

So just because he hadnt taken a snap all week, thats what caused him to make a bone-headed play and try to throw the ball when someone had him half way on the ground? Besides he looked like he had some decnt throws in the game, so dont makes excuses for a dumb play! Dont get me wrong, I think Rick did a great job for UT this season, but he has to cut those bone-headed plays out!

So just because he hadnt taken a snap all week, thats what caused him to make a bone-headed play and try to throw the ball when someone had him half way on the ground? Besides he looked like he had some decnt throws in the game, so dont makes excuses for a dumb play! Dont get me wrong, I think Rick did a great job for UT this season, but he has to cut those bone-headed plays out!

825512450[/snapback]

Clausen has almost no experience. so of course he's gonna be a little rusty.

He was trying too much.  I understand what he did.  HE is a third string qb trying to show coaches what he can do.  it was his first signifcant action all year.

825512910[/snapback]

Well, you never heard Peyton make excuses when he was at UT and I dont expect to hear them from Clausen either, you prepare for every game as if you were the starter!