U T Martin

@38320

Went and watched UTM-Murray St Sat afternoon.....I will not go see them(UTM) again,unless maybe when my niece who is in the band is a senior,and she participates in Senior Say activities........10 First Downs...150 Total Yards....0-38 Loss.....Left in the 3rd quarter...They are pathetic....And I'm being nice :D

That game in a nutshell is why UTM does not get the good area players...Especially if the choice is between the Skyhawks and Racers....

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went and watched UTM-Murray St Sat afternoon.....I will not go see them(UTM) again,unless maybe when my niece who is in the band is a senior,and she participates in Senior Say activities........10 First Downs...150 Total Yards....0-38 Loss.....Left in the 3rd quarter...They are pathetic....And I'm being nice :lol:

That game in a nutshell is why UTM does not get the good area players...Especially if the choice is between the Skyhawks and Racers....

825432012[/snapback]

Oh well, they'll just have to do away with the plans for the "KW wing" on the football building!

It should be noted that the new UTM coach and his staff are trying to recruit West Tennessee players, but they are also battling that mind-set of UTM being a loser program. I know from a person entrenched in the UTM program that the school is trying to get local talent for football, but many players refuse to go b/c they don't want to be associated with UTM. ... And, there are West Tenn H.S. coaches who still carry a grudge and a chip on their shoulder about treatment from past coaches. There is one area coach who absolutely refused to even talk to UTM about one of his stud players. So, instead of asking why UTM isn't recruiting locally, why doesn't someone ask that particular coach if he is going to pay the tuition of his stud player, who went on to walk on at another program. .... UTM has a bad reputation, and it will take time to get past that. But, if UTM's coaches are wiling to make the effort, then the H.S. coaches in this area should be willing to do so, too. A scholarship at UTM, an OVC school, is better than no scholarship at all.

It should be noted that the new UTM coach and his staff are trying to recruit West Tennessee players, but they are also battling that mind-set of UTM being a loser program. I know from a person entrenched in the UTM program that the school is trying to get local talent for football, but many players refuse to go b/c they don't want to be associated with UTM. ... And, there are West Tenn H.S. coaches who still carry a grudge and a chip on their shoulder about treatment from past coaches. There is one area coach who absolutely refused to even talk to UTM about one of his stud players. So, instead of asking  why UTM isn't recruiting locally, why doesn't someone ask that particular coach if he is going to pay the tuition of his stud player, who went on to walk on at another program. .... UTM has a bad reputation, and it will take time to get past that. But, if UTM's coaches are wiling to make the effort, then the H.S. coaches in this area should be willing to do so, too. A scholarship at UTM, an OVC school, is better than no scholarship at all.

825435645[/snapback]

The Jackson Sun last year ran an article about area highschool coaches being upset with the UTM coaches for not recruiting their players. I believe that only two coaches had been visited. This is only one side of the story I would like to hear more thoughts on this subject. Personally, if I am going to watch UTM lose I had rather do it with players that I am familar with.

You know what's funny about UTM and there coaching staff. you never see them at any of the game around West Tennesse. They might go to a game at UTM when

Martin-Westview is playing. I have been to several game around West Tennessee and I have spotted Bethel,Lambeth and even Murry State at local games and never a rep. from UTM. What's the gig.....?

To get the fan base you got to get the local players................period.

Way to go Bethel,Lambeth and Murry State

Edited by tricklician