camden beats Huntingdon

milan05

Westtn,

For once I am on the same page as you.  Camden wants to hang their hat on accomplishments that don't mean a lot at this point.  Milan and Huntingdon both realize what the preseason is and also that regardless of what you think the playoffs are different than the regular season.  I will give Camden their due that they are much improved and if they can beat Huntingdon at Paul Ward stadium my hat is off to them.  However, just because you beat Milan in preseason scrimmage, just because Camden was leading in the 3rd quarter against Huntingdon, just because Camden beat Fairview by more than we beat Cheatham county, that does not mean you can beat Huntingdon in a 4 quarter head-to-head competition.  Camden thinks they can beat Huntingdon which is the way it should be in the 3rd round of the playoffs.  Huntingdon KNOWS they can beat Camden because they have already proven that they can.

825436571[/snapback]

things change... :rolleyes: Go Lions!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Westtn,

For once I am on the same page as you.  Camden wants to hang their hat on accomplishments that don't mean a lot at this point.  Milan and Huntingdon both realize what the preseason is and also that regardless of what you think the playoffs are different than the regular season.  I will give Camden their due that they are much improved and if they can beat Huntingdon at Paul Ward stadium my hat is off to them.  However, just because you beat Milan in preseason scrimmage, just because Camden was leading in the 3rd quarter against Huntingdon, just because Camden beat Fairview by more than we beat Cheatham county, that does not mean you can beat Huntingdon in a 4 quarter head-to-head competition.  Camden thinks they can beat Huntingdon which is the way it should be in the 3rd round of the playoffs.  Huntingdon KNOWS they can beat Camden because they have already proven that they can.

825436571[/snapback]

The difference being that H'tingdon beat a different Lions team....and yes we know your defense has greatly improved and will give Camden fits...hey its the playoffs thats the way its supposed to be...if the games were pushovers what would be the reason to go to all this trouble...keep thinking that Camden's not for real...Lewis co's fans did that...the Fairview team did that...the Jackson Sun even printed on Friday before the game was played that Fairview would be at H'tingdon this week playing instead of us...and oh yes we've heard all about our schedule...well you played harder teams so what??...and you LOST to those teams...so what exactly does that prove??...that you can play harder teams and lose to them??...seems to me that puts us on more even footing...yes you beat us and we'll take that on the chin because regardless of who made more mistakes or gave up big plays the better team on that night won....we'll its a different night....and the better team will win Friday nite....but it will be the other team this time. GO LIONS!!!

milancantbestopped61, What do you mean by that? What circumstances are you talking about

Punisher-whs pride, i meant no offense, the circumstances i was talking about is that huntingdon beat camden earlier in the season just as milan beat westview. After the loss, camden went on a winning streak just as Westview did. Huntingdon knows they can beat camden while camden thinks they can beat huntingdon. I think Huntingdon will step up and hopefully it will be a rematch of last year's semifinals.

If Huntingdon can keep from getting so many penalties and making the turnovers the offense will do great next week, if they do these things like tonite then Camden will take advantage of it big time.  It looked like the defense had improved a lot, guessing the playoffs have given the senior D players something to get excited about.  Camden runs it up the middle or anywhere inside and they will be stopped, the pass protection looked good too(atleast against the cubs earlier tonite, camden different team could be different story i know).  Camden's offense would do best if it ran outside and to the left.  The cubs, it seemed, got most of their yardage that way.  The Mustangs hopefully will have all these issues worked by next week, and lets hope that Desmand was just sick for the night, they need him to run the ball again next week!  GOODLUCK MUSTANGS!! if Camden wins, then well it will be a first in a long time and would be a hard one for most Stang fans to handle, but if they win they deserve it i personally hope they do great afterwards...but I also hope they don't get the chance to cause i am a Stang fan.

825430395[/snapback]

I JUST HOPE WHEN ALL SAID AND DON AND I PRAY HUNTINDON WIN IN CASE HUNINGDON LOOSES THE PARENTS WILL REALIZE WHAT THEY HAVE DONE. IT TAKES MORE THAN ONE PERSON TO WIN A FOOTBALL GAME AND NOW THEIR ARE TO MANY ONE MAN SHOWS. GOOD LUCK MUSTANGS

The difference being that H'tingdon beat a different Lions team....and yes we know your defense has greatly improved and will give Camden fits...hey its the playoffs thats the way its supposed to be...if the games were pushovers what would be the reason to go to all this trouble...keep thinking that Camden's not for real...Lewis co's fans did that...the Fairview team did that...the Jackson Sun even printed on Friday before the game was played that Fairview would be at H'tingdon this week playing instead of us...and oh yes we've heard all about our schedule...well you played harder teams so what??...and you LOST to those teams...so what exactly does that prove??...that you can play harder teams and lose to them??...seems to me that puts us on more even footing...yes you beat us and we'll take that on the chin because regardless of who made more mistakes or gave up big plays the better team on that night won....we'll its a different night....and the better team will win  Friday nite....but it will be the other team this time. GO LIONS!!!

825436689[/snapback]

Very well said!!!

Go Lions!!!!!!!

"the Jackson Sun even printed on Friday before the game was played that Fairview would be at H'tingdon this week playing instead of us..."

This is a true statement, but misunderstood. As far as this statement. What the Jackson Sun was doing was saying "if", and they stressed that, the higher seed won, these would be the matchups. People have more respect for Camden than you might think. The buzz is, this is new to have this type of respect.

Good luck to both teams. I still cannot decide, between the JCS @ USJ or this game here, on what game to watch Friday night.

How long has it been since the lions have played a game of this importance. I can answer that for you.never. The first time these teams played the Mustangs showed everyone how to win a game you had to win. The playoffs are a different atmosphere and the Mustangs know how to survive. Camden has never played a game this big and Huntingdon has played 5 or 6 of them in the last two years and I really think that will make a big difference, Just ask our friends from Milan they will understand what i'm saying.

Edited by cnlreporter

CNL,

You know, you are right. I am going to go tell Coach Ward to keep the team at home Friday night. There really is no reason to go over there, it's impossible for us to win. We will just forfiet.

:lol:

KC

GO LIONS!

825437710[/snapback]

I get the sarcasm. This will be a great game and I hope I live long enough to be there! Sidenote: I love hearing the words "Coach Ward" ie Paul Ward.