CAMDEN AT HUNTINGTON ROUND 2

badcompanybaseball

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Camden. I am from McKenzie but our luck ran out a long time ago. (actually last year to be exact LOL ) I hope ya'll beat the Mustangs in this match-up. I know it will be a great game and I plan on being there. I think that Camden has all the tools and the attitude to win this one. I hope ya'll bring home the victory. Again, good luck Camden Lions.

825431025[/snapback]

IT MUST stink NOT TO BE STILL PLAYING. SORRY REBELS

There is no doubt that Camden has improved greatly from years past and have an excellent football team. The saying is true that it is hard to beat a good team twice in the same year unless one team is just better than the other. Camden has the tools to win this game but so does Huntingdon. One thing that cannot be overlooked is that the Huntingdon players have been there and DONE it while Camden is just getting a taste of post season success.

The first game was a great atmosphere for high school football and that gave Camden players a little extra adrenaline. However, Camden still couldn't get it done and now they get to play at Paul Ward stadium where the Mustangs have not lost since week 7 last year.

I keep looking for Huntingdon's best game of the year and I feel sorry for whoever gets it. Maybe this is the week that all aspects of the game are at 100%.

Uh oh, you've called dad out. You weren't at the same game I was at. It was a Mustang butt whipping. Camden was unable to mount any kind of drive period. Every td they had was off Huntingdon mistakes. Come on now, I understand trying to put a positive light on a loss but gracious, thats rediculous. You guys have a good team and could very well win the game but with all things being the same you guys will be breaking out the b-balls next week.

825430872[/snapback]

Uh huh, and all the mustangs drives were 90 yards and took ten minutes off the clock at the game you were at I guess. I only saw Huntingdon have one good drive themselves. You had two quick scores at first because of nerves. You had one fluke td before halftime that caught us unawares. And the big htown O isn't rolling now like it was then is it? And by the way, use an i in ridiculous next time. Where did you go to school??? Huntingdon?

Let me first say this. I did not go to the first meeting between these two great teams. It sound like Huntingdon was pretty calm during the first meeting and had the attitude "this is just another game" (not making little of it, just the "one game at a time"). On the other hand, Camden may have been looking to that game as a measuring stick. Did Camden have that "must win" attitude the first time? I'm sure that Huntingdon did not (they've been in the big games before). Does anyone think that Huntingdon will pick up the intensity knowing that they are two games from defending their title and that this is a "must win"? If so, will that play into the outcome of the game? Also, is Camden hoping to win, or expecting to win?

Like I said before, I was not at the first meeting, but I will be at this one. It doesn't matter to me who wins, I just want to see some hard hitting and a good ballgame.

Good luck to both teams.

Uh huh, and all the mustangs drives were 90 yards and took ten minutes off the clock at the game you were at I guess. I only saw Huntingdon have one good drive themselves. You had two quick scores at first because of nerves. You had one fluke td before halftime that caught us unawares. And the big htown O isn't rolling now like it was then is it? And by the way, use an i in ridiculous next time. Where did you go to school??? Huntingdon?

825431253[/snapback]

Yeah and I also saw Cody Crocker laying in the end zone on 3rd and 4th downs with nothing hanging out of it but his toes and saw the refs take that TD away that would have made it 21-ZIP.

Quick lesson here folks... High school football is a game of ebb and flo. Back and forth. The team that keeps the intensity for the entire game will win it. Don't EVER believe that the team that wants it the most will win it. At this stage of the playoffs all the teams want it bad. Camden has a great club this year but so does Huntingdon. I talked to three of our players on Saturday and they said they'd be ready. I expect to see Camden come out fired up and then realize they are in for one tough game. Don't think the Mustangs will give it up easily. All they've heard since mid season is wait til next time. It's here and they're ready. Our two losses to two good programs this year is where we jumped out early and then Milan and Westview got the momentum at their place and we couldn't' overcome it. Win or lose from here on out I want to say I'm really proud of our squad this year. Having to live up to a repeat and having to take averybody's best shot is tough. How many teams have had to do that this year? Only a few! Congratulations to both teams and I hope that the game will be injury free. One thing to end this lesson; the Mustangs are plenty tough!

Nobody in Camden expects to win. The reason everybody is so fired up is because Huntingdon is Huntingdon and with a Camden win it really gives this program a whole new life. Not just this year but years to come. I have all the respect in the world for the Stangs, but it would really be a great feeling to see Camden knock Huntingdon out. Ya'll have put plenty of beatings on us the last few years and what a feeling it would be to knock out the defending State Champs. I don't see either team giving in till the final buzzer. Huntingdon may think that what you got in week 6 is what you'll get again, but Camden took that lose pretty hard. They are a little different then they were then. I'm sure Huntingdon is too. So before anybody starts gabbing about the past, let's just remember on any given night anybody can lose.

Huntingdon is Huntingdon. Your coming over here. At your place we should have put you away early but ....... We still won handily. Welcome to Paul Ward Stadium.

825430345[/snapback]

I have a hard time believing that home field advantage will mean anything in this game...there will be as many Camden fans as Huntingdon fans and we are a loud and proud bunch...oh and did I mention we're undefeated on the road??...this will truly be the "Clash of the Titans"....this is the kind of game that makes high school football the most exciting game bar none...Camden fans know what I mean when I say that there is something in the air...a feeling that you can almost touch...and taste.....This is Camden's super bowl....the thought of this game is what has propelled this team this far....there is a look in their eyes...a swagger in their step....not to sound too melodramatic, but this game will be a defining moment in these boys lives...especially the seniors...its what these young men have worked toward all season...true fans of the game know what I'm talking about when I say the hair stands up on the back of your neck....you can feel the electricity in the air...Huntingdon fans should take it as a great compliment that playing the Mustangs is what's important..its what has DRIVEN Camden to this point...this is the one that counts....everything else is just gravy.

Edited by tamirrt