Tullahoma Preseason Tourney

weeman580

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hate to see that he and the mustang ranch's lucas won't go at it again this year. i know mad max would like another shot at the their title.  :)

825433995[/snapback]

I thought Luke Borneman pinned Max Gessler in the 1st round both times they wrestled? I don't call that a shot, I call that counting the lights from your back. :)

your right, but i'm nice on my posts dude. :lol:

825434123[/snapback]

I'm sorry, you was making it sound like a rivalry when Luke owns him. If I pinned anyone twice in the 1st round I didn't consider them a threat.

Max is good and his record proves that. I bet Max would like another shot at Luke.

If he really wants it he can move up at the Father Ryan Tournament and take his shot there. thumb

Cleveland may be the champs out of their county for the first time in a while.  They are strong and deep.  The third HS opening in the county will take a large chunk of BC's feeder rpogram away, so Chad Laxton will have limited resources to work with AFTER A FEW seasons.

With Laxton and crew they will still be in the top three for the next few years though.  They may even grab top spot again by 2007.  AGAIN, FRANKLIN WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT TWO YEARS THOUGH.

soms

825433974[/snapback]

Soms,

Quick question....Why is Bradley the subject of a high percentage of your posts?

Soms,

Quick question....Why is Bradley the subject of a high percentage of your posts?

825434644[/snapback]

Thanks for the opportunity... Answer: A fair weathered fan :P (I do appreciate success) or perhaps, I've known Turner for over 25 years and followed him even longer than that. I've also known Steve since 1978 or so. I've followed these guys and watched what they have done closely even when BC was a team we wanted in front of our student body for an in-school match. I feel a sense of pride just seeing the things/moves used even today that Turner taught both me and Steve on the mat way back when. Steve obviously took this to a higher level in high school.

It is fascinating seeing these basics still work soundly like they're something "magic," but they really arn't. I've been to practices and matches in recent years and still feel this feeling of pride and root for others (like FRanklin) to try and duplicate this success. I'm proud of what has happened over the years up in Montgomery Co. too. I saw this energy develop in the early 80's as well.

I like all the energy brewing in west Tennessee and east Tennessee. Their (knoxville's) feeder program may rival anyone's now.

The feeder program has been a major part of BC's success (thanks to the Morris/Spain, ect. support team) and I know your sons have (still are benefiting) benefited greatly from this program.

We are working on emulating this in Smyrna, but it will take time. I date myself, but what has happened in Bradley Co., began with Al Miller who I have known as a coach since the early 70's and later Turner Jackson, which I must give credit on the enthusiasm that has spread to other programs as well. Side note: To me Al hasn't aged at all and seems quite thin today compared to years ago. Of couse, I was 132 compared to 200 today. :D

I don't mean to be a "know it all" or an expert, but I love wrestling and the good name BC has brought to TN wrestling, along with Gordon Connell's, Steve Henry's, Dan Gilbert's, Jim Morgan's, Mike Craft's, Pat and Frank Simpson's... amongst several others. I'm so proud of what all these folks, also including the Brian Dunning's & the Jordan's has and now again @ Clarksville brings to this great sport. There are so many others, like the Blairs, Davis', Delago's, Parker's, GP West's, Worsham's, Lewis', Goss' and their wives, but I better quit and say thanks to the 100's I know, and 1000's of others I have forgotten by name that supports this sport we all love.

Again, thanks for the invite to pour out my heart in support of you and yours in Bradley Co. and elswhere. Keep it up!! thumb

soms

Woops: One I may have left off the list in the early days of Cleveland was Duane Schriver. :lol:

Edited by Sommers

Thanks for the opportunity...  Answer:  A fair weathered fan :D (I do appreciate success) or perhaps, I've known Turner for over 25 years and followed him even longer than that.  I've also known Steve since 1978 or so.  I've followed these guys and watched what they have done closely even when BC was a team we wanted in front of our student body for an in-school match.  I feel a sense of pride just seeing the things/moves used even today that Turner taught both me and Steve on the mat way back when.  Steve obviously took this to a higher level in high school.

It is fascinating seeing these basics still work soundly like they're something "magic," but they really arn't.  I've been to practices and matches in recent years and still feel this feeling of pride and root for others (like FRanklin) to try and duplicate this success.  I'm proud of what has happened over the years up in Montgomery Co. too.  I saw this energy develop in the early 80's as well.

I like all the energy brewing in west Tennessee and east Tennessee.  Their (knoxville's) feeder program may rival anyone's now.

The feeder program has been a major part of BC's success (thanks to the Morris/Spain, ect. support team) and I know your sons have (still are benefiting) benefited greatly from this program.

We are working on emulating this in Smyrna, but it will take time.  I date myself, but what has happened in Bradley Co., began with Al Miller who I have known as a coach since the early 70's and later Turner Jackson, which I must give credit on the enthusiasm that has spread to other programs as well.  Side note: To me Al hasn't aged at all and seems quite thin today compared to years ago.  Of couse, I was 132 compared to 200 today. B)

I don't mean to be a "know it all" or an expert, but I love wrestling and the good name BC has brought to TN wrestling, along with Gordon Connell's, Steve Henry's, Dan Gilbert's, Jim Morgan's, Mike Craft's, Pat and Frank Simpson's... amongst several others.  I'm so proud of what all these folks, also including the Brian Dunning's & the Jordan's has and now again @ Clarksville brings to this great sport.  There are so many others, like the Blairs, Davis', Delago's, Parker's, GP West's, Worsham's, Lewis', Goss' and their wives, but I better quit and say thanks to the 100's I know, and 1000's of others I have forgotten by name that supports this spot we all love.

Again, thanks for the invite to pour out my heart in support of you and yours in Bradley Co. and elswhere.  Keep it up!!  thumb

soms

Woops:  One I may have left off the list in the early days of Cleveland was Duane Schriver. :lol:

825446604[/snapback]

Did I forget delaWarr, or is he perhaps a West? Oh and Ronnie Carter? Didn't he coach wrestling back in the old days with Overton or someone like that? Mike Parker was at the powerhouse East Ridge if I remember right. All great contributors, but I now feel bad that I didn't give Ward Gossett the plug he deserves. He was the wrestling man years ago!! I hope he's doing okay today. Anyone know?

soms

Edited by Sommers