Semi-Final Games

JimmyCash

Why not? This could add to the atmosphere of a semi-final game and could possibly take away some Home Field advantage to a team. This could easily be done.

When a Basketball Team makes it to the quarterfinals they get to play at Murfreesboro, Why can't football players have the same luxory? Let kids get a taste of the big-time.

Well you might say Where do we play them then? Easy, we have many college football stadiums in the State Why not use them?

Tennessee Tech

UT-Martin

UT-Chattanooga

UT-Knoxville

Tennessee State

Vanderbilt

Memphis

Maryville

Austin Peay State

Carson-Newman

Tusculum

University of the South

Bethel College is building a brand new facility

Possibly the Mini-Dome

All places that could possibly host a game. Would the college want them to?

Why wouldn't they? Most are done or one game away from being done. I don't beleive it would cause a problem. Just one night. Couldn't be that hard. This would add to the atmosphere of the semi-finals. This would make kids want to make it to the Semi's that much more.

Just a thought that I have been thinking about. Why don't we give it a shot?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not? This could add to the atmosphere of a semi-final game and could possibly take away some Home Field advantage to a team. This could easily be done.

When a Basketball Team makes it to the quarterfinals they get to play at Murfreesboro, Why can't football players have the same luxory? Let kids get a taste of the big-time.

Well you might say Where do we play them then? Easy, we have many college football stadiums in the State Why not use them?

Tennessee Tech

UT-Martin

UT-Chattanooga

UT-Knoxville

Tennessee State

Vanderbilt

Memphis

Maryville

Austin Peay State

Carson-Newman

Tusculum

University of the South

Possibly the Mini-Dome

Why wouldn't they? Most are done or one game away from being done. I don't beleive it would cause a problem. Just one night. Couldn't be that hard. This would add to the atmosphere of the semi-finals. This would make kids want to make it to the Semi's that much more.

825437321[/snapback]

It used to be done that way. I think the schools involved preferred to play at home when they could...so it was changed.

Tennessee Tech

UT-Martin

UT-Chattanooga

UT-Knoxville

Tennessee State

Vanderbilt

Memphis

Maryville

Austin Peay State

Carson-Newman

Tusculum

University of the South

Possibly the Mini-Dome

825437321[/snapback]

This is one of the best ideas I have heard on here in a while.

Georgia plays all of it's semi-final games at the Georgia Dome and then plays the finals back at one of the campi of the participating schools. That way twice as many teams get to play at one "super" site in a championship atmosphere. It should be noted that the GHSAA is able to do this only taking 25% of gate at playoff games, where the TSSAA takes 50% of the gate and only brings the two teams who make the finals of each classification to Murfreesboro.

Makes one wonder where all of the money is going in Tennessee, doesn't it?

Edited by HTV

Georgia plays all of it's semi-final games at the Georgia Dome and then plays the finals back at one of the campi of the participating schools.  That way twice as many teams get to play at one "super" site in a championship atmosphere.  It should be noted that the GHSAA is able to do this only taking 25% of gate at playoff games, where the TSSAA takes 50% of the gate and only brings the two teams who make the finals of each classification to Murfreesboro.

Makes one wonder where all of the money is going in Tennessee, doesn't it?

825437443[/snapback]

In Georgia...I think the teams pay their own insurance. That's where most of the money is going.

In Georgia...I think the teams pay their own insurance.  That's where most of the money is going.

825437450[/snapback]

In Georgia there is more money flowing through the schools than in Tennessee. That is one reason Gerogia schools can pay their own insurance. Honestly, everything about Georgia schools including money, academics, and athletics are better than TN.

In Georgia there is more money flowing through the schools than in Tennessee.  That is one reason Gerogia schools can pay their own insurance.  Honestly, everything about Georgia schools including money, academics, and athletics are better than TN.

825437468[/snapback]

Well that's great. I think I'll just stay here though. ;)

why...thats part of the game...the team with the higher seed should have homefield adavantage round 4 & if round 4 will be neutral why dont u just make the entire playoffs neutral...homefield advantage is part of the game...the semis arent the state championship & shouldnt be treated different. the only exception to the team that has done better is the rotation of the regions hosting it. A example of that is last year milan & huntingdon...milan beat huntindon wk. 7 but had to go to thier place twice because of region rotation of the semis.

Edited by milanpunisher4