Rebels vs. Vikings

THSVikings2004

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About how many people are in attendance for a Maryville game? There were 6,500 at the East vs. TN game and that East crowd was wild the whole time and it didnt hurt the Vikings.

The toilet paper throwing, cow bell ringing, silly string spraying, confetti throwing visitors got a little annoying after a while.

825444111[/snapback]

Oook, if that all went on at a high school game, I'm moving to Bristol to open a movie theater, nite club and bowling alley...y'all obviously don't have enuff to do.

We generally see 7 to 10,000 for the Alcoa Game. It depends on the year and how the teams look.

Now that I have a face to go with some dudes smack, it's muuuch more fun...you go boy!! :lol:

Ok, so correct me if I'm wrong nisstek...we're talkin about your all's equivalent to the Blount Co championship when we talk about a conference championship, right? Y'all aren't THAT proud of those accomplishments....are you? Seriously and no kidding at all, the Blount Co championship is a joke...we laugh about it...loudly.

I mean, I don't wanna get pumped up about playing the Blount Co champion of Upper E TN...that makes no sense...am i misunderstanding? :)

THS fans -

Congratulations on your win! I think that all of MHS was cheering for you guys because we think this is the most exciting matchup as well.

Please forgive us for some of our behavior. We are sometimes overzealous. But also try to understand where we're coming from... we hear this EVERY week. Each week all season long there is someone telling us that our dynasty is over. And almost invariably we dispense with them in like fashion with a thrashing. Now, I'm not suggesting that will happen this Friday night. I'm just saying that it is a little hard for us to expect anything other than success for our beloved Rebels when we see a team that we think has faced inferior competition and who has reached a place once where we are every year. I'm honestly and sincerely not trying to belittle your accomplishments or your worth as an opponent. There's an old saying that goes something like "act like you've been there before." Well, we have been there. And now you are there. And because we already know how to act we believe we will emerge victorious and that you will learn a great deal and come back stronger next year. The first time in recent history that the Rebels made the state championship was against Pearl Cohn and we got it handed to us. We went back the next year and won it all. I think you are on that same path and I'm excited for you.

Best of luck!

About how many people are in attendance for a Maryville game? There were 6,500 at the East vs. TN game and that East crowd was wild the whole time and it didnt hurt the Vikings.

The toilet paper throwing, cow bell ringing, silly string spraying, confetti throwing visitors got a little annoying after a while.

825444111[/snapback]

Playoff Maryville games have about 6,000 to 6,500 in attendance. No cow bells will be heard on the home side. We all like to sit and enjoy a good game. Maryville has not lost a home playoff game since 1999. I am sorry but these are not good numbers for visitors.