Rebels vs. Vikings

THSVikings2004

That Central game in week 9 was misleading. Maryville was up 7-3 when David Gaston got hurt. Gaston is Centrals best tailback and a threat to score every play. He is a very good cover corner also.When Gaston went down and Maryville scored before the half to make it 21-3 the Central team lost it's fight that night. Last friday Central was healthy. Gaston makes a huge difference. David Gaston and Terrence Scott are 2 of the fastest players in East Tennessee. Those 2 guys along with Zack Helton makes them hard to defend. Central also went in a shotgun formation most of the night and gave Maryville problems with it. I guarantee you Central would whip any team that was on TN High's schedule. Last friday the real Central team showed up. Maryville won that game without their 2 best tailbacks. From what I hear Ryan Tallent and Antonio Byner are ready to go next friday.

825445051[/snapback]

Whip any team?

Well they didn't play any team that the Vikings faced, but they did play the 3rd place team in Region 2. The score was 31-14. Over here that's not a blowout, especially against a 5-6 team that has absolutely no depth.

Central used the shotgun? Well let them use the shotgun against Tennessee High. East beat Greeneville almost as much as Central and look what happened to them when they came using the shotgun.

I'm not going to say anything about the tailbacks. I hope they are alright and ready to go. Tennessee High has been ready since the playoffs started.

All in all, I don't care if they could whip any team THS has also whipped. They are not THS.

I'm still proud of the Vikings wheter they win or not. You have faced a lot of adversity this season, including an incident that was low and cold hearted in the last game of the regular season.

Best of luck to Tennessee and Maryville. One of you two better win state.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first of all, mo-west blows this year. they couldnt beat their way out of a plastic bag, much less beat a good football team, and you guys only won what 17-6.  second of all, central doesnt and we were definately ahead with more than 40 seconds left, you need to check your sources before you spout off on here.  pulling one out of their butts? you must not be familiar with our program.  its called great coaching, combined with a poised quarterback.  once again, get your facts straight.  keep running your mouth, you'll have crow all in it friday night

825444971[/snapback]

Every time Maryville struggles you guys have an excuse!!!!!!! And when a team plays you close they are all the sudden “the next best team in the state” (after the mighty rebels of course). You guys are blindly in love with yourselves!!! There’s going to be a lot of Maryville fans needing counseling after this wakeup call you will be receiving Friday night. I’m still trying to figure out how you mad it through the wakeup call you received last year about this same time last year!! YOU DO REMEMBER DON”T YOU!!

i remember, and so do the players, and that is exactly why it wont happen again. where was the excuse in my last post, i didnt see any? and i dont see anywhere that i quoted any team we have played being the next best team in the state. central is a good team, but they arent the next best team in the state. In love with ourselves? woah now, its called pride in your team, and when you have a team who has lost one game out of its past three seasons so far i think you have a right to show pride in your team. when your quarterback only has one loss on his record and he has recorded 42 starts, i think there is a call for some team pride right there i mean call me crazy but its just the facts

That Central game in week 9 was misleading. Maryville was up 7-3 when David Gaston got hurt. Gaston is Centrals best tailback and a threat to score every play. He is a very good cover corner also.When Gaston went down and Maryville scored before the half to make it 21-3 the Central team lost it's fight that night. Last friday Central was healthy. Gaston makes a huge difference. David Gaston and Terrence Scott are 2 of the fastest players in East Tennessee. Those 2 guys along with Zack Helton makes them hard to defend. Central also went in a shotgun formation most of the night and gave Maryville problems with it. I guarantee you Central would whip any team that was on TN High's schedule. Last friday the real Central team showed up. Maryville won that game without their 2 best tailbacks. From what I hear Ryan Tallent and Antonio Byner are ready to go next friday.

825445051[/snapback]

You know… this total disrespect of the teams in East Tenn is going to come back and haunt you guy!!! Most of you have NEVER seen a team from this part of the state play… you just assume that because THS has posted these enormous numbers that we are playing weak competition. I guess that’s your way of trying to convince yourselves that TENNESSEE HIGH isn’t as good as the numbers show.

tn high isnt as good as the numbers show.  ive talked to people who are connected with football across the state and they all agree that your region is a weak one.  so its not just us saying it, its everyone but you

825445196[/snapback]

If you can talk to people who are connected with football, try talking to coaches and officials in the Lonesome Pine District when Tennessee High beat State Champion hopefuls Powell Valley in a scrimmage.

I'll make an excuse - Central is a much better team than the closest competition TN high has played.  Central has lost to two teams all season, Maryville, and barely to McCallie at McCallie.  If Central was a region 2 team they would have been undefeated champions in regular season.  We beat them twice.  Even if the game was close with 40 seconds togo, the final score wasn't and that's what matters.  If you are basing your teams abilities on the coachT strength rankings, you are in trouble.  Like it or not, head to head comparisons are the best thing we have between now and friday to judge the game (that and past history)  Wasn't the last region 1 team maryville played Greeneville in the semi's?  They were 13-1 i believe, and we wiped the field with them.  They also put up great numbers in a very weak region.

825444729[/snapback]

No C BOBCAT… it sounds like YOU where in way over your head. LOSING a game with 40 SECONDS to go must have been a neat trick!!!

TruRebelPlaya – “I'll make an excuse - Central is a much better team than the closest competition TN high has played.”

TruRebel you could have done better than that. It’s not like we haven’t heard that one before. And by the way… you guys mauled them earlier in the season. Where was this “much better” Central team that night!??? Surely your not telling me that this CENTRAL team you say is so full of athletic ability hinges its successes on ONE RB!! PLEASE…. And you think this team could hold it’s own against East or Elizabethton???

Hey, shelly. Thats a good point your last two sentences bring up.  THS & Maryville are pretty much the same teams as last year. You guys have been looking toward this year, being senior-led and all.

The only common opponent for both these teams is MoWest last year AND this year. Like I said, since both teams have returned for another year how do you see the common-team comparison matchup?

Maryville split with MoWest last year and won 38-0 this year. (Also, that game was in the Thursday night rain storm moved up due to Hurricane Ivan.)This year, THS found MoWest to be a "good team" as some of the vike fans stated. The Maryville fans weren't as impressed with them. THS was beaten 0-35 in the quarterfinals by MoWest last year and won 17-6 this year.

THS has improved greatly. Looks like Maryville is still just Maryville.

825445203[/snapback]

Yeah but teams play a little different in the playoffs and against a team that has never beaten them before.

first of all, mo-west blows this year. they couldnt beat their way out of a plastic bag, much less beat a good football team, and you guys only won what 17-6.  second of all, central doesnt and we were definately ahead with more than 40 seconds left, you need to check your sources before you spout off on here.  pulling one out of their butts? you must not be familiar with our program.  its called great coaching, combined with a poised quarterback.  once again, get your facts straight.  keep running your mouth, you'll have crow all in it friday night

825444971[/snapback]

Call me civil… but the eating crow thing is over my head. RRaider does your mother know your on the computer AGAIN!!!