Rebels vs. Vikings

THSVikings2004

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i was raised in a cave that looked like this id want to live in a cave all my life.  and you do know that eating crow is a metaphorical expression right.  it refers to wishing you hadnt said something that you did.  just in case you didnt pick that up in the trailor park

825445390[/snapback]

You are funny… how did you know I lived in a trailer? By the way… you do know that “outside the CAVE you were raised in” is a metaphoric expression referring to your primitive education. :P

You're right. That would have been dumb to compare last years MoWest team to this years team.

I was actually comparing the THS & Maryville teams of last year and this. Thats because both teams have pretty much the same players back this year. And because both THS & Maryville have once again played a common opponent in MoWest.

THS has improved. Maryville is just Maryville. btw, that's good.

825445309[/snapback]

They were on the team last year but with the exception of Marcus Nidiffer and Brandon Anderson a lot of them didn't get any playing time.

Edited by THSVikings2004

i dont think struggled is the right word, niether team "struggled" as you say.  both teams played excellent football and both teams played to the best of their ability.  in our first matchup central played like crap, and they know they played like crap, their coach admitted they played like crap, so im saying, they played like crap.  as far as last year is concerned you lost, we lost, but you lost before we lost, so we are still better than you are

825445320[/snapback]

Maryville played Morristown West twice. It seems that they would have been prepared to go against a team that they have already faced. We had to go on the fly.

This is really funny to me, we are already at 235+ posts on this thread and it isn't even Monday!  I hope this game lives up to the hype because it has been talked about on CoachT for about 6 weeks now!

My advice to Tennessee High players and fans is: don't tug on Superman's cape, don't spit into the win, and don't talk junk to Maryville before you play them!

They are masters at using anything you say against them to motivate them (which they don't need!).  Just show up play the game and if you win you won't have to worry about getting respect, you will have it. :P

825445324[/snapback]

Well if you consider Maryville to be superman, THS is Maryville's Kryptonite

Its not a band wagon of maryville Haters.  Its respect for a program that for now is unknown.  Unless your team comes out screaming obscenities, spitting in peoples faces and generally disrespecting our team or fans there will still be respect.  Win or lose.

If Raider would keep his endless mentally challenged comments to himself we wouldn't have waist so much keyboard time on him.

825445504[/snapback]

there is a bandwagon of Maryville haters. plenty of them. they get on here and bash Maryville week after week predicting us to lose every game. so far i dont see anything mentally challenging about my posts, if you would like to show me some false statements id happily correct myself.

there is no such thing as primitive education in Maryville Tennessee. ive come up through the Maryville system and we are the best academic school in the state, remember?

Does it look like THS is going to be picking up any new teams now that the reorg. has taken place? Didn't you play Powell Valley only in a scrimmage?

825445385[/snapback]

Non-conference I don't know. Sullivan North will be in the MLC but they won't be difficult.

Yes in a scrimmage but around here teams come to play whether it's a scrimmage or an actual game.

Both of the starting teams played the first 2 quarters then in the 3rd Quarter the 2 second string teams played.

Final Score

THS 21 Powell Valley 7

Edited by THSVikings2004

THS, you just blew my theory outta the water! When I was at the MoWest v THS game last year. The THS fans mentioned more than once the kids on the team were "young and would be really good next year." So, Its next year and they are really good! I though a lot of this years seniors had surely played before this one season.

825445557[/snapback]

Lets put it this way. I didn't no who Maurice Whitten was until this year. He mostly played Defensive End on second string but this year he was moved to Wing Back.

The ? should be does maryville have any good third teamers!

I ve had the chance to see both teams in action.  they both have fine programs and are well coached. But I have have to say Maryville. I ve seen the quality of athletes and football players both have.  Maryville has definitley played a stronger schedule.  Common opponets Maryville beat Mo west 38 or 39 to nothing. TN high beat Mo west 17 to 6.  TN HIGH MAY SAY THEY HAD AN OFF GAME AGAINST MO WEST. But I can say they honestly Tn high is not the best team.  Yes, they could win if Marville has an off night or some things go bad, But if Tn high brought their A game and Maryville Brought their A game. MARYVILLE BY 17.

MARYVILLE IS MUCH BETTER UP FRONT.

#31 AND #44 ARE GOOD PLAYERS FOR TN HIGH

825445459[/snapback]

FINALLY… someone with an objective viewpoint! I can live with that assessment JC1. It’s going to be refreshing to finally go into a game not being the overwhelming favorite!