Rebels vs. Vikings

THSVikings2004

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it was Elizabethton in the Semifinals in '97 or '98. They said Elizabethton was leading then Maryville came back and won.

Some of the radio announcers up here said Maryville has a habit of falling behind and then come back late in the game. That comeback with 40 seconds to go proved it.

825444742[/snapback]

So one comeback is a "habit"? Comparing Mo West and Knox Central this year is no a very good comparison at all. In case you didn't notice Central was ranked in the top ten all season and many weeks in the top 5.

Guest Rebelnation

You're wastin you time MHS...the only thing that matters to THS fans is Nat. Championships in the early 70's. I would have liked to see that THS team play the state champion from Texas. I guarantee they would have got detonated!! thumb

If you tuff enuff Vikes, climb to the mountain top (called dominance) where the Rebels live and TRY to plant your flag. All the best football in E Tennessee is played in middle E Tennessee.

Edited by Rebelnation

Maryville will absolutely dominate THS, the vikings are too noe dimensional, and they almost got eliminated in round one...These are two teams going in totally opposite directions in the playoffs...THS, you have had a great year, bu8t are living of your "National Championship" back 40 years ago...the momentum cannot continue, Maryville's D wil shut down you feature backs...It will be close for two quarters, but Maryville runs away with it in the second half...

Rebels..34

Vikings..17

Guest Rebelnation
Classic pic Nation!

There's so much on here to talk about. I'll have to organize my thoughts and get back to it later. I'm already running behind since I wasn't expecting to have 20 pages to get caught up on when I came in this morning.

Roll Red Rebels!

825446061[/snapback]

Like that...I like my caption below it.

Look, I've come to expect more of you man. You need to have your game face on come Monday morning....what's all this, "I need to get my thoughts together" crap? :blink:

I don't believe I have made my prediction yet.

Rebels 48

Vikes 17

So I talked to a guy yesterday who hasn't missed an MHS football game since like 15 years before I was born. And then I talked to his buddy whose attendance streak is not quite as impressive but whose opinion is obviously to be respected given the amount of time he has had to amass his wealth of football knowledge and MHS history. These guys said a few things that really stood out to me...

1. They told me that they didn't really remember hearing anything about THS since the 70s. Then one of them told me that he had been in Bristol like halfway through the season and that a police officer up there heard where he was from, approached him and said something to the effect of "wow, we hope that we get to see you guys in the playoffs because we've heard about how good you are, but honestly this is the best high school team I've ever seen."

2. They both reiterated time and time again that they are not ready to concede that THS cannot possibly be better than MHS. They both said several times in the conversation "well, they may be able to back it up...we'll just have to see." So I make that point to make the point that our elder statesmen are much classier and respectful than many of us on this website. Please weigh that equally in making your judgments of us as MHS fans.

3. They both observed that it has been a long time since that region was of comparative quality to Region 3.

Anyway, that's just a recap of a convo that I had with some guys who we'll probably never get to hear from on here.