Rebels vs. Vikings

THSVikings2004

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In football, no major things like state championships, but in other activities and other sports there are accomplishments.

I guess I'm going to try to change the subject real quick and ask about Maryville's rivalries in football?

825444537[/snapback]

our main rivalry is alcoa, or at least that is the one we have spirit week for, it has been kind of one-sided lately. any other county team is a rivalry, and one of the rivalries more of the present that Maryville has taken in is the central / Maryville rivalry.

Have a good off season and chack in with us regulalry boobcat. thumb

I'd say it goes farther than Alcoa Raider. True, our perrennial rival is Alcoa. Have been for 50+ years. We have also added Powell, West and Morristown West as pretty tough rivalries. Now Raider does make one excellent point and an obvious one. Those rivalries...all of them...have been lopsided for close to 10 years now. I think that's why Raider discounts the other 3 rivalries.

I think I'm gonna watch a lil NFL (yuck), then go see Friday Nite Lights at 4:05. Anyone have reason to talk me outta seeing that movie?

Now, for the two biggest questions coming into the game:

1. How do we get to Maryville's stadium from Chattanooga?

2. What kind of uniforms will we be looking at?!?!? 

Looking forward to the trip!!

I have good directions from Chattanooga. Especially if you are driving up Friday Afternoon. Take I-24 to I-75, northbound towards Knoxville. Get off at Exit 60 (Sweetwater) and go right on 68. 68 will take you through two traffic lights in Sweetwater, go straight at both. Go 10 - 12 miles until 68 intersects 411. Get on 411 north towards maryville. Stay straight until you get to Maryville (look for traffic lights and food city) Stay straight through all the lights (don't get on 129!) and 411 turns into broadway. You will see Maryville high school on the right after a couple of miles into Maryville. Going through sweetwater will be faster on a friday afternoon than going through lenoir city (exit 82). It should take you about 1 hour and 45 minutes to 2 hours, pending chattanooga traffic around Hamilton Place.

Look up the Tennessee High State Champions thread mhs. There is some views on there from fans who have seen both play. Also, you could ak and MoWest poster...since they played both of us.

My brother lives up there and he said the unofficial nickname for VA high is v@gina high...any truth to that? We have several names for Alcoa (The Big Wind, etc).

B) You know… I’ve heard a lot of talk on this thread about how THS didn’t play well against “a real team” MoWest (only winning by the score of 17-6). There hasn’t been much mention of the mighty rebels pulling one out of their butts against Knox Central. Maryville barely held up their part of the deal as they trailed in that game with 40 seconds to go! NOT MUCH OF A DOMINATION LAST FRIDAY HU!!! That game has to be a wave of emotion to ride into a clash with the Vikings?! Confidents level must be WAY UP!! Especially knowing that you will be playing another VERY athletic team. Only this team just happens to be ranked #1 in the coachT strength ratings!!! So lets hear the excuses. How bout you RRAIDER???????? :lol:B)

B)  You know… I’ve heard a lot of talk on this thread about how THS didn’t play well against “a real team” MoWest (only winning by the score of 17-6). There hasn’t been much mention of the mighty rebels pulling one out of their butts against Knox Central. Maryville barely held up their part of the deal as they trailed in that game with 40 seconds to go! NOT MUCH OF A DOMINATION LAST FRIDAY HU!!! That game has to be a wave of emotion to ride into a clash with the Vikings?! Confidents level must be WAY UP!! Especially knowing that you will be playing another VERY athletic team. Only this team just happens to be ranked #1 in the coachT strength ratings!!! So lets hear the excuses. How bout you  RRAIDER????????  :lol:  B)

825444711[/snapback]

I was suprised to hear that Central was winning 17-14 at some point. I thought the guy I heard it from was just talking to build everyone up to face Maryville. But that most have been exciting to comeback with only 40 seconds to go.

Central is probably feeling worse about the game since they were winning with 40 seconds to go.

There hasn’t been much mention of the mighty rebels pulling one out of their butts against Knox Central. Maryville barely held up their part of the deal as they trailed in that game with 40 seconds to go! NOT MUCH OF A DOMINATION LAST FRIDAY HU!!! That game has to be a wave of emotion to ride into a clash with the Vikings?! Confidents level must be WAY UP!! Especially knowing that you will be playing another VERY athletic team. Only this team just happens to be ranked #1 in the coachT strength ratings!!! So lets hear the excuses. How bout you RRAIDER????????

I'll make an excuse - Central is a much better team than the closest competition TN high has played. Central has lost to two teams all season, Maryville, and barely to McCallie at McCallie. If Central was a region 2 team they would have been undefeated champions in regular season. We beat them twice. Even if the game was close with 40 seconds togo, the final score wasn't and that's what matters. If you are basing your teams abilities on the coachT strength rankings, you are in trouble. Like it or not, head to head comparisons are the best thing we have between now and friday to judge the game (that and past history) Wasn't the last region 1 team maryville played Greeneville in the semi's? They were 13-1 i believe, and we wiped the field with them. They also put up great numbers in a very weak region.