Rebels vs. Vikings

THSVikings2004

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The emotion will be huge.  I would think that favors Maryville.  They are used to playing in big games and know exactly what it takes to get to Murfeesboro.  THS hasn't played in a game this big in a while.  THS is coming to an intimidating environment.  Opposing teams warm-up underneath the scoreboard--there is a huge sign that lists Maryville's 7 state titles.

825443613[/snapback]

What you are seeing as intimidation, will actually motivate our players.

By the way we have a sign too. (I reads 1972 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS)

Best wishes to the Vikings from a DB fan.

Thought I might add a story about the Vikings...

About 15 years ago my Grandmother passed away, and her funeral was in Bristol at one of the funeral homes near where the Vikings practice. As the hearse and funeral procession passed by the practice field on the way to the cemetery, the Vikings stopped their practice. The kids removed their helmets and stood at attention as the hearse passed by. I really thought that showed a lot of class on the Vikings' part. I was very impressed.

Again, best of luck to the Vikings.

825443643[/snapback]

Thank you Tribe.

Congradulations on a GREAT season. I wish you guy's had pulled that one out last night.

Had you been at home, I feel you would have. Tough draw in the brackets. We get our "tough" draw next week.

We are kinda getting off topic, but my wife asked me if there wasn't more conference championships than were listed on our little sign. I dont understand all the co champioships either. I cant find any stats on it either. If everyone in the conference playes each other, there cant be co-champions........right? Hopefully in two weeks a new sign will be in the works.