Rebels vs. Vikings

THSVikings2004

Hey guys.  Nice to see eveyone is getting along.  Don't take offense to Raider...he makes things intersting when they start to get dry.....he's the leading expert in his field :unsure:

Mike, I really love to hear stories like the one on your son.  It makes me remember what football is really about.  They say there's no cowards in foxholes...that holds true on the grid iron as well.  Every kid is truly there because they love it and have a burning desire to succeed.  I love this game!!

Refresh my memory vikes...how many guys play both ways for you all?  I don't recall it being a lot.  That will help you emmensly.  It's truly what got Central and Powell beat (among other things).  Central almost got their starting QB's ankle broke off playing him both ways.  He's ok though.

825443041[/snapback]

Mr. Moyers, I am a veteran of the Big Red One. I can only speculate, from your logo, that which is obvious.

Therefore, I know you feel me when I say that HONOR NEVER DIES !!!

What an HONOR it is for my Vikings to get to this game to play THE Maryville Rebels.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the game be played in Maryville or Bristol?

825443079[/snapback]

It's in Murvul!!! 7pm at the Skeeter.

Directions: I-81 south to interstate 40. Interstate-40 West to exit 386, which is highway 129/Alcoa highway/airport exit. Take 129 South approximately 10 miles. After you pass the airport the road will fork. Take the right fork, the Maryville bypass, which has a sign toward Fontana/Atlanta. Go to the 3rd or 4th redlight (can't remember exactly). Take a left on Lamar Alexander Parkway/321. Go about 1/2 mile, there will be a big intersection with Texaco on the right, Blockbuster on the left. Take a right and your at MHS.

Good luck to everyone.

Go rebs!

Did you see that hit Shaud put on that guy from Sullivan East on a punt return? It was like the guy wasn't even expecting it.

825443068[/snapback]

Here's some locker room material for 21. Dont let someone smaller than you hit harder. I hate to point out people who IMO aint pullin there weight. Stick somebody Stickley. Everyones gotta step up this week. Hopefully I'll make him mad and he takes it out on the field this Friday.

Who on Maryville’s team has had Division 1 looks? The way you guys talk about your QB he should be headed to UT or Florida if he’s truly as talented as you say!! So where will we see him next year?? :unsure:

825443102[/snapback]

Cade Thompson has verbally committed to North Carolina, and he's a 4A Mr. Football finalist

Edited by jlay68

I'm not gonna trash talk here, I just want some honest opinions. I'm not downplaying a win, but I think playing Elizabethton, and a schedule full of teams like that does not benefit you against Maryville. I really do think Maryville's schedule has been tougher. What do you all think?

I think Elizabethton and some other Reg. 1 and 2 teams are comprable to Reg. 4, good solid teams, but just not enough. I don't doubt that TN High has earned their spot. But I do think Maryville's had a tougher road the last two games. The only other team Central lost to was McCallie early in the season. Powell lost to two other teams besides Maryville: Knox Central and Webb. If you put Powell or Central in Reg. 4 they would be champions, plus have one less loss apeice to Maryville.

MO, Zack, and Shaud play both ways on occasion.  Shaud's speciallty is pass coverage and punt/kickoff returns.  He hits harder than most and doesnt miss tackles.

Coach Stubbs alluded to you guys running a shotgun with 4 wideouts Sullivan East type offense against the Vikes.  Do you think that's true?

825443055[/snapback]

Their base offense is three wide receivers and two split backs in the backfield--gun about 50% of the time. They will go 4 wide on passing situations.