Rebels vs. Vikings

THSVikings2004

Is that anywhere near Cunningham St. or Lawrence Ave?

825443103[/snapback]

The address for the High School is actually Lawrence Ave on the southside, Cunningham runs down the east side. The field actually is on W. Broadway, which is the main street through Town. Plenty of free parking at the school if your early enough, Large Church across street from stadium has $5 parking.

Welcome to Maryville!!, hope the trip down is nice and trip back is a long one!!

Edited by tnnitehawk

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The address for the High School is actually Lawrence Ave on the southside, Cunningham runs down the east side. The field actually is on W. Broadway, which is the main street through Town.  Plenty of free parking at the school if your early enough, Large Church across street from stadium has $5 parking.

Welcome to Maryville!!, hope the trip down is nice and trip back is a long one!!

825443555[/snapback]

Is the field far from the school?

I absolutely agree with you! I've heard hype from all schools every year. I would have to hear a fair and more honest opinion from a coach maybe instead of a fan to believe them. They are not seeing the same team as us.

Game of the Year next week!!

825443343[/snapback]

Obviously we have no way of knowing who is the better team until Friday night--but we can speculate all week. The only comparison we have is that Maryville and THS both played Mo. West. I know Maryville dominated Mo. West and THS struggled. That and Maryville's success over the past 10 years are why THS is considered the underdog.

Is the field far from the school?

825443561[/snapback]

The field is right next to school, if you get there early enough turn right at light just past Blockbuster video, then make a immediate left on Cunningham, go one block and turn right on Lawrence. Student parking is on that street. Best gate for visitors is walk on down Lawrence and then right on Cedar Street. There is a gate there for visitor side. Look for all the Black and White Police cars. Note, Cedar Street is closed for vehicle traffic, we park the team buses, etc. there.

Obviously we have no way of knowing who is the better team until Friday night--but we can speculate all week.  The only comparison we have is that Maryville and THS both played Mo. West.  I know Maryville dominated Mo. West and THS struggled.  That and Maryville's success over the past 10 years are why THS is considered the underdog.

825443567[/snapback]

To MHS, the Mo West game was revenge time. To the Vikes, another 4-6 team that was in the way. We obviously took them lightly and could have paid dearly for it. Then you guys would have noone to talk to this week.

HS Football is more emotion than anything else. I know that the emotion level will be equal at the begining of the game Friday.

To MHS, the Mo West game was revenge time.  To the Vikes, another 4-6 team that was in the way.  We obviously took them lightly and could have paid dearly for it.  Then you guys would have noone to talk to this week. 

HS Football is more emotion than anything else.  I know that the emotion level will be equal at the begining of the game Friday.

825443594[/snapback]

The emotion will be huge. I would think that favors Maryville. They are used to playing in big games and know exactly what it takes to get to Murfeesboro. THS hasn't played in a game this big in a while. THS is coming to an intimidating environment. Opposing teams warm-up underneath the scoreboard--there is a huge sign that lists Maryville's 7 state titles.

Since most everything has been debated at one time or another, lets hear some predictions on the weather at game time.

At this point it looks like its going to be close to, if not the, coldest game so far this year.  I would think the cold would benefit a run base offense.

825443625[/snapback]

Looks like it will be dry and around 45-50 degrees at kick off--probably not cold enough to affect either team. Maryville's field is in good shape. If it does rain, it won't be a mud bowl.

Since most everything has been debated at one time or another, lets hear some predictions on the weather at game time.

At this point it looks like its going to be close to, if not the, coldest game so far this year.  I would think the cold would benefit a run base offense.

825443625[/snapback]

First of all, no one can predict East Tenn. weather, it changes every 20 minutes. Right now they are saying partly cloudy w/lows in mid 30's. It that holds true I think it would be perfect football weather. The field has held up great considering it has seen 8 varsity games (5-regular and 3 playoff) and who knows how many freshman and JV games. Unless it snows 10 inches, rains 5 inches, or the the temp is in the upper 80's or low teen's I don't think its a factor.

Best wishes to the Vikings from a DB fan.

Thought I might add a story about the Vikings...

About 15 years ago my Grandmother passed away, and her funeral was in Bristol at one of the funeral homes near where the Vikings practice. As the hearse and funeral procession passed by the practice field on the way to the cemetery, the Vikings stopped their practice. The kids removed their helmets and stood at attention as the hearse passed by. I really thought that showed a lot of class on the Vikings' part. I was very impressed.

Again, best of luck to the Vikings.

Edited by rolltriberoll