Rebels vs. Vikings

THSVikings2004

Oook, if that all went on at a high school game, I'm moving to Bristol to open a movie theater, nite club and bowling alley...y'all obviously don't have enuff to do.

Ok, so correct me if I'm wrong nisstek...we're talkin about your all's equivalent to the Blount Co championship when we talk about a conference championship, right? Y'all aren't THAT proud of those accomplishments....are you? Seriously and no kidding at all, the Blount Co championship is a joke...we laugh about it...loudly.

Our "Blount County" actually included Sullivan, Washington, and Carter counties. In my high school days there was Dobyns Bennet, Science Hill, Elizabethton, Unicoi County, Sullivan North, Sullivan South, Volunteer, Sulllivan East and Sullivan Central that made up the Big 10 Conference. THS, DB, Science Hill, and Elizabethton, beat on each other every year. In those days noone went undefeated. If you won that conference it was a huge accomplishment. I, like alot of the THS faithful, have only gotten interested in the State picture recently, for obvious reasons. So I dont have a clue how strong our region was back then.

We already have a Bowling Alley and think there is a Night Club somewhere in town but we could use a Theater so that we could get out of our cars and go inside to sit down and watch a movie. That would be cool. thumb

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cow bells? :rolleyes:

825444465[/snapback]

Yes its dreadful. I went to the East vs. Elizabethton game in the regular season and when Elizabethton had possession they made a hand off that ran for about 10 yards and the East crowd stood up ringing them cow bells and blowing those air horns.

You had to stand up the entire second half to see the game.

Oook, if that all went on at a high school game, I'm moving to Bristol to open a movie theater, nite club and bowling alley...y'all obviously don't have enuff to do.

Ok, so correct me if I'm wrong nisstek...we're talkin about your all's equivalent to the Blount Co championship when we talk about a conference championship, right? Y'all aren't THAT proud of those accomplishments....are you? Seriously and no kidding at all, the Blount Co championship is a joke...we laugh about it...loudly.

Our "Blount County" actually included Sullivan, Washington, and Carter counties. In my high school days there was Dobyns Bennet, Science Hill, Elizabethton, Unicoi County, Sullivan North, Sullivan South, Volunteer, Sulllivan East and Sullivan Central that made up the Big 10 Conference. THS, DB, Science Hill, and Elizabethton, beat on each other every year. In those days noone went undefeated. If you won that conference it was a huge accomplishment. I, like alot of the THS faithful, have only gotten interested in the State picture recently, for obvious reasons. So I dont have a clue how strong our region was back then.

We already have a Bowling Alley and think there is a Night Club somewhere in town but we could use a Theater so that we could get out of our cars and go inside to sit down and watch a movie. That would be cool. thumb

825444514[/snapback]

That explains it a lil better. Look for the Moyers Movie 12 coming to a strip mall near you hahaha :rolleyes:

I am sure the 72 state championship team was great.  The fact they were the "national champs" in 1972 is irrelevant.  A high school player won't be intimidated when he sees a 1972 state and/or national champs sign at the high school stadium he is at.  Unless the sign has a state title listed in the past five to ten years he won’t even notice.  However, he will think about one that reads 1970, 1976, 1978, 1998, 2000, 2001, & 2002 state champs--obviously the recent ones will scare him.  Not to mention this player knows that Maryville was one play away from playing for a 4th consecutive title in 2003.  This player also knows that Maryville beat Mo. West at Mo. West 38-0 and his team barely beat Mo. West at home 17-6.  These are kids playing the game.  If you think they don't post messages on this sight and read all the state headlines, you are wrong.  I am sure the THS kids are a great group of kids.  I just think that during the first quarter they will be a little bit in awe and/or shell shocked.  That could be the difference in the game.  I may be wrong and if I am, I will be the first to admit it here on this thread.  Good luck to both teams.

825444058[/snapback]

I couln't agree MORE.

That was the sarcastic point I was trying to make.

Tennessee High is the worst football team in the state.  They only beat Morristown West 17-6, they obviously are garbage.  The best team in the nation, Maryville, dominated Mo West 38-0 and showed everyone in Teneessee that we are unstoppable.  All this talk about the Vikings beating Maryville makes me sick.  We will destroy their worthless team, so dont even bother driving down to our great city.  Spare me Tennessee High, you are a joke.

825444098[/snapback]

Color this "POSTED"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes its dreadful. I went to the East vs. Elizabethton game in the regular season and when Elizabethton had possession they made a hand off that ran for about 10 yards and the East crowd stood up ringing them cow bells and blowing those air horns.

You had to stand up the entire second half to see the game.

825444516[/snapback]

That is proabably the only reason the Pats pulled that one off. Elizabethton is a much better team than East. You know fan support could come into play this week. :rolleyes:

Maybe we should bring some big ol' cow bells. What we need are some of those horns the Vikings used to use. Air horns are too high pitched.

Yeah, I believe we can all agree mythical nat. championships from the 70's won't have much bearing here....

Now, recent achievements do hold some bearing, because they show the continued improvment and recent aptitude of the program.

I'm not gona go into all of Maryville's recent accolades (too numerous)...are their any for the Vikes y'all would like to share?

That  is proabably the only reason the Pats pulled that one off.  Elizabethton is a much better team than East.  You know fan support could come into play this week. :rolleyes:

Maybe we should bring some big ol' cow bells.  What we need are some of those horns the Vikings used to use.  Air horns are too high pitched.

825444526[/snapback]

Yeah I think the cyclones got psyched out on their own field. It didn't look like anyone was cheering for them.

Yeah, I believe we can all agree mythical nat. championships from the 70's won't have much bearing here....

Now, recent achievements do hold some bearing, because they show the continued improvment and recent aptitude of the program.

I'm not gona go into all of Maryville's recent accolades (too numerous)...are their any for the Vikes y'all would like to share?

825444527[/snapback]

In football, no major things like state championships, but in other activities and other sports there are accomplishments.

I guess I'm going to try to change the subject real quick and ask about Maryville's rivalries in football?

I thought you were talking about the THS-East game before.  Where were you for that game?

825444535[/snapback]

I was at the East vs. THS game, but I was at the East vs Eliz. game because Tennessee High was at Unicoi the day before.

I actually was at about the 15 yard line but I was still able to see the field from where I was sitting.

One of my friends new someone that was able to scalp tickets for over $100 each. I was fortunate enough to get them the first day they went on sale.

Edited by THSVikings2004