Rebels vs. Vikings

THSVikings2004

tn high isnt as good as the numbers show.  ive talked to people who are connected with football across the state and they all agree that your region is a weak one.  so its not just us saying it, its everyone but you

825445196[/snapback]

Take it easy fellow Viking fans, to get respect you have to earn respect, all we have done is beat a bunch of weak sisters as they want to believe,but those weak sisters SWEPT the first round. As far the nonsince of comparing scores goes(maryville beat west by 38 I belive) M. east beat west by 40 i believe ,S. south beat east by 40 I belive And the vikes beat south 2 times by a combined score of 82-23 i belive) What all that means ..lol not a durn thing I just hope both teams bring there A game, so no excuses on either side. ;)

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take it easy fellow Viking fans, to get respect you have to earn respect, all we have done is beat a bunch of weak sisters as they want to believe,but those weak sisters SWEPT the first round. As far the nonsince of comparing scores goes(maryville beat west by 38 I belive) M. east beat west by 40 i believe ,S. south beat east by 40 I belive And the vikes beat south 2 times by a combined score of 82-23 i belive) What all that means ..lol not a durn thing I just hope both teams bring there  A game, so no excuses on either side. ;)

825445224[/snapback]

you left out one important score though, tn only beat west by 11, we beat them by 38

Upper East TN football is weak. Cloudland is the only team east of Morristown to EVER make it to the Clinic Bowl. If TN High played in Region 3 they would come in 3rd or 4th place. You can get mad and say this or that but that is the truth. Elizabethton had real good teams in 98 and 99 but they got beat by Maryville and Central because they were battle tested and knew how to win.

well shelley i guess someone had to do stir it up....

confidence level is up. we expect to win every game. and since pretty much no one outside of Bristol thinks that THS is as good as Central, we aren't (as fans) really all that worried. if we can beat a really good team on a night that we make mistakes, they don't, and we are going without are two top RB's...then i wouldn't expect us to get all that worried about playing what is widely considered to be an inferior team.

not trying to be a jerk...just explaining our psyche. and again, CoachT strength rankings don't really hold a lot of water. best of luck.

825444781[/snapback]

What other way do we have to measure out teams’ sense most of them will never get to meet on a field? Your not suggesting that we take the Maryville hopefuls word on who the better teams are!?? I have a feeling that if Maryville were at the top of these ratings you would be singing a different tune!!! Just face it… everybody doesn’t view the world through REDREBLE GOGGLES!!

Upper East TN football is weak. Cloudland is the only team east of Morristown to EVER make it to the Clinic Bowl. If TN High played in Region 3 they would come in 3rd or 4th place. You can get mad and say this or that but that is the truth. Elizabethton had real good teams in 98 and 99 but they got beat by Maryville and Central because they were battle tested and knew how to win.

825445240[/snapback]

Read some of the above posts. You have got to be kidding me if you think Cloudland is good. 1A football everywhere is weak.

With the exception of Baylor, Tennessee High is the only team EVER from the state of tennessee to be declared National Champions. They were declared National Champs the year after we beat them 39-6 in the State Championship.

umm if you didn't notice, mo west was not a very good team this year-at all. Comparing them to last year's squad is just plain dumb. Maryville is still on top and the Vikings will have a rough time on Jim Renfro. Thats straight Truth. Seems like a lot of teams are down in talent from a few years back. TN high's class of 02 with Boodle Clark and the Gang and Maryville's 03 guys Carl Stewart, Brad Merrit, Holt, Waters... all of em- just seems like none of those awesome players are being duplicated. Mo West was dramatically this year too.

Hey, shelly. Thats a good point your last two sentences bring up.  THS & Maryville are pretty much the same teams as last year. You guys have been looking toward this year, being senior-led and all.

The only common opponent for both these teams is MoWest last year AND this year. Like I said, since both teams have returned for another year how do you see the common-team comparison matchup?

Maryville split with MoWest last year and won 38-0 this year. (Also, that game was in the Thursday night rain storm moved up due to Hurricane Ivan.)This year, THS found MoWest to be a "good team" as some of the vike fans stated. The Maryville fans weren't as impressed with them. THS was beaten 0-35 in the quarterfinals by MoWest last year and won 17-6 this year.

THS has improved greatly. Looks like Maryville is still just Maryville.

825445203[/snapback]

03 you of all people know that the playoffs are a season of it’s own. Whatever happened in the regular season is in the regular season and has little bearing on what the playoffs have to offer. If this wasn’t the chase than WHAT HAPPENED LAST FRIDAY when you STRUGGELD against a team that you beat in the regular season by 46 points!!! And as far as last year is concerned… YOU LOST … WE LOST… end of story. Come on 03… this is tshelley you’re talking to.

umm if you didn't notice, mo west was not a very good team this year-at all. Comparing them to last year's squad is just plain dumb. Maryville is still on top and the Vikings will have a rough time on Jim Renfro. Thats straight Truth.                                                                                                                          Seems like a lot of teams are down in talent from a few years back. TN high's class of 02 with Boodle Clark and the Gang and Maryville's 03 guys Carl Stewart, Brad Merrit, Holt, Waters... all of em- just seems like none of those awesome players are being duplicated. Mo West was dramatically this year too.

825445284[/snapback]

No disrespect to Boodle Clark, but Mo Whitten, Major Canty, and Brandon Anderson are better players.

lol yeah if you cant even beat Mo Town west when its dry by more than 20 then ur garbage THS.....haha hey Moyers could u hear us Friday Night..... i hope no one else ever talks crap about our fans.......the students even sang good 'ole Coach Helton happy birthday

825445207[/snapback]

A WIN IS A WIN…. See ya Friday DUKE BOY!!! You’ll get your chance to take out this garbage. ;)

off the subject somewhat, but Cloudland has been really good as far as 1A goes. They could usually beat Sullivan East & Elizabethton most all of the past 5 years. Mark Byrd was the difference. No way to know now but Cloudland would have been a real tough game for the vikings those years. THS should have scheduled someone like Gate City, D B or Cloudland . Couldn't have messed up the schedule that much.

825445286[/snapback]

"THS should have scheduled someone like Gate City, D B or Cloudland . Couldn't have messed up the schedule that much."

If your referring to the 2003 season, maybe but Tennessee did play Powell Valley and they beat Gate City.

Sullivan East was 0-10 two of those 5 years that Cloudland beat them.