Oak Ridge @ Riverdale

smallfries66

I moved my post to this thread. I cant find the other one. They probably locked it brcause of trash talking.

This Oak Ridge team is special this year. Let me try to explain. There is an intangiable force, a feeling, an air about them or whatever you want to call it. It is something you can see and feel and still you cant say what it is. You cant put a finger on it but it is there and there is no denying it. Ask anyone that has been around this team and I think they will agree. Its not a cockiness, It's not an arrogance, It's not a confidence or even a swager It is something else, almost mystical.

I read that Riverdale starters almost never play past the third quarter. a point spread aganist opponets of 589 to 63. 43 quarters without a point being scored on your defense wow those sure are impressive stats. Now I ask you what does that really say? Oak Ridge was averaging 52 points per game until game 6 or 7.

We scored 60 points in game one and 70 in game two, our starters didnt play but maybe one series after halftime in either one of those games. People were accusing us of running up the score when our JV was playing most of the 4th quarter. Now that my friend sounds like pretty impressive stats too doesn't it. Thing is both of those impressive stats say the same thing. The competition wasn't impressive. My point is this you are only as good as your competition. Our region had three undefeated teams going into week eight. 4 teams were ranked in the top 7 in the state. Even before the playoffs Oak Ridge had played 4 teams in the top ten statewide. At this point we have played six games aganist teams in the top ten. Our starters have played 243 min of football in the last 6 games. So go ahead and brag about your impressive stats meanwhile we will be hard at work planning a gameplan to come down there and show ya'll what a little competition is all about. Win or Loose everyone will know the mighty Cats were in town.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it depends on witch Oak Ridge team shows up to play. They struggled the last couple games but they looked sharp Friday. I don't know if Riverdale even plays bad. But I think I'll take Oak Ridge by 8 with an even better performance than last week.

825444657[/snapback]

CC, I didn't think they struggled too much as they were putting up 48 on Farragut.

I defenitely think we will all witness another classic OR vs. Riverdale matchup. Both teams have great defenses and obviously many skill players on offense. There will be a lot of talent on that field Friday night.

I think all OR fans are looking forward to coming to Tomohawk Stadium. It looks like a great venue for HS football. Is it true Riverdale is undefeated in the playoffs at this stadium? If so, that is an amazing record.

Only 124 hours and 17 minutes till kickoff. I am pumped and ready to go to the boro.

you forget that Riverdale did play top ten ranked Smyrna and beat them by 35 and 45 and a Lebanon team by 34 that is MUCH better than their last game with Cookeville showed after that the region does fall off but when they do play the good teams they do show up and play extremely well.... However Riverdale didn't play good vs. Cookeville on Friday and Cookeville played about as good as one could hope vs. Riverdale... i.e. no turnovers excecuted a couple of big trick plays.... held gaston under 200 yards and didnt give up any special teams TD's, and still lost by 21 in a game w here Riverdale really didnt push the envelope too much...they kinda put it in cruise control after 28-7 but did keep most starters in. im not expecting this to be a blowout for either side but Oak Ridge HAS to execute perfectly to have a legitimate shot at this one