Take it Easy on Sommers

CoachGonyeaSHS

Hey Everyone,

Sommers isn't trying to act like a no it all.... He just loves this sport. Trust me, I know. He is a fantastic man who likes to look at aspects of the sport. I think he just has some fun stirring things up.

Trust me, this man would do nothing to try to irritate or hurt someone.

He is a great guy..... thumb

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one has a specific problem with Sommers that I know of. But you did hit it on the head when you mentioned he trys to stir it up. If your gonna stir up (you know what )its gonna smell. He should watch what he says and know of what he speaks when he "stirs things up" about certain people and programs. He probably is a very nice man.However, when he incessantly comments on people and programs for the sake of having to throw his 2 cents worth in it is going to wear on people, especially when those from within his subject matter know he has very little insight of ,and, nothing to do with the program. But overall he can be very entertaining. He gets defensive and sarcastic when you call him on his mistaken assumptions. But I guess we all do. Tell SOMS we love him dearly and wont pick on him anymore. Besides my better half(spouse)says for me to lay off. And I dont want to anger the person with the paycheck.

I credit you for sticking up for him. It is obvious he loves the sport as do all of us on here or we wouldnt be following all this. If we didnt have Soms n Irishdad who would we all stay irritated at all the time anyway lol. Good luck to you coach and your friend SOMS

THE CHICK

I love The SomsMeister he keeps the heat off me.

Look guys it comes down to this...if you love your program, your coach your kids & your parents you will sometimes react in a emotional way. And I do all the above.

We had our first match last week at it was an absolutely great night. Seeing parents old friends and alumni togeher cheering my Beloved Irish. Wrestling @ Ryan forms lifelong realtionships. We travel long distances, eat, sleep, cheer and cry together. It is like no other sport in High school that I know of. I will not apologize for my passion for my Irish. I only wish more of you could experience what we have at Father Ryan. It is a great wonderful thing.

P.S> I know most of you have the same thing going on.

P.S. Plus this is my last year Too Son it will be all over.

Thanks coach!!  Now I feel a lot of love from the Chick and ID. 

This is a great sport and will look forward to seeing you guys soon.  By the way, how has BC and Ryan done so far?  What's the schedules?

soms

825454822[/snapback]

My beloved Irish defeated McGavock. McG had a few food looking kids one in particular at 152.

We next face Brentwood Academy 12/1. We should do well. I love becuz they kill us in football lately everbody has killed us inf football). Then to Brentwood High 12/2. Leave for Helias on 12/3. That is here we shall see where we need work. 12/8 @ kenwood 12/9 clarksville.12/10,11 mcgavovk tournament...

I hope to see most of you 01/07 ....

Has Father Ryans Schedule been posted?

If not please do thumb

825455374[/snapback]

11/23 Tue McGavock Home 4:30 pm

12/1 Wed Brentwood Acadamy Home 7:30 pm

12/2 Thu Brentwood High Away 6:00 pm

12/4 Sat Helias Duals Away

12/8 Wed Kenwood High Home 7:30 pm

12/9 Thu Clarksville Away 5:30 pm

12/10-11 McGavock Invitational McGavock

12/17-18 McCallie Invitaional McCallie

12/29 Wed Collins Hill Duals Georgia

1/7-8 Fr Ryan Invitational Home

1/12 Wed FRA Away 5:30 pm

1/13 Thu Overton Home 7:30 pm

1/15 Sat CBHS Duals CBHS

1/26 Wed JP II JP II

1/28 Fri MBA MBA 7:00 pm

2/4-5 DII State Wrestling Duals @ Clarksville

2/7 Mon MBA Home 5:00 pm

2/8 Tue MBA MBA 5:00 pm

2/18-19 DII State Wrestling Individuals @ UTC

I think this is pretty complete.

Has Father Ryans Schedule been posted?

If not please do thumb

825455374[/snapback]

Hers is my best effort on remembering

103 Win FOrfeit

112 win forfeit

119 tech fall dunning

125 lost fall

130 win pin c oddo

135 win pin t walsh

140 win fall m morales

145 lost fall

152 lost fall

16o pin 1.05 t mayo

171 win pin a bateman

189 lost pin

215 win fall c riley

hvy won ..dempsey

that is my best recollection

Careful with the "love" feelings Soms. You will anger my spouse.LOL

825456212[/snapback]

Does that mean I get better competition? Your spouse may remember us Blossers from long ago. Surely we had some encounters already, if not in stripes. Good luck to BC, but I agree with yu, it's the Blue Raider's year.

Spain, be patient and don't take offense, yu will get to see your beloved Bears in the top two or three in 2006-7 and Soddy will be joining them as well. I'm telling ya, watch out for them Owls guys!! They're just over the Bradley Co. line and it's rubbing off. Gilbert and Weathers will be making lots of noise, in my humble opinion. :blink:

soms