white house loses to Melrose

kwc

Great post kwc, Hopefully White House will have a huge following to the mound. Give me directions coming in from nashville. Keep in mind I haven't been to Memphis in over 10 years.

825443185[/snapback]

BDP ... here is a link to the JCM/Melrose rematch thread where orangemoundwest gave directions in it.

http://boards.coacht.com/index.php?showtop...ost&p=825420788

That should get you there.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So there you have it. We've had quite a few people weigh in on this subject. Dialogue is good. Now to the future game.

BDP ... I'm curious, what kind of offense does White House run? It's evident that you have a stud at RB, a very good QB, and some good recievers to catch his passes. Is White House a spread offense? Wing T? I-formation?

What kind of defense do you guys run? 4-3? 5-3? 4-4? I haven't seen them play since they beat Melrose in the 97' championship game in 3A.

How do you think White House will do in this game?

Ditto....Melrose DOES have a great football program, no one is taking away that....the point that 11 NFL Players have worn the maroon and gold have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the fact that it is not a good situation to be in where there are rude, drunk adults having inappropriate behavior at a high school football game and NOTHING is being done about it....I know that there are a lot of very nice people from Melrose and I hate that it is being tarnished by those who act and behave so unappropriately. The fact still remains the same....it is not a wonderful place to watch football.

825443547[/snapback]

Well gentlemen, I think my point has been missed. but I don't want to beat a dead horse. It is apparent that we probably either did not go to the same games or had different perspectives

I am a photographer and shoot playoff games in the Dallas area for clients. Playoff games here are played on Friday and Saturday. If none of my clients are playing on Friday, I will be there. I hope you will be there too. As KWC stated, On with the game & God Bless!

Edited by orangemoundwest

As a rabid White House supporter ( if you don't believe me, go read the Hillwood threads lol) I do want to mention that I haven't read one post where a White House fan felt threatened about our trip to Orange Mound. I don't believe it is White House fans posting about orange mound.

We are excited with the upcoming opportunity to play a great Melrose team. We are bringing several busloads of fans, plus the fans who will drive up. We hope to have a large crowd at the game. I'm expecting to witness a good football game, plus, I hear the food is excellent!!!!

If anyone can help me, we will have several fans who will be pushing kickoff because of school committments. If arriving a little late, where is the best parking opportunities?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

As a rabid White House supporter ( if you don't believe me, go read the Hillwood threads lol) I do want to mention that I haven't read one post where a White House fan felt threatened about our trip to Orange Mound. I don't believe it is White House fans posting about orange mound.

We are excited with the upcoming opportunity to play a great Melrose team. We are bringing several busloads of fans, plus the fans who will drive up. We hope to have a large crowd at the game. I'm expecting to witness a good football game, plus, I hear the food is excellent!!!!

If anyone can help me, we will have several fans who will be pushing kickoff because of school committments. If arriving a little late, where is the best parking opportunities?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

825443748[/snapback]

Well there really isnt any place to park. So if they r going to be late they will probably have to walk quite a bit.

Great post kwc, Hopefully White House will have a huge following to the mound. Give me directions coming in from nashville. Keep in mind I haven't been to Memphis in over 10 years.

825443185[/snapback]

Several ways to get there. Coming in on 40, you can get all the way left after exit 12 and take Sam Cooper Blvd to Highland or thereabouts, left on Highland, right on Park, stadium will be on the left after a mile or two. Beware, though, it can take a long time to get a left onto Highland -- it's a busy road, and there isn't a light to let people turn left, you have to wait for gaps. They're there, but it takes a while.

Or you can take 240 "west" (south) at exit 10 or 12 (can't remember if they renumbered it), then follow 240 around to Getwell Road (exit 23 or so), exit, turn right (north), it dead-ends in Park, turn left, and the stadium will be on the left shortly thereafter. Which way is better just depends on traffic.

Orange Mound is fine for a football game, you won't have any problems. I just wouldn't go back down there at midnight. :lol:

I feel a strong need to weigh in on this topic.    I am on old school baller that was born and raised in the Orange Mound Community.  I played football and basketball for the Melrose Golden Wildcats thirty years ago!  I have wtnessed inappropriate behavior by fans from a number of places going back to before many of you were born.  This behavior has spanned all races, creeds & colors. As long as there are people, inappropriate behavior will be around.  Orange Mound is not an exception and last night's situation in Detroit is a prime example.

11 NFL players including 5 currently in the league, have worn the maroon and gold and displayed their talents on the field where White House and Melrose will battle for the right to play for the state championship.  Look at the doughnut and not what you peceive as the hole.  Come to Melrose and enjoy what is sure to be a great game.

On next friday, 4 excellent well coached, diciplined, undefeated, and hard working teams will meet in the 4A semi-finals and it will be settled on the field.  What a wonderful time and place to witness a high school football game.  Enjoy and welcome to Orange Mound!

825443507[/snapback]

Hey orangemoundwest....30 years ago???

Did you play with John Gunn and Alvin Wright?

orangemoundwest, have you seen the game film yet? If so, you will notice that Courtney Maddison, #11, did not play @ QB in the Ridgeway game. I was told that he has an infection in a toe that was pretty serious, so Monte Wilson, #14, Cedrick Wilson's little brother, played QB during the game. I was told pre-season that Monte was the better QB, and he looked pretty good in the game. I know that Monte is an excellent reciever. I don't know if Courtney or Monte will be the QB during the White House game.

Edited by kwc

Dandy and you other WH fans...having been there to play Melrose in the past....it is mostly their attempt to intimidate the other team some and maybe their fans. Do not take your eye off the target and stay focused and play football. Get ahead and take the crowd out of it. I would be concerned that Ronnie Carter assigns some good officials to the game

orangemoundwest, have you seen the game film yet? If so, you will notice that Courtney Maddison, #11, did not play @ QB in the Ridgeway game. I was told that he has an infection in a toe that was pretty serious, so Monte Wilson, #14, Cedrick Wilson's little brother,  played QB during the game.  I was told pre-season that Monte was the better QB, and he looked pretty good in the game. I know that Monte is an excellent reciever. I don't know if Courtney or Monte will be the QB during the White House game.

825443916[/snapback]

No, I have not seen the tape yet. Monte was scheduled to be the QB this year but wanted to play receiver. He was the backup to Antonio Heffner last year as a Sophmore and saw some time. I don't know who will be the QB for Friday but Courtney was on crutches at the Ridgeway game.

Smoking pot & drinking alcohol at the game? Are you kidding me? And the police turn the other cheek? No wonder Memphis has the highest crime rate. What is this world coming to or should I say what is Memphis law enforcement people thinking. What a disgrace. I am almost of the opinion that Melrose should have to play their games on the road. When I have to worry about my 3 year olds safety at a high school football game then something has to be done.