white house loses to Melrose

kwc

Well, I dont know how the Melrose fans are, but what I know is that every year they are a legit title threat. They regularly send players to the NFL and are a hard team to beat anywhere. As far as this game goes, White House showed me a TON against Hillwood. I picked WH to win, but I did not forsee them dominating like they did. Major props to White House, you guys have a wonderful team. That quarterback of yours is the real deal. I know Melrose is a tough team to beat and I give them props as well, but a really think this could be White House's year.

White House-30

Melrose-21

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let me start out saying that this is the first time ever i have posted anything on this website. I usually just read what you all post on here.  On this topic I have to say something.  I have played against melrose in orange mound and at the school i played at.  It was the worst atmosphere i have ever seen.  The players run around the field taunting you before the game.  I had beer bottles thrown at my head when walking off the field for half time.  there seemed to be a green cloud above the field from all the pot that was being smoked.  When melrose scored one time I looked up behind the field goal post and some guy had a 40 of beer and pulled his pants down and mooned us.  I grabed the official and told him to look.  He looked at me and said theres nothing we can do.  They tried to flip our bus over after the game.  We took cops down there with us and there was nothing they could do, they threatened us after the game and also when we kicked a field goal some little kid picked the ball up and headed off with our ball.  Its the worst place ever to play football.  In a game of this magnitude (semifinals, which was what we played them in both years) it should be on a neutral field.  They are horrible fans.  White House i hope you beat  melrose pretty bad.  Just look out if you do bc it will be hard to make it out of there peacefully.

825445895[/snapback]

I don`t know how long ago you played against Melrose, but JCM has played them the last two years and the kids that play on the team have always been a class act. So unlees you have seen this team play don`t be knocking these young men`s character.

Listen, if you are not a White House fan, why don't you start another thread if you are going to disparage Melrose and their fans. It's one thing if the fans are talkin' a little trash to each other, but this is something else, entirely.

I'm looking forrward to my trip. Sounds to me the experience will be what high school football is about.... Two proud programs, competing for the opportiunity to play one more game.

We will bring a bunch of fans to the game. I would hope the Melrose fans will be hospitabe, just as all fans and schools are. Fans means money, and what school doesn't need the extra funds.

Hope the weathers good, 'cause I believe the football will be.

825445908[/snapback]

Dandy82, Come on down and enjoy the game. This will be big time high school football between two teams that have fans who love them.

Well, I dont know how the Melrose fans are, but what I know is that every year they are a legit title threat.  They regularly send players to the NFL and are a hard team to beat anywhere.  As far as this game goes, White House showed me a TON against Hillwood.  I picked WH to win, but I did not forsee them dominating like they did.  Major props to White House, you guys have a wonderful team.  That quarterback of yours is the real deal.  I know Melrose is a tough team to beat and I give them props as well, but a really think this could be White House's year.

White House-30

Melrose-21

825445920[/snapback]

Baseballjesus:

I'm pretty sure that White House has an excellent team. The stats from their last game were outstanding. This game however will not be like the last one. I don't think any team in TN will put 30 on Melrose in one game. Not this team. I don't care what division nor the classification. It's not going to happen. I'm not saying that Melrose will not lose to some team ... every team is beatable ... everybody!!! I am saying that this defense is not going to give up 30 points to any high school team in TN. I know, I know, I know ... White House is different. To beat Melrose is to beat them in a low scoring slobbernocker ... 10-7 or something like that. That means that you keep Melrose out of the end zone all game as well. Defense against defense ... against two high powered offenses. Melrose is not going to give up the big play to White House. White House is not going to give up the big play to Melrose. Both running backs, for each team, are going to be fighting for their yards all night. Mr. Ladd will pop one or two runs for 20 yards or a little more. Mr. Cooper will pop one or two runs for 20 yards or a little more. Both of these backs were nominated for Mr. Football in this classification, so they are considered to be the best. Both backs will probably attain 80 - 100 yards in this game ... but they will be hard faught, earned yards. This is the semi-finals ... nothing comes easy ... I don't care how good you are. Folks ... this game is going to be a classic, but don't expect to come into Melrose stadium and light up the score board, it's not going to happen, not this year anyway.

Please try to understand, Orange Mound, at one time, was the largest african american community in the US. A community consist a group of people with different sets of believes and values. I have traveled to Melrose games and witnessed behaviors previously discussed. I have had extensive conversations with those individuals participating in said behavior. The fact is their behavior is the norm for a certain segment of their community. Right or wrong is not for any to judge. I have had extensive conversations with MPD during games and yes they know very well what is taking place. But they have a choice to make. Bust up in the crowd and create chaos and potentially inflame the danger or oversee the nights activities making certain that any potentially dangerous situations are handled appropriately. There are lines that are not to be crossed. The MPD knows this and so does the free partying crowd. They all pull together to make certain each knows were the other stands. Those participating in illegal activities will have their day to face those wrongs. But lets look at the positive. Melrose Football has helped form a bound in that community. A bound that gives young black men from all over the city limits of Memphis some hope were there may be none. Don't kill their hopes and dreams becasue they are in a community that is different from yours and mine. Go to the game. Watch the pure athletic talent of those young men and pray that God will provide them an opportunity to be a positive influence on their community during adulthood.

As for the game, White House executing smash mouth and Melrose spreading it out with speed. They say speed kills. Bring it back to Memphis guys.

Otherwise, remain blind to history and the root causes of the Orange Mounds in our country and stay at home. Then you will lose out on watching dreams come true.

for melrose to win this game, they will have to play smart, commit no turnovers or penalties.......... that will be a challenge for them.....

the last time melrose played a team that executes as well as white house, well, that was when white house beat melrose in 1997....and what was that score?

there is no doubt that melrose has more talent than most any team in the state....but when you meet the blue devils in the semis,  it is going to take a lot more than talent...

for those that don't know anything about white house, let me give you some facts....the blue devils are not a team that is normally blessed with a lot of talent or speed.... they rely on excellent coaching, strength, conditioning, smash mouth, heart, discipline and play execution......there is not another team in tennessee that executes as well as white house....now add to that mix an outstanding running back.....

melrose has not played a team like them this year.....

well, there was one team, not NEAR AS GOOD as white house, that plays the same style....that was dyersburg...and that game was way to close for melrose....

orange mound, nor the fans, will be a factor........melrose has something to say and white house has something to say...

it is talent vs old style.....this game will be great to watch and i will be there.....

melrose has the talent to win, but do they have the discipline? can they play 4 quarters without any turnover, penalties?

825445238[/snapback]

During the regular season, Melrose only had 22 points scored on them ... 22! That's an average of 2.2 points per game. During the three games in the playoffs, they have only allowed 21! The last game was a shutout! We are talking about the third round in the playoffs! They have the best defense in Tennessee ... regardless of classification. YOU DON'T DO THAT WITHOUT DISCIPLINE! Yes ... Melrose has talent! Yes ... Melrose has athletes! You can't have the best defense in Tennessee high school football without DISCIPLINE! ... Period!!!!!!! ... It can't happen! ... They would have been exposed waaaaaay before the semi-finals of the playoffs ... IF they were not disciplined!

You say Melrose has not played a team like White House this year... I say ... White House has not played a team like Melrose this year! If you think Hillwood or anybody else White House has played is like Melrose ... Think again!

Melrose is a very talented team.

White House is a talented team.

Prediction-WH offense moves the ball just enough to win, Kicking game kills Melrose, Low scoring, old skool, smash-mouth football in a hostile enviroment.

WH-10

MR-7

Then again, Last week against Hillwood, i predicted a 3-2 win for WH, so dont count on that score. thumb

HEY MELROSE WHAT'S UP? DO Y'ALL REMEMBER WHEN WE PLAYED IN 1997 FOR THE 3A STATE TITLE? WELL IF WHITE HOUSE HAS ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT IT THE OUTCOME WILL BE THE SAME. WE WERE THE UNDERDOGS LAST WEEK AND WE COULDN'T WIN, BUT WE HAD A BLOWOUT. SO WE ARE GONNA COME 250 MILES, GIVE Y'ALL AN #### WHOOPIN, AND COME HOME. MY PREDICTION WHITE HOUSE 21 MELROSE 7

GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK GREENBRIER HOPE TO SEE Y'ALL NEXT WEEK AT STATE! thumb

Earlier on the thread, someone said with a defense like Melrose, why do you need a kicking game (defending that their kicking game was bad, but the defense made up for it).

Seeing that Melrose lost the past two semifinal games to Hillsboro by one point, and there appeared by the score to be missed PATs involved, then I would say it definitely should be a concern.

I think Melrose by record and scores has proven they have a very good football team. But the level of competition in West Tennessee and Memphis is not near the week-to-week battle it takes to win in Middle Tennessee, especially in Class 4-A.

Who knows if Memphis is disciplined...we will find out Friday. But one thing is for sure, the Memphis area is not known for having disciplined opponents. It's safe to say that Melrose has not played a team as structured and disciplined as White House all year.

Friday you will see contrasting styles, both of which are effective. But when placed against one another, let's see what style comes out on top.

Melrose is a very talented team.

White House is a talented team.

Prediction-WH offense moves the ball just enough to win, Kicking game kills Melrose, Low scoring, old skool, smash-mouth football in a hostile enviroment.

WH-10

MR-7

Then again, Last week against Hillwood, i predicted a 3-2 win for WH, so dont count on that score. thumb

825446204[/snapback]

I AGREE TURF_MASTER_S2S BUT I DON'T THINK IT WILL B THAT CLOSE

I won't make a prediction on the score..... But I do believe it will take 20 points to win.

I'm excited about witnessing a great game. As with many issues we may have opinions, most are exaggerated to a point. After reading some of these posts, you would think Orange Mound is a war zone. I don't believe it, because if it were true, then high school football would be in trouble.

See you guys friday nite.

Maryville fan here... seeing the fact that maryville will kill THS i am predicting the victor of this game is facing maryville..... all the punks round here in East Tn. run their mouths about the rebels.... however, before all the animosity i just wanted to say good luck in yalls game and im looking forward to State and whoever we play....good luck .........