white house loses to Melrose

kwc

A little message from the Maryville fans to the White House fans: Please dispose of these no-class "you know whats", so that we don't have to mess with them. Then we can dispose of you, and you can call yourself #2 in the state, but that's besides the point. From what I am hearing, someone should get a police force before they go play Melrose, nobody wants to deal with that crap. I'm not really worried about it anyway, White House will destroy Melrose.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little message from the Maryville fans to the White House fans:  Please dispose of these no-class "you know whats", so that we don't have to mess with them.  Then we can dispose of you, and you can call yourself #2 in the state, but that's besides the point.  From what I am hearing, someone should get a police force before they go play Melrose, nobody wants to deal with that crap.  I'm not really worried about it anyway, White House will destroy Melrose.

825447333[/snapback]

Just a little advice, If you ever go to melrose dont ever say something like that or you wont live long. Like ive said befoure the melrose players are good guys and cannot be held responsible for how fans act at thier games.

I would love to see anyone go into O.M. and "dispose" of anyone who lives there especially anyone from Maryville.

I would like to wish both teams goodluck on friday and to the winner, go beat the crap out of Maryville, because i know im not the only one tired of hearing crap like this from them. thumb

Now for 2003. Regions 5-6 are FOUR of the top five. Regions 7-8 are scattered and the first one is ninth.

2003 TSSAA Division I

Combined Records of Eight Playoff Teams

Sorted by First Round Pairings

CLASS REGIONS RECORDS PCT.

4-A 5-6 61-19 0.763

2-A 5-6 60-20 0.750

5-A 1-2 60-20 0.750

1-A 5-6 58-22 0.725

5-A 5-6 58-22 0.725

1-A 3-4 56-22 0.718

2-A 1-2 57-23 0.713

3-A 5-6 57-23 0.713

5-A 7-8 56-24 0.700

2-A 3-4 55-25 0.688

5-A 3-4 54-26 0.675

4-A 7-8 53-26 0.671

3-A 1-2 52-28 0.650

3-A 7-8 52-28 0.650

4-A 3-4 52-28 0.650

1-A 7-8 52-28 0.650

2-A 7-8 51-29 0.638

3-A 3-4 49-30 0.620

4-A 1-2 49-31 0.613

1-A 1-2 47-30 0.610

So, for the two-year set, Region 5-6 in Class 4-A is the toughest to make the playoffs, with the eight teams combining for records of 62-17 and 61-19 in two years. In Regions 7-8, Class 4-A, the eight teams making the playoffs combined for a 49-28 and 53-26 record.

Not to mention, those in Regions 5-6 had to compete with 10 teams to get in.

There are your numbers. Decipher from them what you will.

I'm not breaking down every region for 2004, but it's a safe bet that Region 5-6 is tops again with a three-year best of 64-16 including three unbeaten teams.

Region 7-8 combined for 54-25, also its three-year best. Melrose has two win two region games to guarantee a playoff berth. All teams in those two regions do.

In Region 5-6, the playoff teams need to win at least four, and most times five games inside the region to get in the playoffs, and often lose tiebreakers to teams they cannot play because there are so many teams.

Melrose is a very talented team.

White House is a talented team.

Prediction-WH offense moves the ball just enough to win, Kicking game kills Melrose, Low scoring, old skool, smash-mouth football in a hostile enviroment.

WH-10

MR-7

Then again, Last week against Hillwood, i predicted a 3-2 win for WH, so dont count on that score. thumb

825446204[/snapback]

I'm from Memphis & have watched the Melrose Golden Wildcats (MGW) 20+ times, including ALL its playoff games, over the past 3 years. Here are my (UNBIASED-- I'm just a fan of H.S. football) thoughts on upcoming game with WH, Melrose's team and its fans:

Melrose will win 19 to 13. Why? Melrose APPEARS to have a better defense than W.H.

I know nothing about W.H., except what I've read on this forum, so I can't speak to specifics. The consensus seems to be that they are a solid, disciplined, & well-coached team. Its offense seems to do its job. DEFENSIVELY? Well, therein lies the problem, IMHO: WH's defense has given up way too many points, along the way!

This is mainly why I think they'll lose to MGW...unless MGW has 2 or more turnovers and gives WH a short field.

MGW's defense will prove to be the difference in this game...It's the primary reason that MGW can compete witn ANY team in the state of TN, regardless of class, region, etc.

This year's MGW team in NOT as good as either of its squads, from the last 2 years (If they had a kicker, they would have beaten Hillsboro BOTH times) Yet, this team will do what those other 2, MORE TALENTED squads couldn't do: advance to the 4A finals. The reason is DEFENSE! This year's squad has an ever better defense either of those 2 squads. Of course, the kicking game is STILL non-existent! Yet, It likely won't be the deciding factor vs WH.

MGW'S offense is NOT as consistent or as explosive (by a LONG shot) vs the last 2 years squads: its offense is erratic, mistake-prone and commits absolutely too many DUMBFOUNDING penalities. They manage to find a way to score enough points to win, however, thanks to the improvisational skills of Cooper & Madison.

Contrary to previous posts on this forums, MGW really has NOT been seriously challenged this year. Here's why: In wins vs Ridgeway (their FIRST meeting), Dyersburg & JCM, those games were close ONLY because of MGW's achillies heel: too many (untimely) penalities & turnovers!! Yeah, I know it's all a part of the game... My point is that MGW soundly OUTPLAYED all 3 of those teams! It had turnovers deep in its OWN territory, along with TD's, long punt returns & (multiple) big runs called back -- in EACH of those games! Neither of those teams could move the ball consistently, all night long!

Ridgeway got wiped out its 2nd mtg vs MGW. Why? MGW did NOT pickup silly, drive-ending penalties... Dyersburg was the beneficiary of SEVERAL MGW fumbles (as MGW was heading in for scores), plus illegal-block penalties that (occured 30 or 40 yards BEHIND the play) prevented scores... JCM was beneficiary of MGW fumble @ its own 2 yard line (6 pts JCM). Plus, a MGW NEGATIVE punt back to its own 25 yd line or so (another 6pts JCM).

In conclusion, while I think that MGW will beat WH, I will state categorically this fact: If MGW picks up any of those silly, drive-ending penalties (i.e. blocking in the back....some 30 or 40 yards BEHIND the play) or commits more than 1 turnover they will LOSE !! Given WH's (seemingly) suspect defense, I really feel that this is the ONLY way that they'll beat Melrose.

Oh, I almost forgot... The Melrose fans (mainly guys) that sit on the visitor's side act EXACTLY like they were described, earlier!! Trust me, it was NO EXAGGERATION!!!!!!

Bring your own DIET drinks, unless you want to just drink water!

Also, arrive early, so that you can park as close to the stadium as possible. You want to try to avoid parking way back up those dark, side streets. Leave your valuables AT HOME, put them in the trunk BEFORE you get to the area or take them with you into the game! My car was broken into earlier this year, @ one of their games ( I was parked along one of those poorly lit side streets)!!

--TraderB

I'm from Memphis & have watched the Melrose Golden Wildcats (MGW) 20+ times, including ALL its playoff games, over the past 3 years.  Here are my (UNBIASED-- I'm just a fan of H.S. football) thoughts on upcoming game with WH, Melrose's team and its fans:

Melrose will win 19 to 13.  Why?  Melrose APPEARS to have a better defense than W.H.

I know nothing about W.H., except what I've read on this forum, so I can't speak to specifics.  The consensus seems to be that they are a solid, disciplined, & well-coached team.  Its offense seems to do its job.  DEFENSIVELY?  Well, therein lies the problem, IMHO: WH's defense has given up way too many points, along the way!

This is mainly why I think they'll lose to MGW...unless MGW has 2 or more turnovers and gives WH a short field.

MGW's defense will prove to be the difference in this game...It's the primary reason that MGW can compete witn ANY team in the state of TN, regardless of class, region, etc.

This year's MGW team in NOT as good as either of its squads, from the last 2 years (If they had a kicker, they would have beaten Hillsboro BOTH times) Yet, this team will do what those other 2, MORE TALENTED squads couldn't do:  advance to the 4A finals.    The reason is DEFENSE!    This year's  squad has an ever better defense either of those 2 squads.  Of course, the kicking game is STILL non-existent!  Yet, It likely won't be the deciding factor vs WH.

MGW'S offense is NOT as consistent or as explosive (by a LONG shot) vs the last 2 years squads:  its offense is erratic, mistake-prone and commits absolutely too many DUMBFOUNDING penalities. They manage to find a way to score enough points to win, however, thanks to the improvisational skills of  Cooper & Madison.

Contrary to previous posts on this forums, MGW really has NOT been seriously challenged this year.  Here's why:  In wins vs Ridgeway (their FIRST meeting), Dyersburg & JCM, those games were close ONLY because of MGW's achillies heel:  too many (untimely) penalities & turnovers!!    Yeah, I know it's all a part of the game...  My point is that MGW soundly OUTPLAYED all 3 of those teams!  It had turnovers deep in its OWN territory, along with TD's, long punt returns & (multiple) big runs called back -- in EACH of those games!  Neither of those teams could move the ball consistently, all night long! 

Ridgeway got wiped out its 2nd mtg vs MGW.  Why?  MGW did NOT pickup silly, drive-ending penalties...  Dyersburg was the beneficiary of SEVERAL MGW fumbles (as MGW was heading in for scores), plus illegal-block penalties that (occured 30 or 40 yards BEHIND the play) prevented scores...  JCM was beneficiary of MGW fumble @ its own 2 yard line (6 pts JCM).  Plus, a MGW NEGATIVE punt back to its own 25 yd line or so (another 6pts JCM). 

In conclusion, while I think that MGW will beat WH, I will state categorically this fact:  If MGW picks up any of those silly, drive-ending penalties (i.e. blocking in the back....some 30 or 40 yards BEHIND the play) or commits more than 1 turnover they will LOSE !!  Given WH's (seemingly) suspect defense, I really feel that this is the ONLY way that they'll beat Melrose.

Oh, I almost forgot...  The Melrose fans (mainly guys) that sit on the visitor's side act EXACTLY like they were described, earlier!!  Trust me, it was NO EXAGGERATION!!!!!! 

Bring your own DIET drinks, unless you want to just drink water! 

Also, arrive early, so that you can park as close to the stadium as possible.  You want to try to avoid parking way back up those dark, side streets. Leave your valuables AT HOME, put them in the trunk BEFORE you get to the area or take them with you into the game!  My car was broken into earlier this year, @ one of their games ( I was parked along one of those poorly lit side streets)!!

--TraderB

825447777[/snapback]

Looking at Melrose on paper and by sheer stats, their defense is strong. No denying it. But, the WH defense has played pretty well when they needed to. When you get big leads, the offense changes and the defense can allow the gains in front of them, just not the big play. Plus, if you're gonna be good every year, you gotta get a lot of players in the game, and we accomplish this task.

Volunteer[/url]General' date='Nov 22 2004 - 11:07 PM']letsgodevils..your "stats" prove nothing.  In fact they can easily be interpreted as saying there are a few good teams in 5and 6 and the rest of the teams are really bad. While the teams in 7 and 8 are really good with a lot of parity.

What a waste of time IMO.

825447989[/snapback]

I didn't waste time. The stats are available at the TSSAA and with a calculator or spreadsheet, you can have it in minutes.

You interpret differently than I do. To win the region in Middle Tennessee, you are going to have to play seven region games, beat at least three really good region teams, and play good non-region competition because the tiebreaker might come down to strength of schedule, including non-region opponents.

It is possible in West and East Tennessee in several regions to finish fourth in the region at 2-8 and make the playoffs. All you have to do is beat the fifth and sixth (if that many) teams and you're in, assuming they pull no big upsets.

You can't do that in Middle Tennessee. You need tough wins to get in the playoffs.

I don't understand why they do not do anything to the fans at melrose. It is illegal for anyone anywhere to do the things that they do. Why don't they get a swat team or something and go clean out melrose stadium. It doesn't make any sense. It is basically like you have to risk your life to go watch a game at melrose. If they can't get there people to act half way normal then banned them from playing. I think the TSSAA is scared to do anything to them for some reason. Sorry for interfering with your converstions but it just eats at me to see people act like that and get away with it. I know you white house fans hate to keep hearing this bc you are excited to play and i don't blame you but when you get to the game you will know exactly what i am talking about. Football is one of my favorite things but its not worth having to risk lives over it. I just think its stupid for them to allow those idiots in OM to act like that. Anyways i hope you all from white house kill melrose. So good luck white house and i hope you all make it back safely.

Volunteer[/url'>General' date='Nov 22 2004 - 11:07 PM']letsgodevils..your "stats" prove nothing.  In fact they can easily be interpreted as saying there are a few good teams in 5and 6 and the rest of the teams are really bad. While the teams in 7 and 8 are really good with a lot of parity.

What a waste of time IMO.

825447989[/snapback]

Or that the teams in 7 and 8 go out and *PLAY* *PEOPLE* in the non-region games. Like Melrose playing CBHS and Whitehaven, for example.