Greenbrier vs Fulton

timbdp

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

msmoker bulldog69 is not in Greenbrier's "camp". He is actually a region rival. We appreciate his support, but no Greenbrier fans have used propaganda and hype. Everything said about Greenbrier can be backed up. A Fulton fan claimed they have 15 Rogers on the team. Is that not hype? Just wondering. But about both teams being matched up well, Greenbrier's defense averages 11 points allowed. A saw a post where Fulton's average is 10.5 points allowed. Correct me if I'm wrong. This is going to be a great game and I would give anything to be able to put pads on for it.

Edited by justin groves 03

Groves- I realize Bulldogs does not equal Bobcats. The first reply was for "Not a bullDOG in the fight," the rest was for this type of rhetoric, that I have been reading all day:

"I just hope Fulton tries to run it up the middle just to see it get stuffed and dropped for a loss. You can also look for 59 and 67 in the backfield harassing the quarterback, and most of the time he is dropped to the ground or sacked."

"man i like the way this kid thinks he is right aldridge and the rest of the DB's should have a fun night. and man i would love to see dustin cole body slam that QB"

"I think it is Perry who does the "body-slammin'". Dustin just knocks their lights out!"

"heck lets let everybody body slam him how about that"

"Well Well Well. It has been a great year for us bobcats, but i dunno if we should even go to the game saturday? I mean come on obvioulsy this Fulton team is the REAL DEAL!!! I mean look what they got: Jevon Kearse at Defensive End, Michael Vick at QB, Terrell Owens and Randy Moss at the WR postions."

"Greenbrier has kind of taken on that role as a 'Team of Destiny"

Do you need more of the distorted dogma?

Groves-  I realize Bulldogs does not equal Bobcats.  The first reply was for "Not a bullDOG in the fight," the rest was for this type of rhetoric, that I have been reading all day:

"I just hope Fulton tries to run it up the middle just to see it get stuffed and dropped for a loss. You can also look for 59 and 67 in the backfield harassing the quarterback, and most of the time he is dropped to the ground or sacked."

"man i like the way this kid thinks he is right aldridge and the rest of the DB's should have a fun night. and man i would love to see dustin cole body slam that QB"

"I think it is Perry who does the "body-slammin'". Dustin just knocks their lights out!"

"heck lets let everybody body slam him how about that"

"Well Well Well. It has been a great year for us bobcats, but i dunno if we should even go to the game saturday? I mean come on obvioulsy this Fulton team is the REAL DEAL!!! I mean look what they got: Jevon Kearse at Defensive End, Michael Vick at QB, Terrell Owens and Randy Moss at the WR postions."

"Greenbrier has kind of taken on that role as a 'Team of Destiny"

Do you need more of the distorted dogma?

825461069[/snapback]

Well I guess you caught me with my foot in my mouth. The comment about 59 and 67 was made by a player talking about himself. The team of Destiny comment was made by a Lipscomb fan, though it does sound good. The TO at wideout, Vick at QB and Kearse at DE was insinuated by your fans, just pointed out by our fans. And the rest is just fans talking up their players. Like you said, what is wrong with fans wanting their team to win?

Edited by justin groves 03

J Groves- You seem to have good sense. My response was not aimed at you, but rather at those that need to be hit with a little splash of reality, now and then.

This forum is intended for people to express their opinion and to add a little spice leading up to game time. Dont get me wrong...we have fans that get a little over-zealous, just as your team does. Just doing my part to refute some of the nonsense that gets thrown around.

msmoker21---give Greenbrier a break. This board has been swamped for weeks with posts about Fulton this, Fulton that with smack about Fulton is going to win state, win another ring, yada, yada, yada. I know. I've read it myself.

Now, Greenbrier is going to the state championship game for the first time. The first thing they do is have a board where all they are told is how Fulton is "the real deal" inferring that they are not. Now, I'm not here to get you to tell Greenbrier how you respect them, so and and so forth....I'm just hear to say, Fulton has been "feeling their wheaties' for weeks and Greenbrier is pumped up and you guys are upset someone is talking some "smack" back with you. Both teams are a little high on adenalin as the game gets closer, and it's a case of "one-uping" the other. If you can't stand the heat, turn off the stove.

I've watched Greenbrier's post for more than this year. They are not a team that taunts, gloats or beats their chest. You've got to realize that alot of these posts are former players (even for Fulton) that wish they could have been the ones to get here or wish they could come back one more time. Alot of these good lucks are from other schools that are telling their experience...just like Smith County did.

I have SEEN Greenbrier over the years more times than I could count on my hands. They have something to be proud of. So does Fulton. This is all just talk from people that will not even be ON the field. Both teams need to take it with a grain of salt. It all will be settled soon enough.