Greenbrier vs Fulton

timbdp

To clarify an earlier post to some who do not understand what a swarming defense is.....when I said it looks like Greenbrier has 15 players on defense it is because they are all over the place.....it looks like a 5-5-5 defense.....besides I have never seen a 4 man referee crew. ....Nor would it appear that GB has got the benefit of "refs" on their side during any game I saw or on tape.

Hey......msmoker....I wouldn't have too much forward thinking..... I still am pretty sure GB intends to show up and play.

825460393[/snapback]

Thanks once again for the support bulldog69

Edited by justin groves 03

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching this thread for days turned around for one and there are 16 pages goodness... anyways i would like to congratulate the team that according to everyone in the state except for themselves were too small, too slow, and did not have enough talentand they made it all the way to the state championship.An observation on the DE from Fulton sounds like he was a great high school player, but for the sake of everyone that is out on the roads lets hope he isn't another Leonard Little that man has never tried driving sober. This is sure to be a good game and i cant wait to make the short trip across campus to watch, the chance of Greenbrier playing here was the only reason i choose MTSU (haha) I love listening to how great Fulton is and Greenbrier has no chance, i guess it is a tune i have just grown accustomed to... but for some unkown reason Greenbrier has one more chance to show their "lack of talent"

Good luck to both teams but i truly believe Greenbrier is to hungry to be turned away now!

Well you have to look at Greenbriers interior line at #59 & #67, it seems like those two along with the MLB #50 have been shutting down the run up the middle and they will continue to do it in my opinion, I just hope Fulton tries to run it up the middle just to see it get stuffed and dropped for a loss. You can also look for 59 and 67 in the backfield harassing the quarterback, and most of the time he is dropped to the ground or sacked. :unsure:

GO BOBCATS thumb

Well you have to look at Greenbriers interior line at #59 & #67, it seems like those two along with the MLB #50 have been shutting down the run up the middle and they will continue to do it in my opinion, I just hope Fulton tries to run it up the middle just to see it get stuffed and dropped for a loss.  You can also look for 59 and 67 in the backfield harassing the quarterback, and most of the time he is dropped to the ground or sacked. :unsure:

GO BOBCATS  thumb

825460472[/snapback]

green1,

I think you just hit on what I think will be a key aspect of this game. I think it is going to be imperative for Perry and Choppy-D to have a HUGE game....and I think THEY WILL! I predict they will have to have a bigger impact than Dustin or Joey if we are to win. They have been two very unsung heroes this year!

And, catch-26, I think it is Perry who does the "body-slammin'". Dustin just knocks their lights out! :D

Has Fulton played anyone with a defensive front like the "Green Curtain"?

We had a huge strong o-line and they had a below average game against the GB defensive line....and we had one of the top 3 rushers in Mid-Tn.

My point is how does Fulton plan to score?

Hey...mctiger...contact me if have you have an update.

Edited by bulldog69

To clarify an earlier post to some who do not understand what a swarming defense is.....when I said it looks like Greenbrier has 15 players on defense it is because they are all over the place.....it looks like a 5-5-5 defense.....besides I have never seen a 4 man referee crew. ....Nor would it appear that GB has got the benefit of "refs" on their side during any game I saw or on tape.

Hey......msmoker....I wouldn't have too much forward thinking..... I still am pretty sure GB intends to show up and play.

825460393[/snapback]

So, smarty...What's wrong with thinking your team can win. Isnt that what being a fan is all about?!?!?!

Edited by msmoker21

Has Fulton played anyone with a defensive front like the "Green Curtain"?

We had a huge strong o-line and they had a below average game against the GB defensive line....and we had one of the top 3 rushers in Mid-Tn.

My point is how does Fulton plan to score?

Hey...mctiger...contact me if have you have an update.

825460588[/snapback]

Never seen Greenbrier, but I would put AE's Defensive line and LBs up with any in the state...and we held our own vs. those guys.

Sounds like a bunch of propaganda and distorted dogma coming from the Bobcat's camp...all I hear is overblown, HYPE!!! Remember, you are facing the Champs!!!

Let’s not forget, this was a rebuilding year for the Falcons, but instead we decided to reload and have rallied around some great athletes and are chasing the repeat!!!

No doubt, Greenbrier has a solid program and a good team, but we refuse to get caught up in all the hoop-la and pageantry of the event…and you can be sure that we will be ready to Roll on Saturday.

I think both teams match-up well, which will ultimately make for a very exciting game!!

Go Falcons…The Season’s Payoff is Near!!!!

I doubt that last year has much bearing on this year's game. GB was only one game shy of making it to the big one and they have almost everyone back.....oh yeah msmoker21....thanks for the "smarty" compliment....I will take that in the good natured way you intended it I am sure.

Interesting how msmoker21 points out Gb posters put out propaganda and his observations are from a "fan's" view. There is no distorted dogma coming from there. I have no dog in this hunt except that I am proud that a great team from my region is playing for the championship. There is no over blown hype from GB just the wind blowing from the east.