Greenbrier vs Fulton

timbdp

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the top 3 for sure

825468843[/snapback]

So you think Greenbrier should be even lower than fourth??? :blink: I don't think they should be lower than second, but I guess everyone has their opinion.

I guess this shows what kind of respect you get for losing the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. :o

Edited by catsbball1

So you think Greenbrier should be even lower than fourth??? :blink: I don't think they should be lower than second, but I guess everyone has their opinion.

825468848[/snapback]

I was actually giving props to SC. They completely shut Fulton's running game down and Fulton pretty much run it down GB's throat. I just thought SC was a better team.

Well I was on the feild and was in the mix of everything saturday afternoon and i beleive that Greenbrier was not the BEST team we have played, but defenitly, one of the best. They were probably the most disciplined team we have played all year(besides Smith County). Their players were very classy, not to much trash talk going on, on the feild. We got the Gold Ball Falcon fans twice in a row and remember, this was our rebuilding year. We'll be back and ready to take the title next year. I know I'll be ready. "They Know Now"

All I know is that I was there today and I personally thought that both teams played with much heart. They both deserved the best , but in all honesty the better team won.  Way to go Falcons!

I was talking to some of the Fulton players after the game and they had nothing but good to say about the Greenbriar players.  They said that they were by far the most classy team they have played all year ( that is just small country town courtesty for ya,,  thanks Greenbriar)  The Fulton kids Ibelieve if they could would send a great thanks to all you who were on the field wearing the green. You really impressed them.

I was impressed with all the Greenbriar fans before and after the game. You guys really are great and we as Fulton Fans say thank you so much for your courtesy. You made it a very pleasant trip for us and a great atmosphere for the greatest game in the world. Really hope we can see you all next year.

All trash talk aside Herndon is a great ballplayer and we all at Fulton know that. It was not his day just as every great ballplarer has bad says. He is a great player and I hope to be seeing him on Sat. in the future.

Ill close by syaing once again,    Greenbriar thankyou from the depths of our heart not only for a great game but for the good classy, Christ -like attitudes that your team and fans displayed.

Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go Falcons, we are proud of you and you truly deserve the 2nd ring.  You all,  players and coaches are champs. 

I want to say thankyou to the Fulton coaches for all the great off the field Christian values that you  coaches teach those boys. ( Ive been around you all and I know) I am pround of you all!

It was that mean Falcon O- Line that aided in this one thanks guys,  way to go defence, you hung in there and held a very good back. I cant wait til next year!

Go Fulton Falcons!!!!!!!!!!

825468339[/snapback]

I have to say this is the best post I have read from a Falcon Fan. Thank you!

And please no more bashing Herndon, I'm sure he could care less about what you say about him, he's that kinda person. Roge is by far one of the best guys you'll ever meet in your life. And I'll even make a bet on that one!

Msmoker - you have to be the dumbest person I've ever seen post on here. I have nothing but respect for Fulton, but all you've done is bash what Greenbrier people have put on here. You're obviously not a Fulton FAITHFUL!!!!!

Again, Congrats to the Bobcats on an AWESOME season. And Congrats to Fulton on back to back state titles.

Congrats to Fulton. Awesome team that is well coached and plays all four quarters with equal intensity.

This is my take on the game. Fulton's "speed game" and "atheletes" were no better than Greenbrier's. I would call that aspect of the game a draw.

Fulton clearly won this game "in the trenches". They ran the ball down our throat in the second half due to their o-line's size and strength and their d-line's size, strength and athleticism. #40 was as good as you said he was.

I think there was one other aspect that won this game for Fulton....the fact they play all four quarter with equal intensity. This is the first team (from my perspective) that we have faced this year that could bring it all four quarters the way you did. We have been the one to do that all year to our opponents until this game.

Now, for the Smith Co., Livingston Academy, etc. folks who think they would beat Greenbrier based on comparing the two games, you are insane. That can't be done. You may have stopped the run, but you got burned by the pass. We couldn't stop the run, but we did shut down their passing game. SC may be more of a power team, but we have a more athletic team. I bet it would be a good game.

After watching the game Saturday, I would have to agree that Region 2 is probably the king of the hill in 3A. How can you argue otherwise after what they did to the two best teams in Middle TN in back-to-back weeks.

Again, congrats to Fulton!

Jam Fine proved to be a much better runner today!!

825468103[/snapback]

I really wouldn't say it was that Jam Fine was a better runner, it's just that he had the holes to run through. The Bobcat line was just obliterated in the second half. So it is kinda false and unfair to say that Jam Fine is better than Herndon.

Msmoker - you have to be the dumbest person I've ever seen post on here. I have nothing but respect for Fulton, but all you've done is bash what Greenbrier people have put on here. You're obviously not a Fulton FAITHFUL!!!!!

This will be my last post on this thread…

First, let me reiterate what I stated earlier. Herndon, although he had a great year in your area, he wasn’t the most spectacular Back we had seen this year. I am not taking anything away from what he did…he earned the numbers and Mr. Football (would he have posted the numbers in our Region, nobody knows?)…still doesn’t change the fact that he is fine back, classy individual and exceptional athlete. Heck, look back, I was the first Fulton Fan to congratulate the boy on the award. Everyone has the right to express their opinion (that is why we have this forum), and after I returned from the game (and yes, I supported the team by going to this game and all the other playoff games) I just stated my opinion and also, took up for the blasting our region received prior to the game. Once again, I was not trying to take anything away from the kid. People then want to come back and argue with my point…and b/c this is America, I am going to argue my point right back. It seems like people really have a problem with what I stated b/c he is the “town hero” and b/c other GB fans want to hold on to the Mr. Football as a consolation…but like I said, I don’t think about those ulterior and extraneous variables, especially when I am expressing my opinion of what I saw with my own two eyes.

Second, I set here for the first 3-4 days reading page after page of GB and Middle TN people bash the Falcon players (not just the fans) for being “cocky, arrogant and brash” (I believe those comments are made mainly b/c we are a city team) and that we were underestimating GB b/c we were last year’s champs and that would ultimately lead to our demise (and this was before any Fulton fans had typed the first disparaging remark). I heard others laugh and make fun of comments about our speed, the fact that we had “Herndon” caliber players all over the field and that we were going to be pushed around by a greater force of smash-mouth “team players.” Some didn’t respect us b/c of our 2 early season loses and also asked for team stats/size and accolades, only so they could make fun of the things that were stated. (I realize most of this being from bulldog69 – the biggest antagonizer on coacht and what I feel is nothing more than the proverbial coacht heckler—don’t believe me, look at his posts…every word he speaks is a dig and is a blatant attempt to instigate a verbal war. Proud to say, we made him eat EVERY word). Many said that Heart was going to determine this game (GB although they had great heart, it really couldn’t overcome the other mismatches). Others talked about “slamming our QB all over the field,” and they would make us “pay for our lack of discipline” b/c of all of our penalties, turnovers and over-all cockiness or over-confidence. Furthermore, much of what I and other Futon fans stated was attacked, taken out of context, mis-quoted, mis-interpeted and misconstrued, then thrown back at us as being arrogant and boastful. Heck, our graduation rate was even brought into the mix. In the face of all these comments, yes, you better believe that I am going to retaliate and defend my school and the region! I would love to get on these boards and just talk football and match-ups, but people have to get carried away!

Thirdly, GB and Middle TN fans, really tried to get on this thread and make a blatant effort to antagonize our fans…look back, it is well documented…so I felt that it fair to pick right back. Fact is this…tsmoke and I were both born in Montgomery County, but were raised in Knoxville. Our mother attended Montgomery Central and many of our relatives own or work on the tobacco fields that you guys refer too. We know much about the area and your teams and we have the utmost respect for the people there. Many GB and middle TN fans wanted to get on here and continuously berate and criticize the Falcons and our fans that were posting…well, I felt it just to pick right back. In the end, it was all just moot points and cant erase what either team accomplished this year!!!

Enough with this diatribe…

Greenbrier, great year and great run. You have a lot to be proud of!

Falcons, Congrats for all your Accomplishments…the Fulton community is truly proud!!!

Edited by msmoker21